Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creche in Estate using communal area as play area

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

ted1 wrote: »
    Be gas now if you got a bill for commercial rates and a planning enforcement slapped on you for running a office from a private residence

Here come all the keyboard warriors, who would be going ape if they were in this predicament.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

Is it not better that kids are outside and green spaces are used?

If you worked in an office in the city center you would need to deal with city center noise or close your window. If it was just a gang of kids on the green what would you do?

That is a very simplistic view! As someone already pointed out, the risk to the kids using plain common area instead of controlled space far outweighs the benefits.

Would you be happy if your kid was cared for like this? What would you say if you got the call to say the child was hit by a car, disappeared or got stung with a used syringe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭thomas 123

Pkiernan wrote: »
    Here come all the keyboard warriors, who would be going ape if they were in this predicament.

This is the stuff that lets boards down for me. Like they were literally in my bedroom and office and bathrooms. I dunno. shame on me I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

thomas 123 wrote: »
    Doesn’t mean it’s being resolved. Crèche owner just shows them their insurance policy which covers outside play.
    Generally people who use insurance as an excuse don’t know anything about it

I hope this transpires not to be the case. The email was quite a lot more specific but with anonymity in mind I cut it down to that.

Id also hope that given this is a private estate not many insurance providers would cover a business to let kids play on private lands not owned/maintained/controlled by them.

Of course it could be the whole communal issue - but is a business entitled to use communal areas for business?
    When the business is paying rent, then yes it’s part of the communal space.

They often have stuff outside on the path. Don’t Halfords have a gazebo in the car parks where they change bulbs

Op has to close his windows for a couple of calls a day due to childrens happiness and laughter so sends an anonymous email complaining to a third party which results in the kids being kept indoors.

Well done OP you really stuck it to the man :eek:

I'd like to open a pig farm next to your house. Any objections? It'll be free range so the pigs will be happy.

• Advertisement

Op has to close his windows for a couple of calls a day due to childrens happiness and laughter so sends an anonymous email complaining to a third party which results in the kids being kept indoors.

Well done OP you really stuck it to the man :eek:

I actually wrote an email and signed my name FYI.

But hey keep assuming and not reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Be gas now if you got a bill for commercial rates and a planning enforcement slapped on you for running a office from a private residence

No, I’d be to envious if them having fun and realise that’s what kids do and I am working in a residential area.

No, I’d be to envious if them having fun and realise that’s what kids do and I am working in a residential area.

Eh your not reading anything written mate your just going about your own agenda here.

I said clearly I do not mind kids doing kid things.

I mind a business running their business on top of me.

listermint wrote: »
    I wouldnt buy a town house in any estate anywhere in the country and work from home during the day expecting peace and quiet.

tbh thats just plain stupid. its the hottest summer ireland has had in years and kids will be outside.

If you want peace and quiet rent a space in an office. That is more appropriate. Or buy a house in the country.

Clueless stuff altogether.

You're obviously ignorant of planning regulations so I'll overlook your implied insult.

Thread unfollowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

Kids back in doors.

Well done OP. Enjoy your home office.... .

It'll be dogsh*te and tacks in the grass next :rolleyes:

Works wonders on keeping those pesky cyclists away from what I read in the cycling forum! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭A Shaved Duck?

I'd like to open a pig farm next to your house. Any objections? It'll be free range so the pigs will be happy.

Or it would be more like buying a house beside a pig farm and complaining about the smell.

This is the stuff that lets boards down for me. Like they were literally in my bedroom and office and bathrooms. I dunno. shame on me I guess.

In fairness you bought a house beside a playground or was it built after you moved in?

What did you expect to happen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

In fairness you bought a house beside a playground or was it built after you moved in?

What did you expect to happen?
    No he didn't, read the thread ffs.

Or it would be more like buying a house beside a pig farm and complaining about the smell.

In my instance - I rent a house 500 M from a creche with its own outside play are and two green areas between me and them. They travel up to outside my windows and run games outside my window.

So buy a house by a pig farm, farmer has loads of land to let his pigs out, choses to travel with them to your part of the land to let them into your yard every day for many hours.

Pelvis wrote: »

To be honest I think we have several trolls in the thread.

Pelvis wrote: »

calm down dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,936 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Are you writing this from your manor or are you not in the same country a the rest of us.

Are you aware of the cost of rent in 2018 in Ireland?

Trust me I dont want to be here either and im saving every penny to get out.

Where am i ?

Im outside dublin where the housing stock was cheaper and my neighbour is a field on one side and a detached house the other.

So, if i want to work from home i dont have to go on the internet harping on about the noise of neighbourhood kids in Suburbia.

My point stands, if you dont like noise then a) dont work from home during the summer holidays, b) dont buy housing in Dublin.

Its really that simple. Or you know accept the fact you bought a house in a housing estate where people live and shock horror they need creche facilities for their kids who should be outside during the day like i was when i was growing up.

In my instance - I rent a house 500 M from a creche with its own outside play are and two green areas between me and them. They travel up to outside my windows and run games outside my window.

So buy a house by a pig farm, farmer has loads of land to let his pigs out, choses to travel with them to your part of the land to let them into your yard every day for many hours.

