Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wtd: lost sheep entry

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,164 ✭✭✭El Director

Runner2012 wrote: »
    This needs to be formalized somewhere -
    I was ahead of you all and got totally skipped. Triathletes don’t sit on boards all day waiting for emails alerts...

Hilarious :D You need to be a little sharper buddy! Great you got a spot at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭rodriquez

sooooo - I take it there's no more entries up for grabs then? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Fiftyplus

Cycled most of the Lost Sheep course this morning and very perturbed at the Healy Pass descent where road surfacing work is underway and bends covered in loose gravel - hope this is finished by next weekend or could end up very messy!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

was speaking to someone in the club, they are well aware of the issue and are trying to get something done before the race

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭TopOfTheHill

Anybody hear if roadworks were cleared ?

• Advertisement

they did what they could but that decent was dicey

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Fiftyplus

Descent was much improved from the previous week. First-timer for the Lost Sheep and have to say it's a fine race, aided by super weather although the run was a bit testing in the heat. Will be back - as long as I can get in!!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭TopOfTheHill

Second time doing it, and it is a great race to end the summer on. Agree on both points, descent needed a lot of care, but a huge improvement on 2 weeks before. I reckon we were down doing our practice the day after the chippings were laid.

As for the run - that buckled me - took some time out after IMUK and was just not ready for more hills.

Well done to Cork Tri on another super event - well marshalled and great fun (if you can call it that).

Hope to be back next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Second time doing it. Definitely firmly on the calendar if I can get in. Both years, the weather has been great. Cycling up the Healy pass coming above the clouds was stunning.

Hope the lads that came off on the cow sh1te on the decent were alright.

The heat on the out and back on the run was beyond cruel and the devil on the last hill was very close to getting a few kicks with the abuse he was dishing out : )

Perfect atmosphere before, during and after so congrats to Cork Tri. Really enjoyable

yup, third time doing it after missing a couple of years, was always a toss up in my head as to whether this or kilkee was my favourite irish race but i think that's truly decided now, this race keeps getting better.

was in no way in shape for it, knew it before hand, but had an okay race up to the run and then the expected happened. still enjoyed the weekend immensely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭CJay1

Anyone know when the entries for 2019 go on sale?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

CJay1 wrote: »
    Anyone know when the entries for 2019 go on sale?

March or April usually I think. Certainly not this side of Christmas.

Advertisement