Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water pressure punches cross area

• 09-07-2018 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows the water pressure in the punches cross area, on the ballinacurra road, punches cross end?

Would like to get combi boiler into house and if the mains pressure was sufficient then great!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

I don't know the water pressure there, but it more than likely is sufficient. Pressure in Limerick City is pretty good. I think you only need about 1 bar for a combi boiler and it's unlikely anywhere in the city has lower water pressure than that. You could try contacting Irish Water and see if they can give you a more details.

Be careful with combis, by the way. They aren't great when you have a few taps or showers on at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭thewiseowl12

zulutango wrote: »
    I don't know the water pressure there, but it more than likely is sufficient. Pressure in Limerick City is pretty good. I think you only need about 1 bar for a combi boiler and it's unlikely anywhere in the city has lower water pressure than that. You could try contacting Irish Water and see if they can give you a more details.

Be careful with combis, by the way. They aren't great when you have a few taps or showers on at the same time.

@zulutango, many thanks for the suggestions and the food for thought, its greatly appreciated. Much thinking to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭toushea

I did a job on my own place recently enough  just off the Ballinacurra road. Pressure was enough for combi but went down the system boiler route with a pressurised hot and cold tank in the attic for water. I see the appeal of the combi but the pressurised system is fantastic , high pressure water at every tap in the house , especially good if you want to install rainfall showers or similar , or if your upstairs pressure is useless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭Knit wit

Hi. Can I ask can you recommend a plumber for boiler please. I'm living near here and my boiler is on its last legs ... truth be told the whole house is on its last legs but gotta start somewhere!!! Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭toushea

Knit wit wrote: »
    Hi. Can I ask can you recommend a plumber for boiler please. I'm living near here and my boiler is on its last legs ... truth be told the whole house is on its last legs but gotta start somewhere!!! Thank you.
    PM Sent

• Advertisement
Advertisement