Its a communal area and you are placing the incovenience of closing a window to take a call over 20 children getting outisde to play.

Its poor form imo.

You're obviously ignorant of planning regulations so I'll overlook your implied insult.

Thread unfollowed.

Planning ? Ignorance?

The Creche was part of the planning.

Are you have serious or just being obtuse.

Either way its embarrassing.

To be honest I think we have several trolls in the thread.

Ok im not trolling and if you opened the thread in the hope that people would validate your position and pat you on the back you are in the wrong place.

• Advertisement

Where am i ?

Im outside dublin where the housing stock was cheaper and my neighbour is a field on one side and a detached house the other.

So, if i want to work from home i dont have to go on the internet harping on about the noise of neighbourhood kids in Suburbia.

My point stands, if you dont like noise then a) dont work from home during the summer holidays, b) dont buy housing in Dublin.

Its really that simple. Or you know accept the fact you bought a house in a housing estate where people live and shock horror they need creche facilities for their kids who should be outside during the day like i was when i was growing up.

Your point doesn't stand.
    I don't live in Dublin (or even Leinster) I live in a Town over 10Km outside of a city. So your "Go you""Pat on the back example" doesn't stand. Guess what we are all paying massive amounts of rent as there is F-All supply of houses - do you not think Id rather be in my own house with my own Garden?!

I didn't buy - which has been clearly stated several times.

And guess what the kids play outside happily all the time, hell i even kick a football from time to time - the difference here is 20 kids sent out to play while making as much noise as possible.

I actually wrote an email and signed my name FYI.

But hey keep assuming and not reading.

So the email went to letting agent and not directly to the creche.

thats the very definition of complaining anonymously.

Ok im not trolling and if you opened the thread in the hope that people would validate your position and pat you on the back you are in the wrong place.

No I did however ask for advice. One can be lead to think your trolling when it appears your making no effort to read the thread.

So the email went to letting agent and not directly to the creche.

thats the very definition of complaining anonymously.

Please read the thread again before commenting.

For the last time I emailed to ask them would I have grounds to lodge a complaint.

Your point doesn't stand.
    I don't live in Dublin (or even Leinster) I live in a Town over 10Km outside of a city. So your "Go you""Pat on the back example" doesn't stand. Guess what we are all paying massive amounts of rent as there is F-All supply of houses - do you not think Id rather be in my own house with my own Garden?!

I didn't buy - which has been clearly stated several times.

And guess what the kids play outside happily all the time, hell i even kick a football from time to time - the difference here is 20 kids sent out to play while making as much noise as possible.

Oh so you are not even an owner and your original post jokingly looking for profit share when you have zero skin in the game bar renting from the estate.

Well it makes your point mute.

You could rent outside of a housing estate no one is preventing you doing that.

You could work in your office no one is preventing you doing that.

Or you could give out about kids enjoying the summer sun..

oh wait.

Please read the thread again before commenting.

For the last time I emailed to ask them would I have grounds to lodge a complaint.

Ive read the thread and this is your statementbelow on what was emailed ... at what point is the below not an anonymous complaint?

"have emailed the management company(Nicely, as of course its not their fault) to ask if a complaint to them(creche) would be warranted."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Ive read the thread and this is your statementbelow on what was emailed ... at what point is the below not an anonymous complaint?

"have emailed the management company(Nicely, as of course its not their fault) to ask if a complaint to them(creche) would be warranted."

At the point where he sent it from his email address and signed his name at the bottom. Do you know what anonymous means?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Oh so you are not even an owner and your original post jokingly looking for profit share when you have zero skin in the game bar renting from the estate.

oh wait.
    I don't think

1 - you understand the concept of leasing a house

2 - you have actually read the OP's comments.

Nobody, whether they live in a block of apartments, a housing estate or ina country manor like yourself should have to put up with a commercial company using open space (note not "Playground") as a playground for children whose parents have paid handsomely for their children to be minded in a safe environment.

What would your reaction be if the field next to you had a children's play area erected and used daily by a couple of dozen boisterous toddlers?

I'll guess your tune would change very very quickly

oh wait.

Ya ive no rights as a renter sure... Get off it dude.

Yes clearly my point about a share of the profits was sarcasm - and delving into why id have "Zero skin in the game" is just crazy, you must lead a pretty dim life if you take everything you read on the internet as fact.

I cant afford to rent outside the housing estate - any property that comes up(when that pig flies) is at least 25% more expensive than it was last year.

Lastly; Oh wait let me rent an office space to completely defeat the purpose of working from home, and ill get a car to go to that office space and commute there and back every day for what reason?

A ive said - Ill say it again since you seem to want to paint me as some child hater - I have no problem with children or adults for that matter playing outside. I have a problem with a creche running the community games 10Ft away from me everyday.

• Advertisement

Thoie wrote: »
    At the point where he sent it from his email address and signed his name at the bottom. Do you know what anonymous means?

Was he complaining about the letting agency or the creche?

So if sending a mail to a third party about somebody else without their knowledge is being transparent im gonna step away.

Enjoy your silence op.

Advertisement