Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heuston Station to St Vincents Hospital?

Options
  • 09-07-2018 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Looking for some info as to the best way to make my way to St Vincents Hospital from Heuston Station please as I'm not from Dublin and not too familiar at all with it.

I'll be arriving into Heuston Station and from a bit of research it seems like if I get the Luas to Connolly Station and then from there DART to Sydney Parade might work?

I gather St Vincent's isn't too far from Sydney Parade? Is it much of a walk?

Or can anyone suggest any easier route from Heuston to St Vincents please?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

That's pretty much it, there's always buses from town down towards that way like the 4 or the 7 but DART is the best, give yourself a good hour and a half.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Kyleboy

Moyglish wrote: »
    Hi all,

Looking for some info as to the best way to make my way to St Vincents Hospital from Heuston Station please as I'm not from Dublin and not too familiar at all with it.

I'll be arriving into Heuston Station and from a bit of research it seems like if I get the Luas to Connolly Station and then from there DART to Sydney Parade might work?

I gather St Vincent's isn't too far from Sydney Parade? Is it much of a walk?

Or can anyone suggest any easier route from Heuston to St Vincents please?

Many thanks.

Luas to Abbey Street then 1 minute walk to oconnell Bridge get number bus 4 or 7/7a drop you right outside St Vincent's.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Great, thanks for getting back to me guys, appreciate!

Which would be the easiest option / least walking? Dart to Sydney Parade or Luas into town and then bus from there to St Vincents?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,352 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

http://www.a-b.ie/cp3/XSLT_TRIP_REQUEST2?language=en#std3_ac_options

This is a fantastic tool for planning trips around Dublin on public transport.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,771 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

It's quite close to Sydney parade. Could you get a train that, rather than terminating in heuston, goes through the phoenix park tunnel to Pearse street? It'd be a lot easier to get the dart from there.

• Advertisement

McGaggs wrote: »
    It's quite close to Sydney parade. Could you get a train that, rather than terminating in heuston, goes through the phoenix park tunnel to Pearse street? It'd be a lot easier to get the dart from there.

Unfortunately not I don't think, train only goes to Heuston, but thanks for the suggestion, appreciate it :)

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    http://www.a-b.ie/cp3/XSLT_TRIP_REQUEST2?language=en#std3_ac_options

This is a fantastic tool for planning trips around Dublin on public transport.

Great, thanks, that's very useful :)

Probably a silly question, but I think I could get the 145 bus from outside Heuston Station or near by, does that go fairly direct to St Vincents? Or would RTE in Donnybrook be the nearest stop, or does it actually stop outside St Vincents?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Moyglish wrote: »
    Probably a silly question, but I think I could get the 145 bus from outside Heuston Station or near by, does that go fairly direct to St Vincents? Or would RTE in Donnybrook be the nearest stop, or does it actually stop outside St Vincents?

Rte as in it goes out n11.

You could get it to dolier St or Nassau street the 4 or 7

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

If you're not mobility impaired I think the 145 would be your best bet - you're getting it from outside Heuston and it leaves you a 10 minute walk to the Hospital with no changes to be made.
    Everything else suggested whilst accurate does involve at least one change, some of which might not be very intuitive to someone unfamiliar with Dublin and its public transport system.

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the help and replies guys, was very helpful and informative, appreciate you all taking the time out to reply 😊

Got the Luas to Busaras, then over to Connolly Station and DART from there to Sydney Parade and it was a short walk from there to the hospital.

Hope this might help anyone else who's ever looking for directions to same in the future also :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

McGaggs wrote: »
    Only some peak-time commuter trains do this. http://www.irishrail.ie/media/16_dublin-portlaoise_valind_from_20112016.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

I'd just take the 145 to RTE and walk down Nutley. According to Google maps it's a 9 minute walk vs a 6 minute walk from Sydney Parade DART.

Advertisement