Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freshly roasted coffee beans online

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,348 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Isn't Forsa Gala their espresso blend in the shops? When I worked in the IFSC, it was definitely my preferred coffee over Bear Markt, 3fe, Laine my Love (stupid name), Full circle (don't know if it's still in Jacob's inn) and 7 wonder who were at one point the only place to get some form of okay coffee in the area.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yes, and it's a bit cheaper than a lot of other espresso blends as well.

I'm waiting on 2 bags to be delivered tomorrow, probably should have just went with the 1KG option.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dubstepper

B&D Order slow enough

Ordered on Monday and still not received

They also charge for delivery which seems out of step.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭breeno

dubstepper wrote: »
    They also charge for delivery which seems out of step.

Do they not all charge unless you go over a large quantity? Any roasters you can recommend who do free delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Tabby McTat

Just ordered a 1kg bag of their Fórsa Gála blend from Coffee Angel. Delivered within the hour to Dublin 9. Incredible service!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

ran out of coffee!!

anywhere northside selling decent beans?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

ran out of coffee!!

Driftwood Coffee in Finglas normally have decent roast date Upside or Ristretto, not sure if your close!!

oh great, I'll head there now, it's even within my 5k!!

oh great, I'll head there now, it's even within my 5k!!

Hopefully they dont make a liar of me and have some decent dates!!

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭frink

ran out of coffee!!

Vice on Abbey St have Square Mile amongst others

• Advertisement

How Northside? Driftwood in Finglas have upside. Place in Smithfield also have Square Mile. Bang on the door of 3fe's roastery in Glasnevin or 3fe have a van outside Bernard Shaw in Phibsborough. 2 Boys brew would probably have some decent beans and I think a place across the road uses Full Circle

3fe roastery is closer to me than driftwood

might chance that

Yeah I forgot about 3fe Van, grabbed a bag of beans there last week and it was roasted 3 days previous. Not sure youll have much luck at the roastery?

I had a bag of Ristretto that had been roasted within 3-4 days from Driftwood last time I was there.

There's also Bua on Mobhi Road now, but not sure what beans they use and if they sell them. Bang Bang sell Silverskin coffee too. If you're in Glasnevin/Finglas/Phibsborogh there are some half decent choice not a million miles away.

Kennedy's sell imbibe, but they haven't opened their Phibsborough shop in a few months

I have a spiritual avoidance of BangBang, I'm sorry, I cannot and will not give business to a Bohemians-associated business

I also never frequent Des Kelly's for my carpet needs

Ristretto is not a roaster I'm familiar with

also, I've had an order in with B&D since Monday, and had a fairly snotty reply to a query I sent about

Nice as their coffee is, I won't be ordering from them again.

It costs nothing to be nice to customers asking about a delayed order. Nothing.

Ristretto is not a roaster I'm familiar with

From up North. I hadn't heard of them either, but a boards search a while ago seemed to suggest they were once fairly popular and one of the limited choices on the island for single origins and stuff, a bit of a forerunner so to speak.

I have only tried their burundi, and seem to remember enjoying it black, but I then also got the Coffee Collective Kieni about the same time and enjoyed that one so much that anything else wasn't as good to me.

hehe as I clicked Submit on my last message, guess what arrived.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

hehe as I clicked Submit on my last message, guess what arrived.....

Ordered Wednesday myself and hopefully it will arrive today otherwise gonna be a long weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,659 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Got my order from WCC, ordered a kilo of the Fafa Reis as was lovely the last time I had it and a bag of the Halo Beriti.

Still amazed how they manage to get it from Cork to Dublin the day after roasting when I've had orders from Dublin roasters take several days.

There's a larger volume of stuff to be organised from within dublin before being posted out again tends to be the issue I think.

Same with An Post. I've sent stuff to all ends of the country and had it arrive quicker than things I've posted inside the county

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I’ve a shake in my hand and need to cut out my one cup of coffee for the moment to see if it’s causing it. Does anyone have any recommendations for decaf beans in ireland? Do they exist? I’ve a de longhi bean to cup

• Registered Users Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭scarepanda

I’ve a shake in my hand and need to cut out my one cup of coffee for the moment to see if it’s causing it. Does anyone have any recommendations for decaf beans in ireland? Do they exist? I’ve a de longhi bean to cup

Ponaire have lovely decafe. Mahers coffee in cork also do one that's decent, although the ponaire is the preferred one in this house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭Bigbooty

Bailies doing 20% off and WCC doing 10% off for those interested. Bailies code is HALLOWBEAN and it's untill midnight November 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Imbibe started doing a decaf recently, available in 250g or 1kg quantities. I've never tasted it, but as a rule I really enjoy their stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,495 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Bigbooty wrote: »
    Bailies doing 20% off and WCC doing 10% off for those interested. Bailies code is HALLOWBEAN and it's untill tomorrow morning..

Thanks - at 20% off had to give Bailies a go again - might be the last time before Brexit :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Put in an order for their Rwandan beans myself,

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭KnicksInSix

West Cork Coffee's decaf is a big hit in this house and fairly good value.

• Advertisement

The dreambeans/green bean roasters decaf is very nice too. It's nicer than at least 2 of the caffeinated ones I've tried.

The Cloud Picker decaf, I didn't like.

Advertisement