Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freshly roasted coffee beans online

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

sioda wrote: »
    https://www.greenbeanroasters.com/

Good coffee at a decent price tbf

Very good deal there to buy 4 pay for 3 and free postage over 30e

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭mrm

Very good deal there to buy 4 pay for 3 and free postage over 30e

Provided the beans are nice! I have ordered the Tiger Paw, Jaggy Loko, Cafe Supremo and High Segovia.

My current subscription with Bell Lane has only been OK and not really worth the bargain price, though the last months Dragonfly bean has been a massive improvement on previous deliveries. Hopefully this weeks delivery is similarly good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,319 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

No good coffee to be got on the global spread computer web. You have to go to either Ethiopia, Colombia or Guatemala for a good cup of coffee. These noisy machines you see here in people’s houses cannot do it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,348 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

mrm wrote: »
    Provided the beans are nice! I have ordered the Tiger Paw, Jaggy Loko, Cafe Supremo and High Segovia.

My current subscription with Bell Lane has only been OK and not really worth the bargain price, though the last months Dragonfly bean has been a massive improvement on previous deliveries. Hopefully this weeks delivery is similarly good.

That's exactly what I got. High Segovia I'm unsure about. I've had 3-4 now and really liked 1 and not su much another. The Jaggy Loko I really liked, and that was just using a moka pot.

I'll try the tiger paw next.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Darrener

No good coffee to be got on the global spread computer web. You have to go to either Ethiopia, Colombia or Guatemala for a good cup of coffee. These noisy machines you see here in people’s houses cannot do it.

What are you on about ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

Darrener wrote: »
    What are you on about ?

I would say he is trying to say , that best , world class roasters & coffee baristas based in Africa and South America?
    Are they in Top10 even?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

When were you last in Ethiopia?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Just picked up a Kg of Nensebo Refissa from Badger and Dodo, which was the same bean used for Sample D, for those who participated in the World's Largest Coffee tasting event. Beautiful coffee - a little more expensive than my usual Kg of coffee (but a lot cheaper than FourSquare). The OH isn't a big fan, which has meant breaking out the second grinder - an old Mazzer Super Jolly that was hacked to bits when I bought it, but I am now motivated to give it an overhaul, and have ordered some parts to convert it fully to doserless, and hopefully restore it to it's former coffee shop splendour. Retention at the moment is about 2-3 grams for every 15g shot and I have no idea where it's going, so it seems like a suitable lockdown project. :)

530088.png

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Nice, best of luck with the grinder project. I've just come through aligning and repairing my Vario and it's now giving great results!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

the Nensibo is a top class coffee, didn't know it was in the tasting event, I feel a bit less fomo now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

Just picked up a Kg of Nensebo Refissa from Badger and Dodo, which was the same bean used for Sample D, for those who participated in the World's Largest Coffee tasting event. Beautiful coffee - a little more expensive than my usual Kg of coffee (but a lot cheaper than FourSquare). The OH isn't a big fan, which has meant breaking out the second grinder - an old Mazzer Super Jolly that was hacked to bits when I bought it, but I am now motivated to give it an overhaul, and have ordered some parts to convert it fully to doserless, and hopefully restore it to it's former coffee shop splendour. Retention at the moment is about 2-3 grams for every 15g shot and I have no idea where it's going, so it seems like a suitable lockdown project. :)

530088.png

Are you going to use the octopus funnel to make it doserless?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Are you going to use the octopus funnel to make it doserless?
    It was already in some ways doserless - previous owner took an angle grinder to it, but hadn't removed the remains of the doser or disabled the doser safety circuit. I bought a mod that has a backplate, so I can remove the doser completely and it has a small chute. Expensive, but it's a passion project. My other grinder is a Sage Pro, and even in it's semi incapacitated state, they Mazzer seems to be pulling much better shots (not entirely surprising). This is the mod here:
    https://home-doserless.com/product/mazzer-super-jolly/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Weepsie wrote: »
    4 bags delivered 2 days after ordering. All roasted on the 9th of Oct.

Ordered a little selection there.

image.png

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,348 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

High Segovia wasn't doing much for me as an espresso or Aeropress (now not a true espresso, I've a Presso manual one, but it's pretty decent).

However, working from home from today meant I had time to try Hoffman's French Press method. Much better.

