Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon prime day

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

sugarman wrote: »
    Caved and bought a TV after 24hrs mulling over it, solid €250 cheaper than anywhere else. Just hope it arrives alright, they havent a great rep for delivering TVs in once piece from what ive read.

How did you get them to deliver it, do Parcel Motel take them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Finished off quite the productive Prime day(s) shopping :)

Was really tempted to order the Nvidia Shield - lowest price I've seen, plus had the tenner off from buying the £80 gift card, but resisted, as I really don't need it at the moment..

Instead, went to the 20% off warehouse deals and got a Nutribullet 1200w - with the 20% and the extra tenner off, came to half current selling price..

Hoping it comes as described (used: very good - small cosmetic imperfection, original packaging)

First Warehouse purchase, so hope it works out..

Strawberry Daiquiris for the weekend, healthy smoothies for during the week!!

p.s Thanks Mrs May for the cheap Sterling :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

adox wrote: »
    One of my orders was dispatched earlier and I checked for the tracking, they are using I-parcel. Wasn’t it on here that I read horror stories about them?

iparcel deliveries get handled by fastway hence the horror stories

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Theyve been delivering TVs to Ireland for a few years now

Extra 7 quid, if I remember, for oversize parcel, provided you live near a depot to pick it up.

Beware extra volumetric charges for home delivery if you don't.

I'd be wary with a telly - if there's an issue, is it Amazon or PM who will take responsibility?

That said, I got a small TV delivered by parcel wizard with no hassles - it was cheap enough not to worry..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

This is now down to £280.
    Amazon emailed me saying they'll refund me the difference.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

adox wrote: »
    One of my orders was dispatched earlier and I checked for the tracking, they are using I-parcel. Wasn’t it on here that I read horror stories about them?

It depends completely on your local courier. My Fastway guy is great and I always want Amazon to use iparcel

I ordered straight from Amazon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Was really tempted to order the Nvidia Shield - lowest price I've seen, plus had the tenner off from buying the £80 gift card, but resisted, as I really don't need it at the moment..

I picked mine up on a prime day 3 years ago. No regrets. We use ours daily as our main media centre for Netflix and Kodi. It's very, very fast compared to its competitors (probably for the gaming which we don't use so you can save move w/o the controller). Cut the cord and never looked back. Only time I see commercials is at the movies :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Kamu

Asus X540L wrote: »
    Nizoral shampoo £3.75
    (Goes for over a tenner on the chemists here)

I spent 16euro for a bottle three days ago. Feck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,252 ✭✭✭✭km79

I'm not going to lie I thought the Nvidia Shield was a razor LOL
    And now I know what it is and what it does I wish I still did!!!

• Advertisement

Theyve been delivering TVs to Ireland for a few years now

Theres a big red font on the one I'm looking at that says otherwise for the 65" Philips Ambilight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Theres a big red font on the one I'm looking at that says otherwise for the 65" Philips Ambilight

They seem to only ship 49" and below from what I can see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

The 55 inch (if its the 55PUS7303) isnt been sold by Amazon so isnt showing a "do not ship to Ireland" warning. It had that warning yesterday though as i was looking at that tv when they did have it in stock and likes of parcel wizard would be the only option (65" inch tv weight is above parcel wizards max).

Probably due to size and weight? They seem to ship up to the 55 inch of that model to Ireland.

Right you are. It seems that over a certain size it forces you to nominate a day for delivery, and Ireland and Northern Ireland (by postcode) are excluded.

I signed up for AddressPal, seems their UK address is on the UK mainland. Order went through. Happy days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,051 ✭✭✭jones

Anyone what underwhelmed with prime day?

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭rosmoke

There's the Sony A7 with kit lens 28-70mm, you can also claim cashback from Sony for 170e, so it's a really good price for the smallest full frame out there :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭honda boi

Great my air fryer been despatched by iparcel.
    F**k sake

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Is Prime membership country specific? I spotted a nice Prime day deal on amazon.it, but it's not picking up my membership*.

*Only obtained this evening, for strategic, short term reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

jones wrote: »

Yep, it's been pretty crap this year although I've already got my house full of home automation gear, could do with a Google home but that'll not be on Amazon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,779 ✭✭✭ablelocks

me, but only because my bank account doesn't match what i added to my basket.

Prime Day Envy seeing the precious deals you all got...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 264 ✭✭pajoemccracken

Bought a very good condition LG G6 in warehouse for €230 for my wife after 20% discount.
    I got the same phone 6 months ago in warehouse sale and it was perfect.
    Love the LG G6.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Easy Rider

Yep, it's been pretty crap this year although I've already got my house full of home automation gear, could do with a Google home but that'll not be on Amazon

109 euro on currys.ie until midnight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,580 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Why oh why did I look at this thread

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0728K88K9/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1

(been wanting to go back to this shaver for a while, foils do nothing for my face, even bought blades today - coulda saved myself 20 euro)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

fritzelly wrote: »
    Why oh why did I look at this thread

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0728K88K9/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1

(been wanting to go back to this shaver for a while, foils do nothing for my face, even bought blades today - coulda saved myself 20 euro)

This has been cheaper on Amazon (149) and is currently cheaper new on eBay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,580 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

This has been cheaper on Amazon (149) and is currently cheaper new on eBay.

Yeah, was just looking at ebay and cancelled it lol

Saved £400 on the TV, the greatest saving of my bargain alerts career

rosmoke wrote: »
    There's the Sony A7 with kit lens 28-70mm, you can also claim cashback from Sony for 170e, so it's a really good price for the smallest full frame out there :)

youre imagining things ...£719

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭rosmoke

youre imagining things ...£719

845e - 170e cashback = 675e for brand new full frame + 28-70mm lens.

Just 2 days ago a sh Sony A7 sold with 650e on Adverts, without lens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,252 ✭✭✭✭km79

Air fryer en route to me via iparcel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭joebre

Trying to buy Amazon Fire Stick and have added a UK address as they do not deliver here.
    When I select the UK address, the prices jumps from the Deal price to the standard price
    I created a new Amazon account and the same thing happens.
    Any ideas ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement