Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving a Door Contact

Options
  • 09-07-2018 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi. I need to temporarily move an existing contact off a front door frame. I intend to unscrew it from the frame without un-wiring it and then tape the magnetic contact to it. Given that I wont be disconnecting any wires etc. My questions are:

1) Is it ok to just turn the power off first and disarm when alarm goes off? Is there power to the sensor from the battery?
    2) Can the tamper alarm go off if I am not un-wiring the censor?
    3) Is there anything I'm missing?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭davidconroy46

Is it a contact or a shock sensor? What type of panel is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Groucho2000

Hi its a contact sensor and the panel is Aritech.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi , no need to turn off the power.
    The tamper will activate when you open the sensor.You code will disarm the alarm, once closed up an aligned with the magnet the system should operate normally.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Groucho2000

Thanks KoolKid

Advertisement