Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freshly roasted coffee beans online

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,039 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I'm after nice blends these days with my early mornings. Single origin love-ins are more a summer thing. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

I'm after nice blends these days with my early mornings. Single origin love-ins are more a summer thing. :)

look at the cloud picker peruvian I posted the other day, it's like a blend

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭KnicksInSix

I was in Cork last week and picked up some Stone Valley Roasters beans for the first time. I enjoyed all three through the aeropress but they really shine in Clever Dripper . Really wish I had a place like that local to me to pop in for a coffee and some beans. I had been stalling from ordering online from them because of the shipping (typical) but I wouldn't hesitate now. Does anyone have a sub with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭S_D

Anyone got some good recommendations ? I mainly drink flat whites and I know Brazil typically suits that from what a few roasters have told me.

Have tried:
    Brazil Roasted brown
    Roots and branch telma
    2 fifty square Brazil
    Bell lane dragonfly

• Registered Users Posts: 19,039 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

look at the cloud picker peruvian I posted the other day, it's like a blend

Will do when this batch is gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

Received AOC today. One 250g roasted on 11/2. Others last week...happy out

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Marcus-Aurelius

Morning Americano, Rwandan Huye Moutain.
    19gs in, 38gs out in 32 seconds @92c.
    Glorious coffee from the Barn in Berlin.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ting_tang

S_D wrote: »
    Anyone got some good recommendations ? I mainly drink flat whites and I know Brazil typically suits that from what a few roasters have told me.

Have tried:
    Brazil Roasted brown
    Roots and branch telma
    2 fifty square Brazil
    Bell lane dragonfly

Bailies's blends are good. I'm enjoying Nota at the moment.
    Maher's Kenya AA and Kenya peaberry(out of stock at the moment) are nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭breeno

Morning Americano, Rwandan Huye Moutain.
    19gs in, 38gs out in 32 seconds @92c.
    Glorious coffee from the Barn in Berlin.

Looks good! Out of interest, how much water do you add to the 38g of coffee?

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

As a matter of interest, which lelit do you have?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Was on the AOC bandwagon too. Ordered Friday delivered today, earliest roast date 23/2

Tis an 8oz keepcup, so probs about 200ml of water added to that this am.
    Its a Lelit Bianca that I have. Purchased from Bella Barista before Christmas. Top quality service
    Was out of stock from Electros at the time, so purchased from Claudette and team and cannot fault them.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

Great looking machine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

That's not a coffee machine its a work of art.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Tis an 8oz keepcup, so probs about 200ml of water added to that this am.
    Its a Lelit Bianca that I have. Purchased from Bella Barista before Christmas. Top quality service
    Was out of stock from Electros at the time, so purchased from Claudette and team and cannot fault them.

Loveley machine. I can't help a feeling that there might be some connection between Lelit and Quickmill. https://www.quickmill.it/en/products/group-e61/

You are the only other person I have seen mention getting coffee from a supplier on the continent. What are your recommends from the Barn and how are they to deal with? My current order I got from a roaster in the Black Forrest and the Indian Pearl Mountain is so nice I'm not sure I want to try anything else. I got 2 Kg of it and might just go back to them for another 2 or 3 kg when I'm running low.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Joe's in Arnotts sell the Barn coffee. I've a feeling Meet Me in the Morning/Reference do too sometimes, but they're forever bringing in different coffess.

I do enjoy a Joe's when in Arnotts, exactly the reason why I purchased a 6 month sub with The Barn.
    They are grand to deal with, follow up email and all done through a login and user portal. No complaints!

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭S_D

ting_tang wrote: »
    Bailies's blends are good. I'm enjoying Nota at the moment.
    Maher's Kenya AA and Kenya peaberry(out of stock at the moment) are nice.

Bought the Bailies, look forward to trying, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Just an update on the Su Beatha from Coffee Angel. It's a decent everyday coffee, nothing too exciting. I was very happy with the Rioki AA so I'll order from them again this week and try something else.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I've bought the Pog Milis from Coffee Angel recently. Haven't opened it yet, it was only roasted on March 1st so I'll give it a few days before brewing it in the V60.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Just an update on the Su Beatha from Coffee Angel. It's a decent everyday coffee, nothing too exciting. I was very happy with the Rioki AA so I'll order from them again this week and try something else.

Thanks - will definitely give it a whirl in the next few months. With so many discount codes / offers flying round at times and new roasters, it's hard to fit everyone in, especially as I have a B&D monthly sub too.

The 1kg bag is a decent price point with them though especially with free (and fast) delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

I just ordered some more Forsa Gala along with a 250g bag of Su Beatha from coffee angel.

My sage barista express was acting up last week but thankfully seems to have fixed itself.

How much coffee are you guys drinking? I tend to have 2 americanos per day and a 1kg bag lasts about 1 month.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I would have 3 mugs a day usually at about 21g per mug (clever dripper), so would get through close to 2kg a month :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

I do 18/300 in the clever, or 15/250 in the aero, two or three coffees every day, so just over a kilo a month, I have three or four bags on the go at a time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Use 60g per day, two v60 brews at 30/500, close to 2kg per month for me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

I'm usually 30/450 in a clever dripper, just one a day so a 250g bag lasts 8 days. Coffee Angel free delivery suits me to buy two bags every fortnight roughly.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭KnicksInSix

The Póg Mhilis makes great ready to drink or concentrate cold brew if anyone is looking for suitable beans. Subtley fruity.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

4 9g espressos a day so just over a kilo a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭deandean

2 to 3 muggacinos / americanos each weekday. I go through a kilo every 4 weeks. I buy 3 kilos at a time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

AM - Filter (18g/300g)
    AM - Cappuccino (sometimes, not every day) (16g/~150g)
    AM - Espresso(16g/32g)
    PM - Espresso(16g/32g)

I generally have 2 beans on the go at a time, one for filter, one for espresso. I probably go through 1 kilo or so per month

Advertisement