Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freshly roasted coffee beans online

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Really disappointing to see the serious price hike on the B&D subscription - that's what I get for starting the chat thread on it!

Will be moving elsewhere when mine is up in June. I posted a list of various subs a while back so will have to dig out the post
    Edit: here it is! https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116118548&postcount=1392

mad m wrote: »
    What Burr setting do you have plus how many grams of a shot do you pull, time?

17g in 44g out after 25 seconds although I usually extract longer 30secs for Americano. Sage grinder pro on grind setting 8

https://photos.app.goo.gl/D4JNPXgwLAyNtGjp8

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Looking good...thanks for that. I’m assuming you never adjusted the internal burr since you got machine?

Looking good...thanks for that. I’m assuming you never adjusted the internal burr since you got machine?

No I've never needed to I have 2 years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

Just ordered from these guys, on a recommendation from a friend

PS Roasters

I grabbed a Mexican as this is what the person who recommended them to me was drinking (a different bean), a Peruvian because the last Peruvian I had was nice, and an Ethopian.

Free delivery for 3+ bags

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,568 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I've just finished my first bag from Moye (Impact coffee people). Ethiopian. Really enjoyed it as a filter until I had too much one day. Means all my art of coffee beans are in the freezer though

Oh you got the Moyee? Nice one

How many bags did you get?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,568 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

4 I think. They were given to me actually. So I'll give them some business down the line. I see they do a referral scheme too.

oh that's cool

I did like the Dark Roast one, when it's way out of my wheelhouse normally.

I think the double blend was my favourite

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭thebackbar

i recently started drinking "Colombia La Union" from badger and dodo, i really like it, is there any other similar beans to it that people would recommend ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Ponaire kindly sent me a code for a fiver off (free delivery in practice) so I ordered a Colombian, Nicaraguan and Peruvian at 2am yesterday. It's being delivered this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

What's the general consensus on 3fe?

I'm back on an Aeropress kick (after months of moka pots using Lavazza from the supermarket) so figure I should treat myself. 3fe came to mind from their beer collab with Whiplash. I've poked around some other roasters (Badger & Dodo, West Cork Coffee...) but 3fe seem to be the most competitively priced. Plus, their €20 free shipping threshold is the most achievable for me.

Pen Rua wrote: »
    I hadn't had 3fe in a couple of years, but in Feb I just said feck it and ordered 2 bags from them, one Eqionox blend and one Ethopian bean.

I was pleasantly surprised, really enjoyed it, so would recommend

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Pen Rua wrote: »

I'm back on an Aeropress kick (after months of moka pots using Lavazza from the supermarket) so figure I should treat myself. 3fe came to mind from their beer collab with Whiplash. I've poked around some other roasters (Badger & Dodo, West Cork Coffee...) but 3fe seem to be the most competitively priced. Plus, their €20 free shipping threshold is the most achievable for me.

What were you doing using lavazza in a Moka pot? Heathen!

---

Did another art of coffee order yesterday. 500g of Smooth, 250g of Nina and because the coffee has been so so good, decided to give their ice Ice baby and Irish breakfast tea a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭Bigbooty

Got a few coffees from wild heart recently. They gave me some Burundi coffee for free which was nice of them.

Guji Hadeso Ethiopia was really lovely. Really pronounced jasmine tea notes. You can't really go wrong with Ethiopian washed coffee.
    Burundi Izubi Natural - only really worked on the clever dripper and I couldn't get anything out it on pour over. I got it for free so I can't complain. It's a bit flat for a Burundian coffee tbh.
    180hr Anaerobic fermented pink borboun(Colombia) was perhaps my personal favourite. I personally love that contrast with sour/sweetness with acidity and a little spice.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Ponaire kindly sent me a code for a fiver off (free delivery in practice) so I ordered a Colombian, Nicaraguan and Peruvian at 2am yesterday. It's being delivered this morning.

I also have that coupon. I think I ordered the Connoisseur, European and Mexican Jag a while back. Toying with ordering the Mexican lion boy

I also have that coupon. I think I ordered the Connoisseur, European and Mexican Jag a while back. Toying with ordering the Mexican lion boy

I debated ordering the Lion Boy. Maybe next time. You should order it in the interest of research for the thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Iv tried a few of the Mexican beans from different roasters and I'm never particularly impressed, especially given they are usually more expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

Same here , got Colombian.
    Beans were very fresh . Dark roast . Nothing special apart from freshness.
    You’ll get very same bean at M&S ,similar roast profile too ( M&S used to have medium roast for this bean , I did like it a lot , not anymore though)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

I debated ordering the Lion Boy. Maybe next time. You should order it in the interest of research for the thread :)

I ordered the Conneusieur, Bob o Link and Mexican Lion Boy, arrived on Thursday.
    The Mexican is quite nice. The only problem is it has me singing that stupid Mumford and Sons song at 8am in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

cee_jay wrote: »
    I ordered the Conneusieur, Bob o Link and Mexican Lion Boy, arrived on Thursday.
    The Mexican is quite nice. The only problem is it has me singing that stupid Mumford and Sons song at 8am in the morning.

Conneusieur was nice.

Anyone tried Chinese coffee? See Cloudpicker have their first Chinese bean atm: https://cloudpickercoffee.ie/collections/filter/products/china-banka-natural?variant=39466163470485

bloke I know in the UK was raving about one the other week.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭KnicksInSix

I just bought a second box of the Banka Natural from Cloudpicker, it's a beautiful coffee packed with incredible strawberry and floral tea kind of notes.

I drank a lot of local coffee in Yunnan, good stuff. I'll have to pick up some of this.

Anyone tried Chinese coffee? See Cloudpicker have their first Chinese bean atm: https://cloudpickercoffee.ie/collections/filter/products/china-banka-natural?variant=39466163470485

Yup, I bought banka natural and washed from manifesto in Edinburgh. Really enjoyed both but I preferred the natural one as it was more unique. Interesting comparing both.

The washed was quite sweet(plum) with delicate notes of black tea while the natural was chocolate and really big hit of red wine. Would be keen try it again so I'll grab another one from cloudpicker this week.

Bell Lane have been counting down to this launch tomorrow - https://www.instagram.com/p/CM_eaqsgpAp/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

I really don't know enough about processing to understand this but sounds like a big deal form the marketing anyway!

Way too many good coffee roasters these days - need to up my consumption :p:p

Got some of that Diego burmedez coffee myself. Hopefully it lives up to the hype. I love experimentally processed coffee and I was looking to order it after hearing good things.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Any decent offers anywhere at the moment? Down to my last 250g bag so need to stock up...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭breeno

Got an order from Ariosa this morning. Ordered Sunday evening so a good turnaround. Free delivery over 25 quid is good too.

Went for their house espresso blend as well as "Cabin Fever" and "Perfect Everyday". One was roasted on 29/03 and the others 23/03 so nice and fresh.

Tried the perfect everyday and it's a nice medium everyday coffee as described.

Advertisement