Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon prime day

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,333 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah digital stuff will go by your default address i think, so if that's uk then no VAT. I've never had VAT on kindle content that I'm aware of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Interesting on the VAT. I'll try a couple of regular products to see if it changes because usually at checkout it's more expensive as the VAT has been adjusted.

Technically, are you meant to declare something or is it completely legit as it's in the EU?

Edit, tried it with a tv and it changed the VAT from 20% to 23% even though I have my prime registered address as UK.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,333 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Wheety wrote: »
    Interesting on the VAT. I'll try a couple of regular products to see if it changes because usually at checkout it's more expensive as the VAT has been adjusted.

Technically, are you meant to declare something or is it completely legit as it's in the EU?

Edit, tried it with a tv and it changed the VAT from 20% to 23% even though I have my prime registered address as UK.

Where had you your shipping address for? It tends to change based on that in my experience.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

In short, if the retailer has a presence in or breaches the VAT threshold in the country it is shipping to then it needs to apply the destination country VAT.
    Lots of smaller UK companies do not meet the above and will simply ship to here at UK VAT rates

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭dos29

shanec1928 wrote: »
    the only good thing is that you will be near guaranteed a free month of prime as it will be late:pac:

I got nowhere with them with that angle. Maybe I'm a soft touch, but I don't think so....
    Used chat last night to complain that my prime orders were due 5 and 6 days after purchase, instead of 2 which it's supposed to be.
    Got a generic "fulfillment center issue" reply last night, said I'd phone today about it, and he basically just said "ok"!
    Rang today, got the same response, along with "it was prime day, things are busy". No mention of good will in the slightest!
    Gonna fire a quick email just out of pig-headedness at this stage!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

I think u are wasting your time if u have prime in ireland cause the parcels come just as quick wether u have prime or not. Although I did get a voucher the time of the snow when my parcel was late cause had paid for next day delivery .so it varies.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I think u are wasting your time if u have prime in ireland cause the parcels come just as quick wether u have prime or not. Although I did get a voucher the time of the snow when my parcel was late cause had paid for next day delivery .so it varies.

Not really true, I ordered something yesterday morning and i got it today! I'm on a prime trial, usually it takes a week or more to get something, my order wouldn't even be dispatched yet.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Where had you your shipping address for? It tends to change based on that in my experience.

Shipping address was Ireland. Would have to use one of the UK address companies so wouldn't make a saving anyway. Someone said if your registered address was in the UK it didn't change so was just testing.

A phone I ordered in the Prime deals yesterday charged me the onscreen price, i.e. it didn't increase at checkout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

Toys flying outta prams complaining over 1 day later for your crap is getting very annoying.

Complain, but do we all need to read it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Kuva wrote: »
    Toys flying outta prams complaining over 1 day later for your crap is getting very annoying.

eh loads of my two day delivery stuff is coming on Tuesday.

Who here was complaining over one extra day? I'll be lucky to see any of my two day delivery stuff this week...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Kuva wrote: »

Its not toys out of prams, its discussing the product that we are paying for and its not being delivered.

You dont need to read it but what else do you expect top read on this thread considering prime day is over?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

To counterpoint: I signed up for Prime on Monday afternoon to avail of a deal (Garmin watch) and it arrived first thing this morning - that's less than 48 hours.

My experience before signing for Prime is that Amazon UK would typically wait 2-3 days before even sending the package, i.e. Fulfilled by Amazon, in stock, etc., so a like for like comparison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Ordered a firestick to be sent to my PM address on Monday.
    Saying it will be delivered Thursday even though I chose one day delivery.

Got onto chat and complained and got a free month prime.

• Subscribers Posts: 342 ✭✭NicsM

I got one of the Asus Chromebooks late last night and delivery is expected on Friday via UPS, not bad going I reckon.

The phone I ordered yesterday (Moto G6) says they'll update the delivery date when they have more information. I noticed it said standard delivery but I have the prime trial so went through the process of ordering it again, just to check delivery option, and Prime wasn't one of them, just standard delivery.

It's in stock so I'm not sure what's taking them so long estimating a delivery date. I'd imagine they had a lot of orders for this phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DavyC2

Got a lenovo chromebook last year or 2years ago for same price and probably my best buy for me.
    This seems to be a similar type deal. I think you can get free 100gb google drive for 2 years with a chromebook too.

I bit the trigger on the Chromebook too (no delivery date yet), where did you see the Google Drive offer ?

I also pulled the bullet on a few of the Yi Home Cameras, 2 X 720 ones and a 1080 one, one of the 720 ones got cancelled last night so I ordered one of the black ones this morning as they were still on offer, and a dome one :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Anyone have a delay on their 99 quid Chromebook being dispatched?

I ordered like 2 days ago and nothing happening.

I checked and its listed as being in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

Seems to be lots of delays, ordered fourteen different items over four different orders. Ten of the items were due to be delivered today, just got a message from Amazon with amended delivery date up to next week. One item, a pair of Vans shoes for my daughter has no amended delivery date, just a message to get in contact with Amazon. Bit miffed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Its one of their biggest sales day of the year so postage delays are inevitable on certain items

I'm happy with the savings I made, can wait a few extra days for delivery no big deal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

I must try that get on to them & complain that they didnt have what i wanted & see can i get a months free prime;);):D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

Just got I-parcel for my xbone delivery, due Tuesday. Let's see if its on time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

gazzamc wrote:
    Just got I-parcel for my xbone delivery, due Tuesday. Let's see if its on time.

Or in one piece

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Got my two day delivery!!!

on one item, the rest have all had their delivery dates changed from today to We're sorry your package is running late

Well while not quite two day delivery my parcel tracking now says what I ordered will be here tomorrow. I wasn't meant to get it until next Tuesday so happy days if it shows up.

Asus X540L wrote: »
    Anyone have a delay on their 99 quid Chromebook being dispatched?

I ordered like 2 days ago and nothing happening.

I checked and its listed as being in stock.

It looked like nothing was happening with mine but it was dispatched yesterday and is due today via UPS. I think there were slight delays but hopefully yours moves soon!

NicsM wrote:
    It looked like nothing was happening with mine but it was dispatched yesterday and is due today via UPS. I think there were slight delays but hopefully yours moves soon!

When you say ups do u mean ups iparcel?

When you say ups do u mean ups iparcel?

Nope, UPS Express Saver. Not sure why they used that though 🤔

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

I ordered late Monday evening and it's out for delivery today. Sent via An Post.

Guys I'm shocked ordered pampers on Monday night and not due to arrive until next Mon with iparcel/ fastway.

Doorbell has just rang and it's them hats off. Hopefully iparcel can keep this up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Same here - my iParcel delivery was not due till tomorrow and it just arrived.
    Great !
    Fingers crossed they keep it up.
    My wife was there when it arrived and said it was just a white van, so I don't know who handled it locally for me (I'm in the midlands)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement