Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freshly roasted coffee beans online

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 TheCKid

colly10 wrote: »
    Found the same, everyone likes something different but found it dull.
    Liked their Ethiopia Yirgacheffe, Uganda Bukhanakwa and Brazil Eagle Monte Carmelo the best of what i’ve tried from them so far

Yeah, exactly, it's just personal preference. I enjoyed their Yirgacheffe and their Colombian Dulima. Also Velo definitely one of the best roasters to buy from in terms of customer service, always been impressed with any dealings I've had with them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,336 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

You mean the Tandem, I have a bag of that on the go at the moment (wholebean) and think it's grand.

Yup. I binned mine. Just didn't like to.

Anyway,.bought some bailies over the weekend. been a while but I really like their decaf. Passing coffee angel today I got some of their decaf, knowing it's roasted by bailies.

It's the exact same bean, now I might try and see which of their beans match bailies.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭caviardreams

10% off bean west until tomorrow with Thankyou1

Free shipping over €25 too - so a lot of options for 1kg bags at €27 delivered. Great value. I ordered a couple of weeks back and it was roasted and shipped that day and arrived the next day.

The Tanzanian is a really nice strong dark coffee if that's what you are into - just ordered the Honduran and the Panama.

Weepsie wrote: »
    Yup. I binned mine. Just didn't like to.

Anyway,.bought some bailies over the weekend. been a while but I really like their decaf. Passing coffee angel today I got some of their decaf, knowing it's roasted by bailies.

It's the exact same bean, now I might try and see which of their beans match bailies.

Good to know! Still trying to find a nice decaf - didn't like coffee angel's tbh. I know I am probably looking for the holy grail :D

Good to know! Still trying to find a nice decaf - didn't like coffee angel's tbh. I know I am probably looking for the holy grail :D

Didn't like it myself in aeropress, moka or v60 but I did like as an espresso or americano

• Advertisement

Didn't like it myself in aeropress, moka or v60 but I did like as an espresso or americano

I've a feeling that's the problem maybe - I'm using a clever dripper so it's possibly not helping the decaf profiles!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

10% off bean west until tomorrow with Thankyou1

Free shipping over €25 too - so a lot of options for 1kg bags at €27 delivered. Great value. I ordered a couple of weeks back and it was roasted and shipped that day and arrived the next day.

The Tanzanian is a really nice strong dark coffee if that's what you are into - just ordered the Honduran and the Panama.

Missing a zero there Cav.... Thankyou10

Toying with ordering the Mexican bean

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Thanks for the beanwest code.
    Ordered Tuesday arrived today roast date 27th. Got the Honduras and Tanzanian looking forward to trying them
    Nice touch with the handwritten thank you note

8th corner coffee is a new one to me - haven't tried them!
    Round house blend looks interesting: https://8thcc.ie/product/roundhouse-blend-250g-beans-copy/

https://8thcc.ie/shop/

Something in the air today as I noticed creed coffee roasters on Pearse street today myself. No idea how long they've been there though, originally from Kildare I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,796 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Has anyone tried the good bean coffee based in Laois? Came across them by accident in my local shop and find their stuff realllyyy good. Poxy luck that my now fav coffee is available in my local shop. www.goodbeancoffee.ie

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the good bean coffee based in Laois? Came across them by accident in my local shop and find their stuff realllyyy good. Poxy luck that my now fav coffee is available in my local shop. www.goodbeancoffee.ie

Totally new to me but they look very interesting! I have to say, some of the Irish roasters need to do a bit more marketing etc. as I'm always searching online for new roasters and never found them before.

The guatamalan looks nice - anything in particular you would recommend?

