Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Mobile selectively refusing to send Bank of Ireland SMS activations, and charging

Options
  • 09-07-2018 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

I switched network to Eir mobile recently, and in month 1, without any advance warning,
    have been hit with the double treat, have been hit with the double treat of:

1: Being charged for use of iMessage, as an additional to my bundle
    2: Suddenly not being allowed to edit/add accounts on Bank of Ireland 365

I have spoken to BOI, who assure me it is Eir who refuses to send these SMS activation messages.
    I have spoken to Eir, who confirm that they don't send these messages.
    I have confirmed with several other Eir users who CAN and have received these messages.

Could one of the Eir reps on here please let me know why:

This is actually happening at all?

Why some Eir customers can receive these Bank of Ireland texts,
    (including my wife standing right next to me) and others can?

Why I am being charged extra un-notified fees to use a basic service on my phone?

What is going to be done to rectify the above?

Sneaky extra charges, and being forced to resort to postal methods to use online banking is not acceptable,
    and if not resolved will certainly result in me and my company taking my business elsewhere.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

Hi dirtfingers,

i could possibly add some insight here.

BOI would use a third party service provider for SMS delivery, these companies are mainly based here but the SMS originates abroad as it's cheaper, for them, there databases don't always get updated when a number changes operator here and are probably sending the SMS to your old provider, you'd be best pushing BOI to raise it with their service provider who can trace the SMS and see where it fails.

Why I am being charged extra un-notified fees to use a basic service on my phone?

Its an Apple thing, their servers have detected a new operator attached to your number, it's a once off activation SMS, if it's reoccuring could be worth talking with Apple.

Max

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Hi,

I switched network to Eir mobile recently, and in month 1, without any advance warning,
    have been hit with the double treat, have been hit with the double treat of:

1: Being charged for use of iMessage, as an additional to my bundle
    2: Suddenly not being allowed to edit/add accounts on Bank of Ireland 365

I have spoken to BOI, who assure me it is Eir who refuses to send these SMS activation messages.
    I have spoken to Eir, who confirm that they don't send these messages.
    I have confirmed with several other Eir users who CAN and have received these messages.

Could one of the Eir reps on here please let me know why:

This is actually happening at all?

What is going to be done to rectify the above?

Sneaky extra charges, and being forced to resort to postal methods to use online banking is not acceptable,
    and if not resolved will certainly result in me and my company taking my business elsewhere.

Thanks

Hi  dirtyfingers,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

I would reccomend getting in contact with our support team on 1901 to have this issue investigated further.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dirtyfingers

Hi dirtfingers,

BOI would use a third party service provider for SMS delivery, these companies are mainly based here but the SMS originates abroad as it's cheaper, for them, there databases don't always get updated when a number changes operator here and are probably sending the SMS to your old provider, you'd be best pushing BOI to raise it with their service provider who can trace the SMS and see where it fails.

Its an Apple thing, their servers have detected a new operator attached to your number, it's a once off activation SMS, if it's reoccuring could be worth talking with Apple.

Max
    Hi Max, 

Thanks for that info. Looks like BOI and/or Eir have worked something out to resolve the issue, I'm thankfully back on normal speed banking again!

Cheers,
    G

Thanks also, Thomas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Hi dirtfingers,

Max
    Hi Max, 

Thanks for that info. Looks like BOI and/or Eir have worked something out to resolve the issue, I'm thankfully back on normal speed banking again!

Cheers,
    G

Thanks also, Thomas
    I'm glad to hear this has been resolved.

Thanks

Thomas

Advertisement