Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon prime day

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

After fussing with this some more and installing NordVPN on my Fire stick I kept getting location errors. I decided to contact support again via chat.

He sorted it out in a few minutes and now it is working... without vpn!

So lesson learnt to keep going back to support until they get it right.

Does anyone have the full step by step instructions on how to set this up. See a lot of posts but can't see any so far that summarize it step by step from start to finish. Would be handy if there is one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

So again there are no settings or VPN necessary. It's simply a support exercise.

Scroll to the bottom and click help
    Under browse help topics click need more help then contract us
    Click prime and more then videoes
    Last click chat

Tell them to switch your prime location to the UK.

The above is all I could infer from the entire thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

I ordered a phone on Prime day. No movement for a few days so I contacted them last week and they apologised profusely, a little too much to be honest :pac:

Still no update yesterday, just saying 'Preparing for dispatch'. Contacted them on chat and they again said they'll contact the fulfillment centre. Arrived today by UPS. Must have cost them a few quid :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Right you are. It seems that over a certain size it forces you to nominate a day for delivery, and Ireland and Northern Ireland (by postcode) are excluded.

I signed up for AddressPal, seems their UK address is on the UK mainland. Order went through. Happy days.

Update - An Post's AddressPal turned away my TV on delivery because it was 2kg's over the 20kg limit. They didnt bother to notify me. It went back to Amazon as a customer refusal, so was treated as a return rather than a missed delivery.

Got the notification of it when the Amazon app notified me the refund was being processed. Rang Amazon, who were actually really helpful and the guy tried to do what he could but it was too late, it was delivered to my address (Address Pal) and returned and now the refund was processed.

I lost the deal, and the TV is +£400 more than I paid for it again, +€500 in Argos.

I would try begging Amazon again due to the circumstancess but I actually don't have another UK address for forwarding - does anyone know any similar service?

I hate An Post. I wouldve obviously paid any excess if someone just let me know, but they are too useless and incompetent and like most semi-state company's dont give a ****e about their customers.

Stick to Parcel Motel is the moral of the story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,928 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

First Prime delivery (with priority delivery) was split into two packages, some batteries and a hat.

Ordered on Saturday 21st, earliest delivery now is the 26th. Not great TBH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,255 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Update - An Post's AddressPal turned away my TV on delivery because it was 2kg's over the 20kg limit. They didnt bother to notify me. It went back to Amazon as a customer refusal, so was treated as a return rather than a missed delivery.

Got the notification of it when the Amazon app notified me the refund was being processed. Rang Amazon, who were actually really helpful and the guy tried to do what he could but it was too late, it was delivered to my address (Address Pal) and returned and now the refund was processed.

I lost the deal, and the TV is +£400 more than I paid for it again, +€500 in Argos.

I would try begging Amazon again due to the circumstancess but I actually don't have another UK address for forwarding - does anyone know any similar service?

I hate An Post. I wouldve obviously paid any excess if someone just let me know, but they are too useless and incompetent and like most semi-state company's dont give a ****e about their customers.

https://addresspal.anpost.ie/faq

Look at number 29. It clearly states if items exceed the maximum dimensions that they will be refused at the hub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Parcel wizard do oversize and overweight too

https://www.dpdparcelwizard.ie/help-faq

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

First Prime delivery (with priority delivery) was split into two packages, some batteries and a hat.

I ordered 22 things on prime day with much of it using the 2 day free to Ireland. I got the last of them yesterday including one item thwt was a replacement for something that arrived broken. The replacement was also broken... But it all arrived and I was impressed with not having to pay nearly 4 euro a pop to parcel motel on all bar about 3 things.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    https://addresspal.anpost.ie/faq

Look at number 29. It clearly states if items exceed the maximum dimensions that they will be refused at the hub.

Thanks Mr Address Pal, its under both the weight and size on the Amazon limit on amazon, obviously the box pushed it over by a cm or two. If the useless pricks had let me know while it was there or even before Amazon had refunded me, I would have arranged another courier.

wingnut wrote: »

Will try these guys and then Amazon again, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭mel123

Thanks Mr Address Pal, its under both the weight and size on the Amazon limit on amazon, obviously the box pushed it over by a cm or two. If the useless pricks had let me know while it was there or even before Amazon had refunded me, I would have arranged another courier.

Do you mind me asking, why did you use address pal in the first place?

mel123 wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking, why did you use address pal in the first place?

No problem, I used Address Pal because their UK address is a mainland UK address and Amazon won't deliver TV's over 49" to Northern Ireland (where the parcel motel UK address is).

I would not recommend using Address Pal. https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/addresspal.anpost.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

In fairness, a package arrived at addresspal that was outside the stated size and weight restriction. End of.
    This is on yourself and amazon. But I doubt you want to hear that.
    I would have used parcel wizard in the first place, a valuable lesson learnt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Address Pal have delivered a 55" tv to me before. I have an upgraded home delivery account though. They don't seem to refuse anything once you have that

PW or PM won't be accepted by Amazon as they are not mainland UK. SO addresspal is only option for >49"

I've nothing to do with AddressPal, I've only ever used them twice so less of the attitude.

It's not Amazon or AddressPal fault that you made a mistake and didn't allow for the packaging when selecting your delivery address.

I've nothing to do with AddressPal, I've only ever used them twice so less of the attitude.

It's not Amazon or AddressPal fault that you made a mistake and didn't allow for the packaging when selecting your delivery address.

Yes that is my fault, but how they handled it was in typical An Post anti-customer centric style, instead of making any effort to resolve they just threw back, cost me £400, didnt even bother letting me know, and were then both obnoxious and useless about it when I enquired about what happened. I didnt have a chance.

After that I can only agree with all the reviews on that site I posted earlier. I wouldn't use them for anything that won't be absolutely straight forward, because they are utterly unhelpful and don't give a ****e about their business or customers.

Yes that is my fault, but how they handled it was in typical An Post anti-customer centric style, instead of making any effort to resolve they just threw back, cost me £400, didnt even bother letting me know, and were then both obnoxious and useless about it when I enquired about what happened. I didnt have a chance.

After that I can only agree with all the reviews on that site I posted earlier. I wouldn't use them for anything that won't be absolutely straight forward, because they are utterly unhelpful and don't give a ****e about their business or customers.

Why should they handle it any different? Your package was outside the stated guidelines so they were correct to be refuse delivery.

If you came across to An Post as your coming across here then I can see why you'd get no traction with them. Obnoxious self entitled people who hold no personal responsibility are a nightmare to deal with.

AddressPal didn't cost you £400, your mistake cost you £400.

Why should they handle it any different? Your package was outside the stated guidelines so they were correct to be refuse delivery.

If you came across to An Post as your coming across here then I can see why you'd get no traction with them. Obnoxious self entitled people who hold no personal responsibility are a nightmare to deal with.

AddressPal didn't cost you £400, your mistake cost you £400.

It's this weird new concept, check it out.

Notifications that aren't 24 hours too late might help too - but hey who am i to blame them for anything, I'm only the customer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

wingnut wrote: »

So do Parcel connect, slightly more - https://www.parcelconnect.ie/virtual-address/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

It's this weird new concept, check it out.

Notifications that aren't 24 hours too late might help too - but hey who am i to blame them for anything, I'm only the customer!

As you have proven, contrary to popular belief, the customer is not always right:D

• Advertisement

DPD parcel wizard don't get good reviews either, they aren't helpful and won't bend either. So unless you spell it out to them and give them all the details (same as you AP expected), you will be in the same boat.

Straight forward, they are decent, but if you have any issues, they aren't any good at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Suckit wrote: »
    DPD parcel wizard don't get good reviews either, they aren't helpful and won't bend either. So unless you spell it out to them and give them all the details (same as you AP expected), you will be in the same boat.

Straight forward, they are decent, but if you have any issues, they aren't any good at all.

I've had oversized boxes delivered with them no issue. All for 3.95 or whatever it is!!

Been onto DPD and they are taking it as far as their depot in Newry, and I will collect it from there.

Fairly simply sorted out with just basic communication, something which Address Pal are unfortunately void of.

Alls well that ends well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭honda boi

Used addresspal twice.
    Once for amazon for something that only shipped to mainland UK.
    And for an eBay item,the seller on eBay didn't put my account number on the package but an post still took it and I got it.
    So been good for the 2 times I've used them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,956 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

This two day delivery is becoming a bit of a joke, just ordered 2 things, both Prime, both arriving next Friday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,928 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Today is now the 27th and its still not here. Its Amazons problem as my contract is with them, but I live in an Apartment so the An Post courier can't get in.

No call, no slip through the post and it has been bouncing back and forth to the delivery center for the past few days.

Amazon will try to blame An Post, of that I'm sure, but its their issue as far as I'm concerned. And of course I'm off on holiday tomorrow so god knows what will happen.

Regular Super Saver Delivery was better, at least the "come pick it up" slips come with the postman who has access to the apartment, and not the courier who just doesn't bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Today is now the 27th and its still not here. Its Amazons problem as my contract is with them, but I live in an Apartment so the An Post courier can't get in.

No call, no slip through the post and it has been bouncing back and forth to the delivery center for the past few days.

Amazon will try to blame An Post, of that I'm sure, but its their issue as far as I'm concerned. And of course I'm off on holiday tomorrow so god knows what will happen.

Regular Super Saver Delivery was better, at least the "come pick it up" slips come with the postman who has access to the apartment, and not the courier who just doesn't bother.

How is it Amazon's fault that An Post have no access to your building? Just get it delivered to your workplace or have it delivered somewhere they can access...

This two day delivery is becoming a bit of a joke, just ordered 2 things, both Prime, both arriving next Friday!

Definitely not worth the £7.99 a month, unless all streaming services make it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

I’ve had 5 deliveries (4 from prime day) and 3 have been within 2 days and the other two were 1 week but it gave that as the suggested delivery date when ordering.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Definitely not worth the £7.99 a month, unless all streaming services make it.

..but it is worth it at Student Prime...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement