Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Molly Martens to make $172K

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭wetlandsboy

K.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 Tis Yourself?

She is an evil bitch.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,063 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Meh, lets see what kind of life that buys her in circa 2038 (assuming she doesn't spend it all on one failed appeal after another)

Bitch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

This poor blokes murder always intrigued me :( Do ye reckon they figured they'd get away with it seeing as her Da was an ex-FBI agent? Would he have had much "pull", so to speak?

Also worth noting from the article...
    According to Riegel, Martens' share of the house sale will likely be sunk into her colossal legal bills.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Noveight wrote: »
    This poor blokes murder always intrigued me :( Do ye reckon they figured they'd get away with it seeing as her Da was an ex-FBI agent? Would he have had much "pull", so to speak?

Also worth noting from the article...

I think the arrogance alone of the father made him believe he was untouchable.

I wonder how he's getting on now? :D

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Who says crime doesn’t pay. It certainly has for this psychopatic rotten bitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

I wonder how he's getting on now? :D

Getting cornflakes three times a day and the odd beating, I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

If she was joint owner of the property then she is is entitled to half of the proceeds of sale.

Committing murder doesn't negate your property rights.

I agree that if she'd any class she'd gift her half to her husband's estate but there's no law stating that she has to.

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

Could his family sue her in a wrongful death civil suit I wonder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭SOPHIE THE DOG

There won't be much left for her when she has paid her legal fees out of the half share she gets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

I know he was one of our own from Limerick, but no need for us to travel all the way over to the Carolinas for such stories of injustice....

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/425000-windfall-for-wifekiller-eamonn-lillis-28950999.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Neyite wrote: »

Absolutely, they could sue her father too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Neyite wrote: »

In a civil suit, OJ Simpson was found liable for wrongful death, following his acquittal in relation to the criminal charges. Unlike OJ, Molly & Thomas Martens have been found guilty of murder. Nothing to stop the family suing them for wrongful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,627 ✭✭✭✭Sand

I presume with the legal bills for a murder defence, Martens is hugely in debt and the proceeds of the house sale go to her lawyer, not her. The house could only be sold with the agreement of the other owners (the Corbett children presumably) so I'd say the family aren't going to be surprised by it.

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

In a civil suit, OJ Simpson was found liable for wrongful death, following his acquittal in relation to the criminal charges. Unlike OJ, Molly & Thomas Martens have been found guilty of murder. Nothing to stop the family suing them for wrongful death.

It was OJ that prompted that thought. Maybe the family will sue them both then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I just couldn't work up any outrage, hope that's ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Advertisement