Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon prime day

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

honda boi wrote: »
    Airfryer arrived this morning at 8 o'clock.
    Put it on now,can someone with the xl Phillips airfryer confirm if when put on a bit of air blows out the left side when closed ?
    My ocd at me about it :p

All normal :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭mel123

cronos wrote: »
    What did you get and for how much? Out of curiosity?
    I’m on the phone so I can’t link but it was a tv with about 150stg off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭honda boi

km79 wrote: »
    "may i know, that you will pefer a replacement or refund for the item?
    prefer
    i can see the item is lost by the carrier."

SIGH

Who knows I might end up with 2 of them LOL

oh nice I got 5 pound credit too

Surprised at that,we ordered about the same time!!!
    Lol 2 would be an awesome Xmas present :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Ordered a TV last Monday with priority shipping which they say Is 2 days.

It was scheduled for delivery today but wasnt showing up on tracking.
    I got onto chat "horrified at Amazon lying to me over delivery" iwas then told another 24 hours.

Being more horrified at a 2nd day staying in, they gave me a £10credit.
    Agent kept saying they are at the mercy of the carrier...etc.

Anyway it's sitting in the sitting room now waiting to be unpacked.

Bought it at £299. It dropped to 280 so they refunded me the difference.
    Add to that another £10.

43" 4k Toshiba cost me £270.

It's now priced at 369£

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

Chromebook shipped just there, they must have read this thread :) Delivery says Thursday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,252 ✭✭✭✭km79

Surprised at that,we ordered about the same time!!!
    Lol 2 would be an awesome Xmas present :D

Was told new order had been created and to expect email confirmation within 10 minutes
    No email and not in my orders
    Original order showing as refunded
    May have to contact them again if I dont get email this evening

deep1 wrote: »
    All normal :)

Thank you :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

In fairness lads, the priority delivery was bound to have issues, considering it’s only new here and the volume of orders on Prime day.

Is it really worth making some Filipino chap’s day **** over an impulse buy that being honest, isn’t an actual priority to you.

In fairness lads, the priority delivery was bound to have issues, considering it’s only new here and the volume of orders on Prime day.

Is it really worth making some Filipino chap’s day **** over an impulse buy that being honest, isn’t an actual priority to you.

Well if I hadn’t contacted them I’d be waiting till end of days as the Airfryer was “lost” by Iparcel

I have another item overdue but it’s comIng tomorrow with An Post so not worried about It

Was told new order had been created and to expect email confirmation within 10 minutes
    No email and not in my orders
    Original order showing as refunded
    May have to contact them again if I dont get email this evening

You,ll get an order dispatched with iparcel again :p:p:p

• Advertisement

You,ll get an order dispatched with iparcel again :p:p:p

I specifically requested not to

I’m back into them now as I’ve been issues with a refund instead of replacement

Still on chat
    Now saying they issued a refund instead of replacement as they have none in stock. I outlined in previous chat I only wanted a replacement as I ordered, received and have opened the feckin accessory pack

Still ongoing. Now being advised a 3rd party seller has it in stock for 245.99 pound plus 49.99 pound delivery!!!!

45 minutes later and I got there
    Turned down prime extension and 10 pound credit as I really do want what I ordered.
    Finally got them to agree to honour the 129.99 price when they get it back into stock :)

I specifically requested not to

I’m back into them now as I’ve been issues with a refund instead of replacement

Still on chat
    Now saying they issued a refund instead of replacement as they have none in stock. I outlined in previous chat I only wanted a replacement as I ordered, received and have opened the feckin accessory pack

Still ongoing. Now being advised a 3rd party seller has it in stock for 245.99 pound plus 49.99 pound delivery!!!!

45 minutes later and I got there
    Turned down prime extension and 10 pound credit as I really do want what I ordered.
    Finally got them to agree to honour the 129.99 price when they get it back into stock :)

Happy days!!!!
    Fair play at keeping at them.
    Seen that £250 price earlier and thought that's madness!!!
    Hopefully 2 arrive to ya :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

What is the story with Prime returns 'officially' does anyone know?

Do we still have to pay for returns, or is there any advantage to having a Prime membership?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Suckit wrote: »

Do we still have to pay for returns, or is there any advantage to having a Prime membership?

I've never had to pay for a return for Amazon, even without prime?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭leex

I am returning a Prime purchase this week due to it being dead on arrival. You select order in your Account section and go through returns menu options and it prints a prepaid An Post label for returns.