Jaggy Loko I enjoyed with a small bit of milk (Moka pot mostly)

I got a bag of the decaf too. Had to say I enjoyed it quite a lot. Still to try the Tiger Paw.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,659 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

It was already in some ways doserless - previous owner took an angle grinder to it, but hadn't removed the remains of the doser or disabled the doser safety circuit. I bought a mod that has a backplate, so I can remove the doser completely and it has a small chute. Expensive, but it's a passion project. My other grinder is a Sage Pro, and even in it's semi incapacitated state, they Mazzer seems to be pulling much better shots (not entirely surprising). This is the mod here:
    https://home-doserless.com/product/mazzer-super-jolly/

I had one of those in my SJ, they're great kits. Helps with the retention a lot too due to the blower that comes with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭scarepanda

This may not be the right place, but would anyone have any recommendations for decafe beans online? My husband loves his coffee, but is trying to reduce his caffeine intake. So far he's tried decafe from Maher's coffee and poinare. He prefers the poinare coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

scarepanda wrote: »
    This may not be the right place, but would anyone have any recommendations for decafe beans online? My husband loves his coffee, but is trying to reduce his caffeine intake. So far he's tried decafe from Maher's coffee and poinare. He prefers the poinare coffee.

I haven't tried them, but Gary in Imbibe said they'll have some up shortly, if they don't already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭Bigbooty

The Costa Rica Alma Negra from the Imbibe coffee close is banging. Lovely brew. A rare Costa Rican natural with big tropical notes and sugar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

OK so since Lockdown I've started buying 3FE and living the Manuela blend. Tried another but have ordered couple packs of what I like. I order it in French press blend

I have a single French press container, I just put 2 spoons (measure spoon that came with the jug), got water to the top, leave a couple mins, plunge and enjoy...

Then I read the 3fe site and now I'm doing it all wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

BKWDR wrote: »
    OK so since Lockdown I've started buying 3FE and living the Manuela blend. Tried another but have ordered couple packs of what I like. I order it in French press blend

I have a single French press container, I just put 2 spoons (measure spoon that came with the jug), got water to the top, leave a couple mins, plunge and enjoy...

Then I read the 3fe site and now I'm doing it all wrong?

If you enjoy the coffee, then you are doing it right. No harm in experimenting, trying different techniques, but ultimately, it's about what you enjoy...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Bluefoam wrote: »
    If you enjoy the coffee, then you are doing it right. No harm in experimenting, trying different techniques, but ultimately, it's about what you enjoy...

I do, what's the next step up from French press without spending a fortune

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

BKWDR wrote: »
    I do, what's the next step up from French press without spending a fortune

V60 or chemex

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Started the Mexican Jaguar from Ponaire yesterday. Beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Started the Mexican Jaguar from Ponaire yesterday. Beautiful.

Glorious coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭scarepanda

Thank you guys! It'll be part of his Christmas present!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

Coming to the end of Ponaire Connoisseur Blend, going to order Mexican Jag. Anyone want to jump in with me and order a KG of Ponaire coffee to avail of free shipping? I’m on south side near Kimmage, could meet up and do Revolut for money.

Edit: $hite it’s out of stock

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Tabby McTat

mad m wrote: »
    Coming to the end of Ponaire Connoisseur Blend, going to order Mexican Jag. Anyone want to jump in with me and order a KG of Ponaire coffee to avail of free shipping? I’m on south side near Kimmage, could meet up and do Revolut for money.

Noooooooo!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭S_D

Hey folks, I'm fairly new to buying my own coffee. Bought a Sage Barista Pro machine & I've bought a few beans which im enjoying . One from Berlin, https://thebarn.de/ & https://rootandbranch.coffee/products/telma-machado-brazil-1kg?pr_prod_strat=copurchase&pr_rec_pid=4586210033749&pr_ref_pid=4586209214549&pr_seq=uniform . Both nice! Im new to this so going on recommendations. I guess what I struggle it is knowing what 'type' of coffee I like and there is literally 1000's of variations! Would like to try something a bit different, I felt both above pretty safe. Anyone got any recommendations ? Thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,042 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

mad m wrote: »

Mexican is out of stock? Ffs.

Tonight is order night. Just into the last bag of the last order now. The Sumatran.

Advertisement