Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creche in Estate using communal area as play area

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

ted1 wrote: »
    Rubbish.
    The Insurance policy would cover them. Sane as schools do when they take them to parks, beaches etc

Yes, the insurance would cover them and then next year's public liability insurance would suddenly be a few thousand - and the residents would have to pay that on top of a range of conditions that would cost many thousands.

And as the creche would be a joint party to any action, their insurance would skyrocket too.

So OP did all the residents and the creche owner a favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭thomas 123

Was he complaining about the letting agency or the creche?

So if sending a mail to a third party about somebody else without their knowledge is being transparent im gonna step away.

Enjoy your silence op.

Thanks.

You should since you have proven several times your unable to work a thread based comment board.

Nice totally made-up dig by the way.

Just to educate you, the management company are the people who are paid by the people who own the entire complex to manage the entire complex. And this is how this works in most complexes. Complex/estate whatever you want to call it.

AND AGAIN since you cant read or refuse to read - I contacted them first to see if I would have a leg to stand on if I was to complain to the creche I did not ask them to take action.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,382 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

thomas 123 wrote: »
    Its actually just been resolved for this reason.

Got a lovely reply from the letting company - who are always great.

"Its Major risk to our insurance & probably theirs - I will contact the creche right away"

That doesn't make much sense. Creche must be on the grounds of the estate. I would expect the communal grounds to be exactly that - communal.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Ive read the thread and this is your statementbelow on what was emailed ... at what point is the below not an anonymous complaint?

"have emailed the management company(Nicely, as of course its not their fault) to ask if a complaint to them(creche) would be warranted."

We'll seeing as he's asking for advice from the Management Company if he has a right to complain to the crèche I don't see how it can be an anonymous complaint when he hasn't even complained?

lawred2 wrote: »
    That doesn't make much sense. Creche must be on the grounds of the estate. I would expect the communal grounds to be exactly that - communal.

For sure,

Im thinking that its communal for non-business use. Its a private estate so im sure whatever they were allowed/not allowed to do was outlined at the time of planning.

To be honest I just want to let them know they are really noisy :P

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,830 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Was he complaining about the letting agency or the creche?

So if sending a mail to a third party about somebody else without their knowledge is being transparent im gonna step away.

Enjoy your silence op.

Dealing with issues like this is one of the reasons management companies exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭pearcider

Wow complaining about kids playing on the street. What a sad society we've become. You need to take a good long look at yourself OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭A Shaved Duck?

Thanks.

You should since you have proven several times your unable to work a thread based comment board.

Nice totally made-up dig by the way.

Just to educate you, the management company are the people who are paid by the people who own the entire complex to manage the entire complex. And this is how this works in most complexes. Complex/estate whatever you want to call it.

AND AGAIN since you cant read or refuse to read - I contacted them first to see if I would have a leg to stand on if I was to complain to the creche I did not ask them to take action.

Honestly you keep going back to claiming i have not read the thread as if its a victory for you. If you want to spin the fact that you somehow didnt complain because you asked if you should then thats your call.

You clearly cant handle any criticism and place your needs above everybody elses in the shared space you occupy which is sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

pearcider wrote: »
    Wow complaining about kids playing on the street. What a sad society we've become. You need to take a good long look at yourself OP.
    Or more accurately a private business making noise in a common area for no good reason when they have their own private area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭A Shaved Duck?

awec wrote: »
    Dealing with issues like this is one of the reasons management companies exist.

No arguments there, but claiming he did'nt officially complain because he asked in a certain way is semantics.

• Advertisement

Sigh.

No arguments there, but claiming he did'nt officially complain because he asked in a certain way is semantics.

Welcome back.

Your right it was kind of a complaint in disguise. See all this hate I'm getting on this thread.
    This is why I didn't go marching to the creche. People (like you) don't listen(or read in this case) so I could public enemy no 1 around here if I wasnt careful.

