Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wtd: lost sheep entry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭rodriquez

Guys, just joined this forum and picked up what appeared to be the most recent post. Happy to follow the protocol in the interest of fairness.

no worries - looks like I jumped the queue unwittingly too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

rodriquez wrote: »
    oh ok - wasn't sure if the queue was still in operation - how long do we need to wait ?

Don't know...12hrs was mentioned. We were waiting for mods to confirm.

Don't know...12hrs was mentioned. We were waiting for mods to confirm.

Also...I'm 2 places down on the list and still very interested in an entry! ; )

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Lonelyswimmer

Also...I'm 2 places down on the list and still very interested in an entry! ; )

Okay. So just to be clear the waiting list order is Cartman followed by Jellofish, then Stampydmonkey and finally Rodriquez? 6hrs to respond after which it falls to next in line?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭cart man

Okay. So just to be clear the waiting list order is Cartman followed by Jellofish, then Stampydmonkey and finally Rodriquez? 6hrs to respond after which it falls to next in line?

I have secured a spot so no longer in the queue. Best of luck everyone.

• Advertisement

That's fair enough Lonelyswimmer. I'll take it if Jellofish doesn't get back in time

Okay Stampydmonkey. PM me once the time's elapsed.

Okay Stampydmonkey. PM me once the time's elapsed.

Sent PM there, they've had plenty of time to get back.

ok, does that leave me next in line if any more become available?

Makes sense, no sign of jellofish since the original request went in.

Would be great if the mods would formalise a correct way of doing these transfers.

• Advertisement

Sorry it didn't work out. If I hear of any spares going, I'll ask them to post via this forum.

Sorry it didn't work out. If I hear of any spares going, I'll ask them to post via this forum.
    no problem - would appreciate it, unfortunately i'm unable to race this but a friend of mine is still looking

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Jellofish

Meant to remove myself from the list, can't race now anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭Bertje14

Did read the whole tread here but I will get in line if one comes available.

Long shot I know.

Thanks

Just to be aware that the race organisers only permit transfers via the entry website until this Sunday 12 August.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

i've been avoiding this thread on purpose as i have an entry, don't have the training done, and didn't want the temptation of giving it away.

as transfers are only allowed until Sunday, giving someone 12 hours to respond is too long at this stage.

so for this race only lets make it a 6 hour window, after that it can move down the line. don't want to end up with people looking and someone else with an entry they can't transfer

the other mods and i will figure out some more general guidance for future use, but over the years we have never needed it before...

mossym wrote: »
    i've been avoiding this thread on purpose as i have an entry, don't have the training done, and didn't want the temptation of giving it away.

as transfers are only allowed until Sunday, giving someone 12 hours to respond is too long at this stage.

so for this race only lets make it a 6 hour window, after that it can move down the line. don't want to end up with people looking and someone else with an entry they can't transfer

the other mods and i will figure out some more general guidance for future use, but over the years we have never needed it before...

That is more then fair. I have no idea who is in the line at this stage but i get email notification on any update on the thread so thumbs up from me

sounds fair to me too - think I was next in line after stampydonkey who picked up the last one

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Runner2012

This needs to be formalized somewhere -
    I was ahead of you all and got totally skipped. Triathletes don’t sit on boards all day waiting for emails alerts...

Bit of a harsh comment to be honest. no need for that.

• Advertisement

Runner2012 wrote: »
    This needs to be formalized somewhere -
    I was ahead of you all and got totally skipped. Triathletes don’t sit on boards all day waiting for emails alerts...

Everyone has the same ability to receive alerts and check the threads, like it or not, plenty of time was given to respond...but as mossym said, they'll look to formalize it

Nope totally warranted. Why bother even have a thread with a wait list if no one adheres to it?

Nope totally warranted. Why bother even have a thread with a wait list if no one adheres to it?

And do we all have to wait until you bother to check the thread. Given the deadline for transfers, 12 hrs response time was more than fair, like 6hrs is now.

It isnt that hard to set up an email notification for posts..

you had one post on the 22nd of July 2018. Didn't hear or see since then. Nobody in this thread is your PA so sorry you lost your place in the queue. 12 hours wait and now 6 is more then fair.

About as hard as it is to read the thread and figure out where you are in the queue instead of just jumping in as soon as someone posts up they have an entry.

Anyway I got a spot through other means so I couldn’t care less - I am merely highlighting that nothing was done in relation to putting a logical system in place.

so if you couldn't care less why are you here then????

I thought Triathletes don’t sit on boards all day waiting for emails alerts...:D:D:D:D:D

Tapering 😉

Tapering 😉

Tapering 😉

• Advertisement

Tapering 😉

For LS? A bit early 😉ðŸ˜ðŸ˜‚😂😂

Advertisement