Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freshly roasted coffee beans online

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Danger781 wrote: »
    Any decent offers anywhere at the moment? Down to my last 250g bag so need to stock up...

Bean west have an easter selection with free delivery over €25 with Free25 code:
    https://www.beanwestcoffee.com/store/p55/easterselection.html

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Seems to be the exact same price as buying the beans seperately, i.e no discount on that "Easter Selection Box". Also spelling Colombia with a 'U' :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Bean west have an easter selection with free delivery over €25 with Free25 code:
    https://www.beanwestcoffee.com/store/p55/easterselection.html

Another Irish roaster with pricing so great I can't help looking elsewhere and finding more for less.

adrian522 wrote: »
    Seems to be the exact same price as buying the beans seperately, i.e no discount on that "Easter Selection Box". Also spelling Colombia with a 'U' :(

Sorry just saw it on insta and presumed it was a special!

Found a couple of new to me places

Bad Habits (Naas) https://badhabitscoffee.ie/shop/

Pine Cone (Baker's corner - Dublin I think!) https://pineconecoffee.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

That Trio selection for 30 quid at Pinecone look a good deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭Bigbooty

Roasted yesterday, delivered today. That's some turn around from bell lane. Unless they have a secret roastery in the DPD depot.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭colhickey

Couple of new-ish roasters that I have come across and keep going back to:

Tra Coffee Roasters (Tramore)
    Blue Butterfly (Waterford)

Bit partial to the Tra Colombian myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭fits

colhickey wrote: »
    Couple of new-ish roasters that I have come across and keep going back to:

Tra Coffee Roasters (Tramore)
    Blue Butterfly (Waterford)

Bit partial to the Tra Colombian myself.

We have tried both as well and liked them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Blue Butterfly don't roast their own coffee though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,035 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Got my latest delivery from AOC this morning.

2*250g of the Smooth blend and one bag of Nina. got some Irish Breakfast tea an their Ice Ice Baby fruit tea while I was at it.

Also grabbed their last bar of Valrhona White chocolate. It's a glorious thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

10% off the Congolese beans at WCC:
    https://westcorkcoffee.ie/shop/congo

10% code: BH10

Valid until 23:59 Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

Have to say, trying a few different coffees recently and some have come out weak in Cappucinos etc.

Based on bean density (Going on what google says, higher density = lighter roast), seems i have had some light roasts. Maybe I should have played more with the temp changes etc.

Would really love if sites would give some more info on their products, roast, intensity, recommendations for brew etc.

Finding myself going back to tried and tested rather than trying new now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭deandean

Not online I know, but worth mentioning:
    I have a card for Musgraves (big wholesale cash 'n carry). I called into their Ballymun store.
    They have about 10 to 15 types of beans, all at very good prices. e.g. starting from €10/kg. But more commercial then a lot of the more exotic offerings we usually talk about here.
    I bought the following:
    1kg South Coast Coffee Rebel Espresso Blend.
    1kg Douwe Egberts Barista Editions Rich Espresso.
    1kg Eduscho Espresso.
    I can't remember the exact prices, but IIRC they were all in the €10-€15 range.
    I'll be using these for Cappucinos & Americanos. I look forward to trying them!

deandean wrote: »
    Not online I know, but worth mentioning:
    I have a card for Musgraves (big wholesale cash 'n carry). I called into their Ballymun store.
    They have about 10 to 15 types of beans, all at very good prices. e.g. starting from €10/kg. But more commercial then a lot of the more exotic offerings we usually talk about here.
    I bought the following:
    1kg South Coast Coffee Rebel Espresso Blend.
    1kg Douwe Egberts Barista Editions Rich Espresso.
    1kg Eduscho Espresso.
    I can't remember the exact prices, but IIRC they were all in the €10-€15 range.
    I'll be using these for Cappucinos & Americanos. I look forward to trying them!

Freshly roasted with a roasted on date?