Why does it matter if it was a direct complaint or not? Your clearly against my side of the argument - which is okay I'm all for debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I'd be surprised if anything actually changes at all.
    If this is happening

Honestly you keep going back to claiming i have not read the thread as if its a victory for you. If you want to spin the fact that you somehow didnt complain because you asked if you should then thats your call.

You clearly cant handle any criticism and place your needs above everybody elses in the shared space you occupy which is sad.

Honestly I'm not a points scoring type of guy - this is a legitimate issue I've had for quite some time.

In my defense it did appear you were not up to date with the thread on several occasions.

I'm not out to offend, but I'm also not out to be painted as a villan.

TheChizler wrote: »
    Or more accurately a private business making noise in a common area for no good reason when they have their own private area.

You literally sound like a corporate robot mate.

Gatling wrote: »
    I'd be surprised if anything actually changes at all.
    If this is happening

I'd be so happy if they just quietened down by a notch or two. Or used another communal area(there are 2 between me and the creche and 2 more past me) once in awhile.

That's the issue though. As stated I've no issue with any kids in the estate playing. There is no other issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

A corporate robot advocating for a corporate body to get out of the OP's face? You'll have to explain that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

OP, no one would want a load of screaming children outside their window constantly.

If a child went onto your property and fell over, could they try to claim your insurance.? Id be worried about that if they are as near as you say to your property. Could they fall against your car for example and then stick you with a claim.

I think the point is more, the Creche is a business and its up to that business to find somewhere permanent for the children to play. They are a profit making organisation and its down to them to do that. It's not your concern.

If people complain about you being a miser, who gives a crap. They are not paying your rent. You don't owe anyone here an explanation for wanting to work from home. Note to self:

Id have no problem saying it at all, though I probably would have written to the Creche or rang them first to give them a heads up and ask if they could use the other green or rotate the areas they use. They may not know you are in the house at all, let alone trying to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭NinetyTwoTeam

listermint wrote: »
    I wouldnt buy a town house in any estate anywhere in the country and work from home during the day expecting peace and quiet.

tbh thats just plain stupid. its the hottest summer ireland has had in years and kids will be outside.

If you want peace and quiet rent a space in an office. That is more appropriate. Or buy a house in the country.

Clueless stuff altogether.

yeah, kids will play outside but it wouldn't be such a large group, and wouldn't be a regular daily scheduled event, which is a huge difference.

Even if not working from home, a resident paying to live in a private complex shouldn't have to put up with other people's kids screaming outside their window 5 days a week. I rented near a primary school once and got switched to night shifts and the noise was unreal and disrupted my sleep 5 days a week. closing a window wouldn't block the noise, they scream bloody murder constantly.

anyone who rented somewhere that seemed quiet only to find it being used daily all week as a recess area for a large mob of kids would be unhappy with that imo. even if all you wanted to do was watch telly it would be annoying.

Ye all are making OP out to be the ultimate grinch for stopping the kids fun. But he isn't responsible for their quality of life, they aren't his kids. He didn't send them to a creche that decided to chance their arm using an area that isn't part of the creche. He didn't sign up to live next to a creche or school, and a private complex isn't a summer camp. If it's such a hardship on the little dears the parents can stay home to mind them instead of inflicting their noise on someone else on a daily basis.

I don't understand why people who have kids think that everyone else should have to put up with the noise, mess and other nonsense kids cause. Some of us decided not to have kids so as to avoid all that annoyance, and to have your home space invaded by it anyway by the noise of 20 kids 5 days a week wouldn't be acceptable to me.

• Advertisement

anewme wrote: »
    OP, no one would want a load of screaming children outside their window constantly.

If a child went onto your property and fell over, could they try to claim your insurance.? Id be worried about that if they are as near as you say to your property. Could they fall against your car for example and then stick you with a claim.

I think the point is more, the Creche is a business and its up to that business to find somewhere permanent for the children to play. They are a profit making organisation and its down to them to do that. It's not your concern.

If people complain about you being a miser, who gives a crap. They are not paying your rent. You don't owe anyone here an explanation for wanting to work from home. Note to self:

Id have no problem saying it at all, though I probably would have written to the Creche or rang them first to give them a heads up and ask if they could use the other green or rotate the areas they use. They may not know you are in the house at all, let alone trying to work.

