Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

switching from virgin media to eir

Options
  • 09-07-2018 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I've been a virgin media customer for years, but want to make the switch to eir, to get the eir sports channels.  However, I will move my whole bundle - internet, tv and phone.  I just have a few questions on this:
    • How long will it take to switch everything from virgin to eir?  Will I need to discuss with virgin and eir, or will eir deal with the switchover, once I give my notice to virgin.  I have a 30 day notice period, so want to ensure that eir will be in a position to provide a seamless switchover.
    • Do I need to get a phoneline installed?  Can it not be done over VoIP?  
    • Does an engineer need to come out to set everything up?  I live in Dublin 8 - can I organise for the engineer to come out at a time that suits me, or would it have to be done 9-5?  If so, how long would they have to be there for to set everything up?
    • On virgin, I can access netflix from my set top box.  Is this possible on eir?
    • With the landline phone package, it says that you can get free international landline and mobile calls - does this package include calls to Poland?  Are there any limits to the amount of minutes you get for free?
    [*]

I would appreciate if someone could get back to me as soon as possible as I have to give 30 days notice to virgin and want to get the switch done quickly, if the answers provided to all the questions above are satisfactory.

Thanks,

Fiona

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Fiona_07 wrote: »
    Hi,

I've been a virgin media customer for years, but want to make the switch to eir, to get the eir sports channels.  However, I will move my whole bundle - internet, tv and phone.  I just have a few questions on this:
    • How long will it take to switch everything from virgin to eir?  Will I need to discuss with virgin and eir, or will eir deal with the switchover, once I give my notice to virgin.  I have a 30 day notice period, so want to ensure that eir will be in a position to provide a seamless switchover.
    • Does an engineer need to come out to set everything up?  I live in Dublin 8 - can I organise for the engineer to come out at a time that suits me, or would it have to be done 9-5?  If so, how long would they have to be there for to set everything up?
    • On virgin, I can access netflix from my set top box.  Is this possible on eir?
    • With the landline phone package, it says that you can get free international landline and mobile calls - does this package include calls to Poland?  Are there any limits to the amount of minutes you get for free?

[*]

I would appreciate if someone could get back to me as soon as possible as I have to give 30 days notice to virgin and want to get the switch done quickly, if the answers provided to all the questions above are satisfactory.

Thanks,

Fiona
    [*]
    Hi Fiona, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here. 

If you contact our sales team on 1800 503 303 (option 1) they'll be able to answer all your questions above and advise you on all details of this move order. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Fiona_07 wrote: »
    Hi,

[*]

Thanks,

Fiona
    [*]
    You are mad to be leaving Virgin just to get the Eir channels. Virgin & Eir use completely different set-ups. Eir cannot use Virgin's equipment, as its incompatible with Eir's. Why not add the Virgin tv to your BB? Check both websites carefully & make sure you identify the price differences for what you are getting. What is Elr's fibre product like in your area? If it dose'nt match Virgin's, stay clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

[*]
    Hi Fiona, 

If you contact our sales team on 1800 503 303 (option 1) they'll be able to answer all your questions above and advise you on all details of this move order. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Hi tracey.

Could you answer the questions fiona asked here anyway?for others who are interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

eircon has tied its green sport app to a piece of hardware that MUST be in place before you can cast to a smart tv.

And they won't tell you why you have to do this...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

[*]
    Hi Fiona, 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    [*]

Hi tracey.

Could you answer the questions fiona asked here anyway?for others who are interested.Hi 
    [*]
    Hi Mrcaramelchoc, 

Unfortunately, we don't process orders from here so I am not aware of the process. The sales team who process these winback orders will be happy to advise you on all. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Advertisement
Advertisement