Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freshly roasted coffee beans online

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

to be expected from a French no? Italian too, I associate with dark roast, bitter and burnt ash flavours

Grand in a stout, not in a coffee for me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,039 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

to be expected from a French no? Italian too, I associate with dark roast, bitter and burnt ash flavours

Grand in a stout, not in a coffee for me :pac:

There's dark and there's burnt.

I was being generous.

Ponaire can handle a dark roast with much more aplomb!

---

I do have a few coffee stouts there now that you mention it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭blondeonblonde

Weepsie wrote: »
    So do i, but the Rioki is so good from my memory that maybe they don't need.

That they don't roast themselves probably plays into that.

I actually just bought a bag of this last week but I'm not so sure about it, it seems very sour/acidic?! I'm using an aeropress and can't seem to get the right balance with it. Tried experimenting with brew time, temperature etc but maybe it's just not my thing. Tried it in a French press today and was a bit better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Nice limited edition tasting box from Wcc - 8 x 100g for €50 is a bit steep though

https://www.westcorkcoffee.ie/shop/roast-brew-limited-edition

Oh wow they have new blends! The Su Beatha looks nice :-)

I see these are a permanent fixture! Really excited they have a filter blend now. Will definitely go for this next after I get through my current mountain and next week's B&S subscription delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

Nice limited edition tasting box from Wcc - 8 x 100g for €50 is a bit steep though

https://www.westcorkcoffee.ie/shop/roast-brew-limited-edition

Saw a tweet, they have 10% off with ROASTANDBREW this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

eeepaulo wrote: »
    Saw a tweet, they have 10% off with ROASTANDBREW this weekend

I've been meaning to give them a try for a while and stocks are depleting. Who do they use for delivery?

I've been meaning to give them a try for a while and stocks are depleting. Who do they use for delivery?

GLS last time I ordered 6 months or so ago

• Registered Users Posts: 7 jeberle23

GLS - just ordered from them last week and order showed up within 2 or 3 days so no complaints!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭mossie

Who do Bell Lane use for delivery? Giving them a go this month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭FCB1899

DPD , I've had mine in two days from them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

mossie wrote: »
    Who do Bell Lane use for delivery? Giving them a go this month.

Always 2 days and roast date with last 5 - they are very good on delivery and roast to be fair.

DpD in a taxi usually.

While sorting through WCCs extensive selection I found the details provided really annoying. It's nice to know the elevation if the farm where the coffee is grown but some idea of what it tastes like should surely be front and centre.

Instead I ordered from Coffee Angel. Ordered Sunday, arrived today. Just tried the Rioki AA from Kenya and I really like it. Free delivery on orders over €20 means I can order regularly and not have beans lying around for too long. The handwritten thank you note is a neat touch.

And delivery with DPD is a definite plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 SilverangelA5

I find myself avoiding WCC because of their delivery through GLS.

I understand everyone is working in a difficult situation at present but I have found their delivery can be very slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,039 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I have never had a problem with WCC GLS and that's with getting deliveries to Dublin and very rural Sligo.

Are you using your Eircode?

I have to say I even had a good fastway experience this week! :eek:

Ordered from Velo Sunday night and arrived this morning - had expected the worst when I saw it was Fastway. Free pen and jelly beans too :D They sent a really nice personal thank you email too.

Love the handwritten note from coffee angel - it's such a small thing but really nice to think of somebody putting the time in and valuing the order. I'm definitely going to try the new Su Beatha from them soon.

I have to say I even had a good fastway experience this week! :eek:

Ordered from Velo Sunday night and arrived this morning - had expected the worst when I saw it was Fastway. Free pen and jelly beans too :D They sent a really nice personal thank you email too.

Love the handwritten note from coffee angel - it's such a small thing but really nice to think of somebody putting the time in and valuing the order. I'm definitely going to try the new Su Beatha from them soon.

The Su Beatha was my other pick. I should get to it next week.

The Su Beatha was my other pick. I should get to it next week.

Great stuff - keep us posted!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 SilverangelA5

I have never had a problem with WCC GLS and that's with getting deliveries to Dublin and very rural Sligo.

Are you using your Eircode?

Yes, using eircode. Perhaps just unlucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

While sorting through WCCs extensive selection I found the details provided really annoying. It's nice to know the elevation if the farm where the coffee is grown but some idea of what it tastes like should surely be front and centre.

Instead I ordered from Coffee Angel. Ordered Sunday, arrived today. Just tried the Rioki AA from Kenya and I really like it. Free delivery on orders over €20 means I can order regularly and not have beans lying around for too long. The handwritten thank you note is a neat touch.

And delivery with DPD is a definite plus.

What would you recommend from coffee angel

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

How are you brewing? For filter Riokii AA is very good.

https://coffeeangel.com/collections/single-origin/products/rioki-aa-kenya

For espresso the Forsa Gala blend is very good

https://coffeeangel.com/collections/blends/products/forsa-gala-espresso?variant=37212670460053&selling_plan=

They have 2 new blends that they have just launched but I haven't tried them yet.

BKWDR wrote: »
    What would you recommend from coffee angel

First time ordering from them but I'd agree that the Rioki AA is very good. I'll report back on the Su Beatha next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

adrian522 wrote: »
    How are you brewing? For filter Riokii AA is very good.

https://coffeeangel.com/collections/single-origin/products/rioki-aa-kenya

For espresso the Forsa Gala blend is very good

https://coffeeangel.com/collections/blends/products/forsa-gala-espresso?variant=37212670460053&selling_plan=

They have 2 new blends that they have just launched but I haven't tried them yet.

espresso , using the sage barista express

Will have a look thanks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

My coffeeangel rioki is running low.

Picked up some Farmhand Ethiopian and Squaremile Red Brick from 2 Pups today. I'd never heard of Farmhand and see they are from my neck of the woods in D15. Free delivery on 2 bags.

The Squaremile is 350g which I didn't realise til I got home, which was a pleasant surprise too. It's super in an aeropress.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Marcus-Aurelius

Farmhand in D15 is a agricultural machine company! :pac: used to be located across from tennis club in Castleknock. Diff Farmhand!

Oops, indeed, they're on Capel Street, which is actually closer to me now I've left the wilds of west dublin for those of north central

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭mossie

Got my first Bell Lane order today, ordered on Monday night all roasted on Monday. Very impressed with speed of processing and delivery.

Art of coffee, Carrick on Shannon doing 25% off for the next week only. Grab it while it's hot. Free shipping on orders over 30. I love their fusion blend, my regular coffee

https://artofcoffee.ie/

Their ethiopian is lovely.

• Advertisement

Weepsie wrote: »
    Their ethiopian is lovely.

Must try it

Advertisement