Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone not working in Mexico.

Options
  • 09-07-2018 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭

My phone is showing coverage through AT&T but it appears I'm unable to call out (says "number invalid" everytime), doesnt matter if its a uk, Irish or mexican.
    Tbh I'm not worried about calls but do need access to texts. I know im not recieving them which is cauing a problem. Is there anything that would be causing this?

I can't see any issues with settings on the phone, the Sim has credit, topped up twice as I forgot to deactivate the bundle for thr trip!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

overshoot wrote: »
    My phone is showing coverage through AT&T but it appears I'm unable to call out (says "number invalid" everytime), doesnt matter if its a uk, Irish or mexican.
    Tbh I'm not worried about calls but do need access to texts. I know im not recieving them which is cauing a problem. Is there anything that would be causing this?

I can't see any issues with settings on the phone, the Sim has credit, topped up twice as I forgot to deactivate the bundle for thr trip!
    Hi overshoot ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and mobile number and pin, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭alanashe

I had the same problem with AT&T in Mexico, showed signal but would not work. I manually changed to Telcell and I had no more issues!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

alanashe wrote: »
    I had the same problem with AT&T in Mexico, showed signal but would not work. I manually changed to Telcell and I had no more issues!
    Hi alanashe, 

I'm glad to hear you got your issue sorted. Thanks for the feedback. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭overshoot

The changes didn't seem to work, but did get the network to change to pecaso and a few texts came through.
    Couldn't change to telcel for some reason (maybe as I've a Sim of theirs in?)

Thanks for the help

Advertisement