They wanted £9 to return a pair of jeans, but I got on to chat and they made up a return label for free, only required to drop it in to Post Office.

I think electronics DOA are different, but I don't know for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Am I the only one who is finding them worse to deál with since paying for prime?.

I have had a game going missing today said I signed for it.

No game..... Told me wait 48 hours and then we might be able to send out a replacement some 2 days shipping......

Don't get me going on an post as well putting parcels in the bin...

They wanted £9 to return a pair of jeans, but I got on to chat and they made up a return label for free, only required to drop it in to Post Office.

I think electronics DOA are different, but I don't know for sure.

I had that previously and they refunded the postage once received.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I'm noticing the 2 day delivery is spot on but their tracking tells me everything is delayed.
    Still think video is utter s**t

TheDriver wrote: »
    I'm noticing the 2 day delivery is spot on but their tracking tells me everything is delayed.

Video is a bit poop compared to Netflix but has more options if you request support swap you to UK video.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

n1ck wrote: »
    Video is a bit poop compared to Netflix but has more options if you request support swap you to UK video.

I did but its just not a clean as netflix. I especially don't like the pay addon part e.g. ITV programmes.

The £9 was to be deducted from the price of the jeans, so I was only going to get refunded the jeans price - £9. The jean are also on sale now for £8 cheaper than I bought them :)

I haven't ordered much to be fair, but none of the items that I have ordered arrived before 4 days.
    That doesn't bother me though to be honest. I can't think of anything at the minute that I would need to sign up to amazon prime for, that I might need in a hurry that I can't get here.
    I have no interest in amazon video, and groceries would be the only other thing (I can think of) that could keep me paying £7.99 per month to make sure I got them within 3 days often enough to justify paying for that service every month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

I could never get Prime video to work even after contacting support and checking some setting that did say UK. I can find the UK movies but I get caught with an error that says you can't play this video from your location.

If you had an item shipped via UK (PW/PM/AddressPal) get on to them in email to swap the free return label from UK to Dublin. This has worked for me many times.

If you got a lightning deal or any special offer you have to contact them to send a replacement at the same cost. Don't just return it as you'll lose the discount.

Tbh I find dealing with them on email wastes a lot less time than chat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

TheDriver wrote: »

I was told everything from, they don't offer prime here, to we're at the mercy of the carrier.
    A TV took a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭darkside71

Well if I hadn’t contacted them I’d be waiting till end of days as the Airfryer was “lost” by Iparcel

I have another item overdue but it’s comIng tomorrow with An Post so not worried about It

Looking like Fastway(IParcel) might have "misplaced" my AirFryer as well. Arrived into Fastway hub last Friday and no movement since then. Will contact Amazon later today about it.

I'll be ditching Prime before the renewal date. Ordered nine items, seven about 5 days before Prime day. None have been two day delivery. Five late with Fastway/One MIA. The other three delivered in about 3-4 days by AnPost.

Overall this service is very much like what I had experienced with Amazon Non Prime up to about 1 month ago, then all of a sudden dispatch times increased sometimes up to two weeks. I had joined Prime in the hope that Fastway(IParcel) might not be used for my deliveries, sadly not the case. That's just my experience

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Amazon are sorry my Airfryer hasn't arrived yet via iparcel, when I check 'your orders'

I have it nearly a week now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

UsedToWait wrote:
    Amazon are sorry my Airfryer hasn't arrived yet via iparcel, when I check 'your orders'

I might be interested in your replacement! 😉

But not impressed with the prime. Expecting tablet last Saturday, they took money Monday, then wanted it again yesterday but Monday's efforts had frozen the funds so needed to top up account, & it might arrive tomorrow...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

Interesting. For me Fastway have always been spot on, while An Post seem to be having issues with the volumes, about a half of my recent amazon parcels with them came late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Once prime day got out of the way they seem to be up to par for me again all 12 deliveries since have been delivered within the 2 days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

I could never get Prime video to work even after contacting support and checking some setting that did say UK. I can find the UK movies but I get caught with an error that says you can't play this video from your location.

After fussing with this some more and installing NordVPN on my Fire stick I kept getting location errors. I decided to contact support again via chat.

He sorted it out in a few minutes and now it is working... without vpn!

So lesson learnt to keep going back to support until they get it right.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement