Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freshly roasted coffee beans online

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

Was onto dpd today for a separate delivery issue.

They said they are actually redirecting resources to support front line activities which means some planned collections etc are being pushed out.

Hard to argue and honestly might be part of the issue.

Strange times. Will say bell lane do next day with 1-2 day since roast no issue. They have 20% off at the moment too.

My last bell lane order arrived in a taxi!

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭blondeonblonde

Just switched to Cloud picker weekly sub from Bell Lane monthly blend. Holy moly what a difference.

Just brewed up the Kenya Rukira and it was fantastic. Defo going on the list to order again.

I was disappointed with Bell Lane's offerings overall, there's nothing wrong with it as such and it's good value but I found that there was not much on terms of difference between their different blends. There was no excitement in getting a new delivery because the taste was broadly the same.

I had been with Badger and Dodo before that and I thought they were much better and more varied.

Cloud picker has brought it to the next level though! Roll on next week's delivery!

Only downside is that they use Fastway couriers but no issue with delivery yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

Just switched to Cloud picker weekly sub from Bell Lane monthly blend. Holy moly what a difference.

Just brewed up the Kenya Rukira and it was fantastic. Defo going on the list to order again.

I was disappointed with Bell Lane's offerings overall, there's nothing wrong with it as such and it's good value but I found that there was not much on terms of difference between their different blends. There was no excitement in getting a new delivery because the taste was broadly the same.

I had been with Badger and Dodo before that and I thought they were much better and more varied.

Cloud picker has brought it to the next level though! Roll on next week's delivery!

Only downside is that they use Fastway couriers but no issue with delivery yesterday.

Can't argue, range is a bit limited - but if your running low they are top class to deal with and get it to you quick just after roast.

Going to go through mahers collection next.

Might give cloud picker a shot so.

Thanks for the advice

Can't argue, range is a bit limited - but if your running low they are top class to deal with and get it to you quick just after roast.

Going to go through mahers collection next.

Might give cloud picker a shot so.

Thanks for the advice

Yeah there's nothing wrong with them at all. Just not too exciting! Cloud picker is also a fair bit more expensive tbf

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭caviardreams

mad m wrote: »
    My last bell lane order arrived in a taxi!

A lot of taxi drivers have started working for DPD and other couriers, now as there's not much business taxi wise!

• Advertisement

Yeah there's nothing wrong with them at all. Just not too exciting! Cloud picker is also a fair bit more expensive tbf

Have you tried Bell Lane's single origins? They can be really good, though only a few to choose from these days, they used to have more iirc.

Have you tried Bell Lane's single origins? They can be really good, though only a few to choose from these days, they used to have more iirc.

No to be fair, I had a subscription for the blends.

Have to say, the badger and dojo sub is also great value at 180€ for 6 months 1kg sub.

No to be fair, I had a subscription for the blends.

Have to say, the badger and dojo sub is also great value at 180€ for 6 months 1kg sub.

I'm on the B&D single origin 1kg sub myself at the moment - it's great! It's only €156 iirc. Really looking forward to hitting the Brazilian in a couple of days, as I love Brazilian beans (I'm a crowd pleaser what can I say)

Maybe do try the Bell Lane single origins some time in the future - I know what you mean. The blends are a good solid, great value coffee, but if you're a nerd looking for something special you want a bit more. They often do 20% off which makes the blends super value for an "everyday" coffee though at €22/kg ad they are always fresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭mrm

I'm on the B&D single origin 1kg sub myself at the moment - it's great! It's only €156 iirc. Really looking forward to hitting the Brazilian in a couple of days, as I love Brazilian beans (I'm a crowd pleaser what can I say)

Maybe do try the Bell Lane single origins some time in the future - I know what you mean. The blends are a good solid, great value coffee, but if you're a nerd looking for something special you want a bit more. They often do 20% off which makes the blends super value for an "everyday" coffee though at €22/kg ad they are always fresh.

Its really nice! And I'm not the largest fan of Brazilian beans.

Personally i am looking forward to their Ethiopian beans over the coming months, but the recreio are covering me just fine until. It is a great value sub!

mrm wrote: »
    Its really nice! And I'm not the largest fan of Brazilian beans.

Personally i am looking forward to their Ethiopian beans over the coming months, but the recreio are covering me just fine until. It is a great value sub!

