Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost card

Options
  • 09-07-2018 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭

Hello,

My wallet got lost whilst on vacation wity my bank card in it. I have already rang and had my card blocked and they will send me out a new one. 

I would just like to ask a quick question. I have just recalled that inside the wallet was a tiny piece of the corner of my paper bank statement from a number of years ago. I just had it there to recall my account number, iban etc etc... when needed. If they have this info with my account number and stuff is there any way they can access funds from my account? I know I cancelled the card but my account number would be the same. Or would they require more details. Sorry if this is a bit of a stupid question. Just worried about what could happen if my my account number was in with my wallet. Are there options available to me or should everything be ok? First time I have ever lost wallet so I am very apprehensive even though my card has been cancelled. Please reassure me.                                                                                                                                                             

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Fonze07 wrote: »
    Hello,

My wallet got lost whilst on vacation wity my bank card in it. I have already rang and had my card blocked and they will send me out a new one. 

I would just like to ask a quick question. I have just recalled that inside the wallet was a tiny piece of the corner of my paper bank statement from a number of years ago. I just had it there to recall my account number, iban etc etc... when needed. If they have this info with my account number and stuff is there any way they can access funds from my account? I know I cancelled the card but my account number would be the same. Or would they require more details. Sorry if this is a bit of a stupid question. Just worried about what could happen if my my account number was in with my wallet. Are there options available to me or should everything be ok? First time I have ever lost wallet so I am very apprehensive even though my card has been cancelled. Please reassure me.                                                                                                                                                             
    No they cant do anything with your account number except deposit money into it. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Fonze07 wrote: »
    Hello,

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

I'd ask you to raise this through the "Ask a question" section within the "Service Desk" tab of your 365 online profile as a precaution, stating exactly what information was lost and the advisers there will be more than happy to place a note on your account explaining this.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Advertisement