Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freshly roasted coffee beans online

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

Weepsie wrote: »
    My coffeeangel rioki is running low.

Picked up some Farmhand Ethiopian and Squaremile Red Brick from 2 Pups today. I'd never heard of Farmhand and see they are from my neck of the woods in D15. Free delivery on 2 bags.

The Squaremile is 350g which I didn't realise til I got home, which was a pleasant surprise too. It's super in an aeropress.

How much was coffee in 2 pups

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭batman1

Art of coffee, Carrick on Shannon doing 25% off for the next week only. Grab it while it's hot. Free shipping on orders over 30. I love their fusion blend, my regular coffee

https://artofcoffee.ie/

Maybe a silly question but which option is best for an aeropress from their online list. I'm guessing the 'ground for filter'?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

Their ethiopian is lovely.

Does that only come in 250g?

I was gonna order the 1kg but didn't see the option so went with the fusion blend instead.

batman1 wrote: »
    Maybe a silly question but which option is best for an aeropress from their online list. I'm guessing the 'ground for filter'?

Definitely ground for filter

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Farmhand was 10.50 for 250g , cheaper than getting it direct. Had another for 11 or 12.50

Square mile 12.50 for 350g. Same price as direct, bit cheaper when taking in shipping. Roast date was 3 weeks ago so good not brilliant. They had another for 16.50 I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

ordering a few bags this morning, where's good lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Anyone order off Altitude Coffee in Nth Dublin and any reccomendations?

BKWDR wrote: »
    Anyone order off Altitude Coffee in Nth Dublin and any reccomendations?

the prices there are making me nervous

• Registered Users Posts: 19,039 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Art of coffee, Carrick on Shannon doing 25% off for the next week only. Grab it while it's hot. Free shipping on orders over 30. I love their fusion blend, my regular coffee

https://artofcoffee.ie/

They had been on the list as my next hit but herself jumped the gun and got stuff from Maher's last week as she needed some of their Rooibos which she swears by. And to her credit it's certainly the most flavoursome and aromatic I've come across, albeit from a small sample in my end.

Their French blend has me burned though. It's truly woeful. Had to jump into their Italian I got before the French was finished. Unheard of in this house.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

ordering a few bags this morning, where's good lately?

Enjoying my Art of Coffee coffee, the Nina (blend) is very good. Really strong which adore, a great morning brew.

• Advertisement

The Ethiopian and El Salvador (I think) were nice. I didn't much like the Papua New Guinea. I'm going to place an order in a few days and freeze stuff I guess and be sorted for a few weeks

The Ethiopian and El Salvador (I think) were nice. I didn't much like the Papua New Guinea. I'm going to place an order in a few days and freeze stuff I guess and be sorted for a few weeks

They are actually the three other bags i got!! Yet to open the Ethiopian, but yes the PNG was a bit dull.

I'm going to try the indian and indonesian and one of the blends. I got my scale from them too. They use fastway, but I've got everything within 3 days. They offer a paid DPD option too

• Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭fits

I just ordered some of the fusion blend too. Thanks for heads up.

I'm going to try the indian and indonesian and one of the blends. I got my scale from them too. They use fastway, but I've got everything within 3 days. They offer a paid DPD option too

I paid the extra 10 bucks for DPD as i ordered on Friday and they assured me I'd have it on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Slattsy wrote: »
    They are actually the three other bags i got!! Yet to open the Ethiopian, but yes the PNG was a bit dull.

Thanks for that - had been looking at the PNG. The 25% off is a great deal - dies it end tomorrow or Sunday does anyone know?

Thanks for that - had been looking at the PNG. The 25% off is a great deal - dies it end tomorrow or Sunday does anyone know?

Ends 2nd march

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

Ordered from AOC last night. Dispatched today

Went on an AOC splurge there myself after the "burning" from Maher's.

Load of Valrhona to get ot to 30quid!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Went on an AOC splurge there myself after the "burning" from Maher's.

Load of Valrhona to get ot to 30quid!

Good choice!! :D:D Mocha time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

Has anyone tried the 2 new blends at Coffee Angel?

Any feedback?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭megaten

Any feedback?

Nope but plan on ordering them next week. Forgot that of course you have way less visitors at Christmas just past so I'm still working my way through all my xmas coffee!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Marcus-Aurelius

Any feedback?

Pog Mihilis is rather nice in both aeropress and clever dripper. However, I prefer the El Mirador. Just personal preference, but id defo recommend the PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Pog Mihilis is rather nice in both aeropress and clever dripper. However, I prefer the El Mirador. Just personal preference, but id defo recommend the PM.

I've tried the sú beatha, very nice, smooth enough.
    Ordered and delivered the next morning, hand written note, nice touch

• Registered Users Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭dmc17

Put in an order with Bailies this week. Ordered Wednesday, shipped Thursday and delivered by DPD on Friday :) Tried these ones:
    • Honduras La Florencia Single Origin
    • Mexico El Recuerdo Microlot
    • Ethiopia Buku Hambela Microlot
    • Honduras El Rodeo Microlot

Started with the Mexican this morning, brewed in a filter machine and it's very nice.

got the following three

Cloudpicker Chirinos, Peruvian

picked that up in a local producers market this morning, just put it through a clever. It's very nice, has that sort of fruit juice sharpness, but backed up with a lovely creamy chocolate mouthfeel. Not had a Peruvian before, but on this basis I'll be back for more. Roast Date 19/2

Got a couple from 3FE

Equinox Blend
    Erhopia - Guji Uraga

haven't opened them yet, the date on them is 26/2 so will get through the Cloudpicker and the Aldi Nicaruguan I got first

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

Big fan of imbibe.ie for my coffee. They do a monthly coffee club, usually of competition standard, which is worth keeping an eye on.

They’ve also donated back to some of the communities the coffee comes from, including building a bridge for the kids to get to school, which is pretty sound!

Helps that their regular blends are pretty yum too.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭FCB1899

Bell Lane have 20% off today, no code required

FCB1899 wrote: »
    Bell Lane have 20% off today, no code required

Out of my last lot from them only the Black Tie stood out in any sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

Out of my last lot from them only the Black Tie stood out in any sense.

I presume you only after dark roast , not following any modern trends?

Advertisement