Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple TV siri

Options
  • 09-07-2018 2:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi all, just wondering if Siri is available on Apple TV in Ireland yet?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

nope. not yet.
    Complete farce since its available on iphone for yonks.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jpt1980

Started working on mine just now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

jpt1980 wrote: »
    Started working on mine just now

My ATV 4K still says “Siri isn’t available in English (Ireland) when you use the Ireland iTunes Store or App Store”, and the Siri setting is set to Off, with no way to turn it on. I’m on tvOS 12.3

Are you using a different country store/language setup?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 chapterthree

Good News. With the Latest TV update (14.5) Siri is FINALLY available in Ireland. It is limited to searching for Apple related content and opening apps but it is a start. It would be better if it could search content across all your streaming apps like Google TV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I think the limitations are just the way Siri is on the AppleTV rather than Ireland specific.

Here’s all the stuff you can do: https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT205300

About the only things you can do that aren’t related to finding or controlling content are ask for the weather and ping your phone.

The “what did he say?” command is good. As is the ability to skip back/forward x seconds or minutes. Pressing and holding the mic button and saying “pause” or “play” is no better than just pressing the pause/play button.

It’s good that we finally have it (and the HomePod Mini coming soon), but Siri itself needs a lot of improvement.

Advertisement