Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBQ in Devil's Glen

Options
  • 09-07-2018 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi, juts wonder if it is possible to have a bbq in Devil's Glen (near car park) as we used to have? I have not been there for a while and I wonder if anything changed? Thank you in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Eola wrote: »
    Hi, juts wonder if it is possible to have a bbq in Devil's Glen (near car park) as we used to have? I have not been there for a while and I wonder if anything changed? Thank you in advance!

In the middle of a drought, near forests. Wouldn’t be recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,951 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Half the mountain is on fire, and you want to go and light another one somewhere. Have you really thought this through?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Be a good idea if you wanted to get arrested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Are you asking if you can? Or if you should?

https://www.agriculture.gov.ie/forestservice/firemanagement/
    DAFM advise at this point that all outdoor use of fires, barbeques and other open ignition sources be avoided on forest lands, public amenities and in other high risk
    areas until further notice. Extreme caution is again advised with respect to haymaking and the use of machinery and other agricultural activity that may also present
    a risk of fire in dry vegetation in current conditions. There appears to be a strong correlation between fire activity and illegal dumping and other activities on public
    lands in recent days and increased vigilance by land managers and landowners is advised. It is illegal to burn growing vegetation on uncultivated land between March
    1st and August 31st

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/environment/extreme-danger-red-warning-for-forest-fires-in-place-until-friday-1.3551031

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Eola

Thank you for your emotional answers, but I never mentioned I want to have a BBQ now :rolleyes:. It was a general question to find out if the designated area for BBQs near Devil's Glen car park still exist (as it used to be for years...)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Thank you for your emotional answers, but I never mentioned I want to have a BBQ now :rolleyes:. It was a general question to find out if the designated area for BBQs near Devil's Glen car park still exist (as it used to be for years...)

There was last summer when we were there, wouldn't be surprised if its not allowed this summer though.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Advertisement