There's a big difference between freshly roasted and commercial supermarket coffee. Very few here are looking for cheaper coffee, myself I pay €28 per kilo for my regular but it's roasted the day I order it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭deandean

Freshly roasted with a roasted on date?
    Good point sir.
    Batch numbers, but no specific roasting dates.
    Best-before dates only: March 2022, Aug 2021, March 2022.
    I'll get me coat ðŸ˜
    But I'll be interested to see if there is much of a difference against my recent fresh online purchases from McCabes, Ponaire, and Ariosa.

deandean wrote: »
    Good point sir.
    Batch numbers, but no specific roasting dates.
    Best-before dates only: March 2022, Aug 2021, March 2022.
    I'll get me coat ðŸ˜

No stick about, there are plenty of good deals on great freshly roasted coffee posted here, sometimes 25-50% off. I used supermarket coffee and progressed to better coffee's as my coffee machines got better!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

I'd imagine you are looking at 1 year bbe so possibly batches roasted in March thia year so that's not too bad

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,336 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

The douwe egbert's stuff is the type of stuff that is sold to offices etc with bean to cup machines at stupid markups.

The south coast roasters stuff is 12 quid direct from them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭Bigbooty

If you're buying cheap nestle coffee (Douie Egberts) it's coming from slave plantations. Wouldn't go near it.

• Advertisement

Any recommendations for beans that make a really strong espresso for Americanos.

Finding when I go from the filter to espresso base they are weak???

Any other tips?

Ordered from Bean West on Thurs morning, arrived Friday morning - roasted on the Thursday. Will be another week before I hit it as it's too soon at that speed!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

Ordered from Bean West on Thurs morning, arrived Friday morning - roasted on the Thursday. Will be another week before I hit it as it's too soon at that speed!

What did you get?

My sage pro developed a fault. Shipped back to Germany for fix. I’d bought a KG of B&D blackwater blend, not getting great results from aeropress or V60 from it. Much better as espresso but need the daily fix.:)

Hopefully next week will have machine back, actually might dust off the old gaggia

mad m wrote: »
    What did you get?

My sage pro developed a fault. Shipped back to Germany for fix. I’d bought a KG of B&D blackwater blend, not getting great results from aeropress or V60 from it. Much better as espresso but need the daily fix.:)

Hopefully next week will have machine back, actually might dust off the old gaggia

The Tanzanian bean - €30 per kg and free delivery. Excellent price imo. Will probably leave it 7 days before trying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Tabby McTat

What are people as espresso at the minute. Just finished a few kgs of Fazenda Bela Vista from WCC which was lovely but is no longer available.

I see they have a new Colombian bean in Coffee Angel https://coffeeangel.com/collections/coffee/products/pueblo-nuevo-colombia?variant=39694292615317

And a really nice "signature blend" bundle with 3 x 100g of their different blends - great idea and excellent price for a selection pack:
    https://coffeeangel.com/collections/coffee/products/signature-blend-bundle?variant=39693322584213&selling_plan=

What are people as espresso at the minute. Just finished a few kgs of Fazenda Bela Vista from WCC which was lovely but is no longer available.

I haven't been on espresso in 6 months or so but loved the WCC Brazil - Fazenda Sertão this time last year and I see they have it back again!

Cloudpicker tried for a bit.

Had 2 blends. Sam and Henry.

Sam was tough to dial in (Barrista express), nice espresso but inconsistent, slightly unusual flavour in milk based.

Henry ran well, nice to drink, works well with milk.

Handy if your within 5km of Crumlin and are bothered you can collect from roastery. Roast dates within previous few days.

11% off WCC tonight
    Sunday11

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Been mainly using Cloudpicker SAM and Coffeeangel Forsa Gala for espresso recently, both really good value and make excellent everyday espresso.

SAM is €28 per kilo I think, Forsa Gala is €30, but €27 if you do it via a monthly subscription.

Other value option is bailies Brazil Sao Silvestre, £21 per kilo.

Advertisement