I'm actually thinking of a second 1kg single origin monthly sub to go along with it, as I get through close to 2kg a month

6 month 1kg pricing single origin:
    B&D: 156 (unreal price! great quality)
    Cloudpicker - 220
    WCC - 175 (v good price imo - great quality)
    PS - 230
    Anam - 199
    Roasted brown - 280 :eek:
    Bean West - 165 (v good price but never tried them)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭mrm

I'm actually thinking of a second 1kg single origin monthly sub to go along with it, as I get through close to 2kg a month

Cloudpicker - 220
    PS - 230
    Anam - 199

I've tried two of their blends recently, one good (Arabica i think) the other OK. But you should be getting single origin with the sub so should be better....that is also a good price. Thanks for the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Cloudpicker - 220
    PS - 230
    Anam - 199

Just looking for a list like this.....so thanks very much.

Quick question, not seeing a €156 offe on B&D, which one were you recommending?
    https://badgeranddodo.ie/subscriptions/

Just looking for a list like this.....so thanks very much.

Quick question, not seeing a €156 offe on B&D
    https://badgeranddodo.ie/subscriptions/

https://badgeranddodo.ie/shop/1kg-x-6-month-subscription/

It's the single origin whole bean option

• Registered Users Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

https://badgeranddodo.ie/shop/1kg-x-6-month-subscription/

It's the single origin whole bean option

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I've been going to Ponaire as most of you will know for some months now. I'm feeling like a bit of a rebel today and going to go elsewhere. I've landed on either Art of Coffee or Badger and Dodo.

Any thoughts pr recommendations from those two? I'll need about 1kg. Tia.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

B&D would be my pick, and get some of the Nensibo Refissa it's the best coffee I drank in 2020

Their Blackwater Blend is also a very good everyday coffee, and the Fairy Floss is a blend of 2 Ethopian, also worth getting.

If I was buying a kilo I'd stick on a bag of the Indonesian they have there too, because I've never had an Indonesian coffee and I'd trust B&D to sell a good one.

B&D would be my pick, and get some of the Nensibo Refissa it's the best coffee I drank in 2020

Their Blackwater Blend is also a very good everyday coffee, and the Fairy Floss is a blend of 2 Ethopian, also worth getting.

If I was buying a kilo I'd stick on a bag of the Indonesian they have there too, because I've never had an Indonesian coffee and I'd trust B&D to sell a good one.

Thanks for that. I'm just on the B&D site and the Nensebo Refissa was in my cart, so i may get 500kg of that and split the other two. Cheers.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Slattsy wrote: »
    Thanks for that. I'm just on the B&D site and the Nensebo Refissa was in my cart, so i may get 500kg of that and split the other two. Cheers.

good lad, thats what i like to see, no half measures.

the blackwater is fine, i've no problem drinking it, but i think they do nicer.
    pity that los nubarrones is out of stock, i'm pretty sure i've had that from them before and it was nice.

that indonesian does look good.

mossym wrote: »
    good lad, thats what i like to see, no half measures.

the blackwater is fine, i've no problem drinking it, but i think they do nicer.
    pity that los nubarrones is out of stock, i'm pretty sure i've had that from them before and it was nice.

that indonesian does look good.

I keep doing that :o

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

I keep doing that :o

easily done. but i would love to see 500kg arriving in the back of a truck:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,040 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Surely you've had a Sumatran?

The Indonesian coffee that WCC had last year was the best I've ever had. I think of it fondly most days.

Working my way through my Bell Lane atm. Blends are really the business these new-fangled early mornings.

no never had one :)

I'll remedy that this year

Oooof the Fairy Floss is good !!!!

Oooof the Fairy Floss is good !!!!

glad you like it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

So looking for another coffee choice for this week.

Enjoyed ponaire euro blend for most of Jan.

Used to loves RAVES Italian blend - also the fudge wasn't bad at all.

More into nutty and choc - with a good kick as I use them in milk based coffees a lot.

Any suggestions along these lines. Anything round 30ish a kilo delivered.

Bell Lane's Moondust and Black Tie would be a good shout. The Dragonfly is a lighter more "Milk chocolate" vibe if you're looking for one with a bit less body

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Tabby McTat

glad you like it

Just ordered some. Working my way through a 1kg of the Jam Jar blend at the minute which is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭frink

Ordered this sub today. Looking forward to trying new ones and great value at that price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭Bigbooty

Was after something different and manifesto(UK based) have a Chinese single origin washed and natural. Bought both with a Malawian SO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭breeno

Picked up a Barista express recently and have burned through beans dialling it in! Was using Mahers Italian but fancy something different now. Recent likes were Badger and Dodo Colombia, Ponaire Connoisseur and Bell Lane house blend.

Any recommendations for something chocolate and caramel like? Cheap or free delivery always appreciated too!

Advertisement