Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permission denied

Options
  • 09-07-2018 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]I have been working with Microsoft Access document. Yesterday without thinking I stupidly turned off the laptop without saving the file. Now when I try to open it an error occurs, *Permission denied to access the document*.  Why does it gives me this pop up every time?[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm running Win10 64-bit. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Dell Inspiron 11 3000 I31620003 11.6 Notebook[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]The version of Microsoft Office is 2016. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks very much in advance for all your help.[/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭verycool

Did you check the permissions? Right click and go to properties to make sure.

Also, is this file stored on the hard drive or in the cloud?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 brady099

Run Compact and Repair[*]Step1: Open and Start Access but not the database file.
      [*]Step2: Then go to Info >> click Compact and Repair Database.
      [*]Step3: In the dialog box, navigate to the file you want to repair >> Double Click on it >> Click Ok, repair process starts. For more info about Access errors here:https://www.fixtoolbox.com/accessfix.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7 brady099

Advertisement