Thank you.

I'm your last point: I considered for months to speak to them directly but I was afraid they would react similar to how some people have posted here.

yeah, kids will play outside but it wouldn't be such a large group, and wouldn't be a regular daily scheduled event, which is a huge difference.

Even if not working from home, a resident paying to live in a private complex shouldn't have to put up with other people's kids screaming outside their window 5 days a week. I rented near a primary school once and got switched to night shifts and the noise was unreal and disrupted my sleep 5 days a week. closing a window wouldn't block the noise, they scream bloody murder constantly.

anyone who rented somewhere that seemed quiet only to find it being used daily all week as a recess area for a large mob of kids would be unhappy with that imo. even if all you wanted to do was watch telly it would be annoying.

Ye all are making OP out to be the ultimate grinch for stopping the kids fun. But he isn't responsible for their quality of life, they aren't his kids. He didn't send them to a creche that decided to chance their arm using an area that isn't part of the creche. He didn't sign up to live next to a creche or school, and a private complex isn't a summer camp. If it's such a hardship on the little dears the parents can stay home to mind them instead of inflicting their noise on someone else on a daily basis.

I don't understand why people who have kids think that everyone else should have to put up with the noise, mess and other nonsense kids cause. Some of us decided not to have kids so as to avoid all that annoyance, and to have your home space invaded by it anyway by the noise of 20 kids 5 days a week wouldn't be acceptable to me.

Cheers, I shouldn't have mentioned I work from home at all!

It makes no difference to the problem.

lawred2 wrote: »

If I had a child attending a crèche that thought it ok to bring the kids onto a public amenity without proper checks, I wouldn’t be happy. What if dog poo was there and my little one picked up an infection? Or, worse again if they wandered off?
    Not very professional of the crèche. OP is right to have contacted the management company.

Always easy to spot the annoying parents in these threads, who are oblivious or just don’t care how annoying their kids are for other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Please read the thread again before commenting.

For the last time I emailed to ask them would I have grounds to lodge a complaint.

Ive read the thread and this is your statementbelow on what was emailed ... at what point is the below not an anonymous complaint?

"have emailed the management company(Nicely, as of course its not their fault) to ask if a complaint to them(creche) would be warranted."
    As a tenant the management company should not even deal with you. They should deal with the owner

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

If I had a child attending a crèche that thought it ok to bring the kids onto a public amenity without proper checks, I wouldn’t be happy. What if dog poo was there and my little one picked up an infection? Or, worse again if they wandered off?
    Not very professional of the crèche. OP is right to have contacted the management company.

For all we know the staff carried out risk assessments in line with regulations and by the sounds of it they are well within ratio for adults -kids .

I get the feeling there might be more to this

Always easy to spot the annoying parents in these threads, who are oblivious or just don’t care how annoying their kids are for other people.

Even easier to spot over opininated posters by their post counts.

ted1 wrote: »
    As a tenant the management company should not even deal with you. They should deal with the owner

What does that have to do with anything? To be fair?

For a guy advocating a business using non business land to carry out business operations, your a real stickler for the rules your making up as you go along...

Gatling wrote: »
    For all we know the staff carried out risk assessments in line with regulations and by the sounds of it they are well within ratio for adults -kids .

I get the feeling there might be more to this

Again I'm not sure what the agreement is between the creche and property management people. I don't really care either - I'll just be happy if I can work/relax in a normal level of noise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

It'll come down to insurance.

The management company will have liability if this isn't a designated area for the creche to operate as a playground.

If it's not, they won't want the risk attached to it.

If the creche doesn't have this area specified as a playground, then they won't be insured.

If they do, then close your windows, and deal with it.

When I was in school, we had a designated play area, which was grand and hunky dory. If we cross the boundaries into ground that was owner by the school, but not the playground, we got in trouble because we weren't insured. This was 20+ years ago.

The management of the creche may not be aware they're bring brought out there.

Advertisement