Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sistern filling up very very slowly

• 09-07-2018 12:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭

This wasn’t always like this , actually had a plumber fix a leak in toilet a few months ago and sistern filled up great then , im guessing dirt could be clogging up filter

Heres a pic if my sistern

Any ideas ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Either dirt in the filter at the bottom of the filling valve or the rubber diaphragm at the top has hardened and is not letting was pass through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

K.Flyer wrote: »
    Either dirt in the filter at the bottom of the filling valve or the rubber diaphragm at the top has hardened and is not letting was pass through.

How do i access that ?

Any idea ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

If the filter / restrictor has been fitted it is located where the water supply pipe connects to the filling valve.
    You need to disconnect the supply first to see if its inside the valve.
    As for the diaphragm, it is under the top part of the valve which needs to be taken apart and on that one you need to disassemble the lever parts and twist the top off.
    Water supply needs to be turned off to do either.
    There may be no filter / restrictor fitted and it may be a big ball of dirt blocking the tube inside the filling valve.
    You need to be careful as you do risk causing a lot of water damage if not opened or reassembled correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Are you on a hill? It is not impossible that your water pressure has been reduced by Irish Water either 24 hours or overnight. It may fill up a bit faster during the daytime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Are you on a hill? It is not impossible that your water pressure has been reduced by Irish Water either 24 hours or overnight. It may fill up a bit faster during the daytime.

Was thinking that bout pressure , but its been like this way before water pressure issues

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

If this becomes a constant issue and isn't due to lack of water pressure then how about putting a filter in the mains water. Nothing fancy just a "string" filter. Then clean out your header tank. I say string filter as it looks like wound string.

Our water was so bad at one stage that our main tank had a quater inch of sand in the bottom of it a filter has that sorted. I have one like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Aquafilter-Housing-Transparent-Standard-Cartridges/dp/B01A5LSEHE/ with a 10 Micron filter (1 Micron block to easily) and change the filter every 6 months, it just keeps the worst of any crap out of your system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Is the cistern connected to the roof tank? if it is, then it's not the Irish Water water pressure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Is the cistern connected to the roof tank? if it is, then it's not the Irish Water water pressure.

If the tank is like ours was it could be full of crap.

Advertisement