Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Childs Bike Seat/Saddle?

Options
  • 09-07-2018 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I'm looking to start bringing out my 6 year old on the bike. Ideally I would like something small/compact if possible I can take on and off and nothing overly expensive. Has anyone any recommendations?

I was looking at something like the below - cross bar saddle but I called the shop and the guy said over time this would mark the frame which is not what I want

https://dutchbikeshop.ie/velo-cross-bar-saddle/

Thank You

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

At his age, and I’m assuming he’s normal size for age, I think it’s your only real option and at that he’ll be a bit big for it.
    A tag along or a “tow a bike” (that may not be the right term) would be better still.
    As it happens I have a tag along I want to give away to some deserving person. Where u based?
    Marty.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Depending on his weight, the bobike junior might work, goes to 30or so kg

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭whodafunk

martyc5674 wrote: »
    At his age, and I’m assuming he’s normal size for age, I think it’s your only real option and at that he’ll be a bit big for it.
    A tag along or a “tow a bike” (that may not be the right term) would be better still.
    As it happens I have a tag along I want to give away to some deserving person. Where u based?
    Marty.

Thanks Marty. I am based in Dublin north.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Im in limerick...  ever this way?

Advertisement