Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part 4 Tenancy - Changing the names on the lease

Options
  • 09-07-2018 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

I am in a part 4 tenancy with my girlfriend and a friend of mine in a two bedroom apartment. My friend is emigrating to Canada very soon and my girlfriend is starting a masters in London in September. I'm staying put and a friend of mine is moving with his girlfriend.

Is there any usual hassle around changing names on leases for this type of tenancy? Should I bother try get them changed?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,514 ✭✭✭✭ted1

As a landlord I wouldn’t allow it. They would start a new lease and have a 6 month period before part 4 starts

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

ted1 wrote: »
    As a landlord I wouldn’t allow it. They would start a new lease and have a 6 month period before part 4 starts

Exactly.

New tenants means a new tenancy. Which in turn is subject to a rental increase by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 pwisp

Pkiernan wrote: »
    Exactly.

New tenants means a new tenancy. Which in turn is subject to a rental increase by the way.

how much of an increase?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 pwisp

Cheers for this, would this be a common enough thing generally, or is this a pain in the arse for landlords?

I've told the two people that are to move in to have all references and statements etc. ready for when they need them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

pwisp wrote: »
    how much of an increase?

The landlord may choose not to raise it, the amount he can raise it depends on your location.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

is the lease renewal for the entire apartment needed, or will the OPs lease still same as before ?
    or can OP inherit the lease from the leavers, and then sub-let - is this an option ?

Advertisement