Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freshly roasted coffee beans online

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

Good Velo coffee offer

On all orders €30.00 or more you can try a complimentary bag of our coffee of the month from now until Monday!
    All you need to do is add a bag of Uganda to your cart and use the code 'MAYDAYCOFFEE' at check out to try yours today!

Their Uganda coffee is a good one too 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    How do yee rate the good bean coffee?

just had the Guatemala in a FP 55/800 and it's pretty nice, lovely dark chocolate bitterness from it

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Craig_David

has anyone tried FreshGround coffee?
    I usually just go for the Spiller and Tait on Amazon but fancy trying something different
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08T1DVJJQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_DK6YS63MDA6YKANN5GZD?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Would like to try some of the Irish options talked about here but such a vast difference in price, can't really justify it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭caviardreams

10% off coffee at Velo today: May10

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,336 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

has anyone tried FreshGround coffee?
    I usually just go for the Spiller and Tait on Amazon but fancy trying something different
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08T1DVJJQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_DK6YS63MDA6YKANN5GZD?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Would like to try some of the Irish options talked about here but such a vast difference in price, can't really justify it.

They're another one of these long established corporate machine and bean suppliers who are now trying something else as their core business is working from home now.

Buy low, sell somewhere in the middle. I'd pay more for less, knowing it's good quality from some of the suggesstions on here.

I've never had what I'd call good coffee from one of those office suppliers. Drinkable, and caffeine hit yes, but enjoyable no.

• Advertisement

yeah, on that - at the start of the pandemic I took a couple of 2kg bags from the office home with me, I regretted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

sioda wrote: »
    And arrived first thing this morning with a small fudge bar ��. Brazilian roasted on the 28th of April and Guatemalan roasted end of March.
    I got a Hershey's bar.

Finished off my AOC smooth this morning so I'll crack into this tomorrow.

Roast dates are the end of last week! Very impressive!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,796 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

I got a Hershey's bar.

Finished off my AOC smooth this morning so I'll crack into this tomorrow.

Roast dates are the end of last week! Very impressive!

Let me know what you think

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,336 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Hershey's is dastardly.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dubstepper

I'm finishing my Art Of Coffee lounge blend. Fairly impressed. Have reordered but trying some of their other options.

Anybody tried Warbler & Wren? My friend says they get it in work and it is nice. I have google it and while they seem Irish they might only distribute via some wholesalers?

• Advertisement

My old workplace used to have Cloudpicker in one of the outlets in the building, but they changed to W&W, and the quality of the coffee shot down.

I'm fairly sure it's a white label coffee with some sleek branding

Edit

Yeah look here

https://findlaterandco.com/coffee/

same place as Lavazza and Robt Roberts

I'd personally avoid as I prefer supporting actual indie roasters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

Will be heading to cloudpicker for a trip today - pick up a bag of something, tried HENRY and SAM so will see what else they have

Handy having their roastery up the road.

if they have anything chinese try that

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭KnicksInSix

Sipping Cloudpicker Frinsa Estate since last week and it is a beautiful cup. Another fermentation experimental coffee and it is beautiful through the v60 and the wave. Like the Banka it has a lot of tea-like notes imo. Worth the €14 if you're into funky pour overs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

Talguetler wrote: »
    Sipping Cloudpicker Frinsa Estate since last week and it is a beautiful cup. Another fermentation experimental coffee and it is beautiful through the v60 and the wave. Like the Banka it has a lot of tea-like notes imo. Worth the €14 if you're into funky pour overs.

Been doing espresso mostly but literally just got a supply of chemex filters yesterday so will break that back out.

Might go back to pour over for a bit, or more likely run both - getting a lot of caffeine these days haha

Let me know what you think

Had the Cheeky Monkey this morning.

It was lovely I have to say.

Not as rich as AOC's Smooth which is the big daddy for me these days, but lovely all the same.

I got a bag of Arawyn's Dream as well. So will give that a whirl over the weekend.

Anyway, it's a thumbs up from me.

West Cork Coffee - 20% off their latest bean - good offer! https://www.westcorkcoffee.ie/shop/josue

20% code; Morales
    .. until 23;59 Sunday

GUATEMALA
    JOSUÉ MORALES

VILLA SARCHI
    1500 masl

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭blondeonblonde

Will be heading to cloudpicker for a trip today - pick up a bag of something, tried HENRY and SAM so will see what else they have

Handy having their roastery up the road.

The MAM single origin is lovely for espresso machine too. I think it is used to blend both HENRY and SAM blends.

Just ordered some Coffee Angel Forsa Gala for a change.

Any recommendations for a decent decaf blend?

I've heard 3Fe is good but not tried it yet myself https://shop.3fe.com/product/colombia-la-estrella-decaf-washed-caturra

Didn't really like the Coffee Angel one or the Art of Coffee Peruvian decaf, ut I'm using a clever dripper so they might be great for espresso. It seems tricky to find something where you don't get that bitterness. Maybe I just need to give in and use some milk and sugar :eek::eek:

• Advertisement

The good bean

The good bean

They don't seem to have the decaf on their website :-(

They don't seem to have the decaf on their website :-(

A time for bed it’s called, or something like that

Came across a small batch roastery from Donegal - Shack coffee
    https://shackcoffee.ie/shop/

Free shipping over €50 or else €7 which is a bit steep!

Came across a small batch roastery from Donegal - Shack coffee
    https://shackcoffee.ie/shop/

Free shipping over €50 or else €7 which is a bit steep!

Looks like they only do 250g bags with no discount for more than one. Very expensive. €37.80 for 1kg plus €7 shipping, ouch!

I've heard 3Fe is good but not tried it yet myself https://shop.3fe.com/product/colombia-la-estrella-decaf-washed-caturra

Didn't really like the Coffee Angel one or the Art of Coffee Peruvian decaf, ut I'm using a clever dripper so they might be great for espresso. It seems tricky to find something where you don't get that bitterness. Maybe I just need to give in and use some milk and sugar :eek::eek:
    The good bean

Grand.

I only got a good bean order last week.

Need to get more AOC Smooth, so I'll likely get it from them next week. Cheers.

@Caviar, it'll be made into americanos or cappuccinos so should be okay.

anyone get the Imbibe email this month? The Ethiopian in particular sounds very intriguing
    The Ethiopian is our second microlot from The Worka Wuri mill. We've seen this coffee offered at €25 from some roasters around Europe. It's rare and it's premium but we're offering it at over 20% less. From what we can gather (the producers were very secretive), banana process is similar to natural anaerobic fermentation but with the addition of banana slices which add sweet flavours to the coffee. We think it's stunning.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 TheCKid

anyone get the Imbibe email this month? The Ethiopian in particular sounds very intriguing

Yeah, I've been sucked in again. The early heads up email to build hype/interest is incredibly effective in marketing it to me!

Looking forward to trying both as I don't really drink Brazilian coffees so will be nice try something different.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,656 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Yup I have no need for it at the moment with a couple kilos of beans in the freezer but they convinced me anyways with the tasting notes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

Have bought from their coffee club before and also just off the site and have been disappointed compared to cheaper beans from other roasters.
    Kind of showed me that what the experts consider to be really good coffee may not be great for me

Advertisement