Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freshly roasted coffee beans online

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,525 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

dubstepper wrote: »
    Badger & Dodo ordered. 1kg Nensebo Refissa + 1kg Bota Fora. That should be me through the Christmas.

The Nensebo Refisa is fantastic, sadly just a recent memory now. I bought just shy of 2kg of coffee from Ponaire, hoping to find a similar coffee, but they're all pretty m'eh. The decaf isn't bad, but I always get a cardboard taste from decaf coffee and it's present in this one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭dubstepper

I bought just shy of 2kg of coffee from Ponaire, hoping to find a similar coffee, but they're all pretty m'eh.

I found the Ponaire Colombian nice. Glad to hear you enjoyed the Refissa!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,084 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I just popped into Ponaire and picked up 500g each of the Sumatran and Burundi and have put them in the freezer. I still have about 750g on hand from my last order but thought I should grab the deal while its there.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

mad m wrote: »
    Bloody no ziplock with Ponaire nor Mahers I think.

Maher's are ziploc

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,578 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Picked up upside Burundi from local cafe on Sunday. I had got through all my Greenbean/Dream beans coffee, I found they all worked best in a french press.

Anyway the upside is quite nice. Also, i've given out about them before, but saw 2 of the Velo Coffee roasters single origin I think in Aldi for 4 quid each and thought I'd try them. Had the indian. Again in a French press, it's more than adequate to quench that coffee need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

Cool my mrs arrived home with a bag of the Indian the other day, will give it a bash in the Aero see what's what with it

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Klopp

I got a bag of Ponaire Colombian and I think it is really nice, once of the nicest Coffees I have had recently and would recommend.

Before I was drinking Brazil - Carmo De Minas from Roasted Brown I also found really nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Maher's are ziploc

Just opened Italian , no ziploc. Took couple of shots to dial in. Lovely coffee

Former boss was from Cork. Went home every other weekend and would bring up a bag of Mahers for us in work to use in the frenchh press.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Ordered Ponaire on Wednesday night about 12 o clock, dispatched before 8am on Thursday and delivered Friday afternoon, nothing wrong with that.

Went for the European blend and a small bag of the Peruvian Single Origin.

• Advertisement

Just opened Italian , no ziploc. Took couple of shots to dial in. Lovely coffee

That's mad, m.

My Italian was in a Ziploc. As is the monstrous vanilla (way too sweet for me) that I got for herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,447 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

carq wrote: »
    Whats the best bang for buck coffee around ?

Can’t beat Nick’s espresso blend at €6 for 250g or €22 for 1kg, with a free coffee, for value IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,648 ✭✭✭Glebee

Just opened Mahers Italien blend as well, its in a zip lock, very smooth cup of coffee. Very nice...

Must try the vanilla, i love sweet black coffee...

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭sidekick

fullstop wrote: »
    Can’t beat Nick’s espresso blend at €6 for 250g or €22 for 1kg, with a free coffee, for value IMO.

Is that Nick’s in Ranelagh?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

That's mad, m.

My Italian was in a Ziploc. As is the monstrous vanilla (way too sweet for me) that I got for herself.

I have the old bags then, yellow sides with black front. Send up the auld coffee to the Dub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Any subscription Black Friday deals likely? Going to get a whole bean one for a sibling

Bailies always do one. Not sure what Brexit will to do that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,447 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

sidekick wrote: »
    Is that Nick’s in Ranelagh?

That’s the one. Same coffee they serve.

I have the old bags then, yellow sides with black front. Send up the auld coffee to the Dub

I'm a Dub sure ;)

Glebee wrote: »
    Just opened Mahers Italien blend as well, its in a zip lock, very smooth cup of coffee. Very nice...

Must try the vanilla, i love sweet black coffee...

It's very sweet. I really don't like sweet hot coffee, so I'm not one to judge it for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭walshtipp

Has anyone tried the Ponaire Christmas blend yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

walshtipp wrote: »

I have it sitting on the shelf.
    Waiting until Dec to open it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

walshtipp wrote: »

Me! I've gone through a 250g bag in two weeks. Make of that what you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭The Haven

Any subscription Black Friday deals likely? Going to get a whole bean one for a sibling

I'm also wondering if there is sub reductions on BF.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭walshtipp

Slattsy wrote: »

I may order some then!

Slattsy wrote: »

What sort flavour profile are you getting from it?

What's it a blend of?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,084 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

cnocbui wrote: »
    I just popped into Ponaire and picked up 500g each of the Sumatran and Burundi and have put them in the freezer. I still have about 750g on hand from my last order but thought I should grab the deal while its there.

I opened the Burundi a couple of days ago. It's rich and dark in the way 85% dark chocolate is, though I'm not saying it tastes of chocolate, but it seems to me it might be over-roasted, but is still perfectly drinkable and flavoursome. The West Cork Burundi is better, though.

Burundi-A-B.jpg

Ponaire Burundi on the right, WC on the left.

Back to Mondo del Café for my next order. Even at the reduced price it's not value for money compared with what I normally get for a lower price. Hope the reduced price Suamatran is better. I think I'll send Ponaire an email with feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

yeah that looks over roasted for an East African coffee

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Lads, was going to order Xmas blend off 3fe because my favourite blend is there.
    Is there a Christmas blend that trumps theirs?

I know it's all about personal taste

• Advertisement

Just trying to figure out if I'm drinking too much coffee. Just the wife and myself (of coffee drinking age) we are averaging about 1/2 kilo a week. Is this sort of what others are using?

Advertisement