Something in the air today as I noticed creed coffee roasters on Pearse street today myself. No idea how long they've been there though, originally from Kildare I think

Looks recent - February maybe? https://lovindublin.com/dublin/kildare-favourite-creed-coffee-roasters-confirms-exciting-news-about-new-dublin-cafe

Which end of pearse st is it (it's a long street :D:D) must try it out if I'm in town ever again in my life :pac:

Looks recent - February maybe? https://lovindublin.com/dublin/kildare-favourite-creed-coffee-roasters-confirms-exciting-news-about-new-dublin-cafe

Which end of pearse st is it (it's a long street :D:D) must try it out if I'm in town ever again in my life :pac:

Explains something, but I've been going into work once a week there all year.

It's across the road from the library before the Pádraig Pearse pub.

That's 3fe, Cloudpicker, and these within 5 mins of work. Another place stocks Bailies and I pass a coffee angel on my cycle in or out.

Totally new to me but they look very interesting! I have to say, some of the Irish roasters need to do a bit more marketing etc. as I'm always searching online for new roasters and never found them before.

The guatamalan looks nice - anything in particular you would recommend?

My fav so far is arawyns dream but all of them are good so you can’t go wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

there has to be a catch here

7.49 for 230g of Ethiopian Limu is very cheap

and free shipping for 2 bags, so under 15 quid for 2 bags of single origin, shipped, is probably the best value coffee in the country.

I'm tempted to just buy 2, the Ethiopian and the Guatemala - are there roast dates?

Sadly my cardiologist's orders after developing Premature Ventricular Contractions mean I've had to kick my coffee habit in to touch except for the occasional naughty brew.
    Like you I've yet to find a good decaff.

The good bean do a decaf bean too :)

there has to be a catch here

7.49 for 230g of Ethiopian Limu is very cheap

and free shipping for 2 bags, so under 15 quid for 2 bags of single origin, shipped, is probably the best value coffee in the country.

I'm tempted to just buy 2, the Ethiopian and the Guatemala - are there roast dates?

Couldn’t tell ya. They’re new enough so maybe trying to be competitive with pricing to get customers on board. I’ve no idea

feck it, I've ordered the 2

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

When I lived in London I got in the habit of buying my beans from the Algerian Coffee Stores in Soho.
    Their Mocha Parfait blend is magnificent.
    Rich,deep with a hint of chocolate.
    They deliver to Ireland from their online shop.

I used to get coffee there years ago. They don't deliver to Ireland any more though. Brexit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭sioda

Same here even though had just got a kilo of Bob o link from Anam ordered this morning

inkaseof wrote: »
    British companies cannot ship products made outside of Britain into Europe. I used to get all my coffee from Amazon but that's no longer an option.

I've bought non British made stuff from Britain since Brexit. There's a rake load of paperwork, just loads probably saw they don't have that big a customer base outside the uk to make it worthwhile.

10% of the new bean at WCC until BH Monday

https://westcorkcoffee.ie/shop/uga

* New *

10% code: Lakes
    ... until BH Monday 23:59

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

inkaseof wrote: »
    British companies cannot ship products made outside of Britain into Europe. I used to get all my coffee from Amazon but that's no longer an option.

That's an over simplification but many companies, like this one, have decided it's not worth the hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭sioda

And arrived first thing this morning with a small fudge bar 😁. Brazilian roasted on the 28th of April and Guatemalan roasted end of March.

this was Weds night, and they've arrived today via An Post standard post. Pretty much next day given they were probably closed by half nine wednesday night.

There are roast dates, Ethiopian is 12/04 and the Guatemala is 27/03 which is a bit disappointing, but for the price not bad.

oh yeah I got the fudge bar too, haha

Good Velo coffee offer

On all orders €30.00 or more you can try a complimentary bag of our coffee of the month from now until Monday!
    All you need to do is add a bag of Uganda to your cart and use the code 'MAYDAYCOFFEE' at check out to try yours today!

How do yee rate the good bean coffee?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

How do yee rate the good bean coffee?

I got their in house espresso blend, it’s actually nice, good crema. Roasted on 27 April, day after I ordered it. Got the Guatemalan blend also, roasted on the 24th of April

Advertisement