Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike Scratch and Chip Repair in Dublin

Options
  • 09-07-2018 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Anyone have any recommendations for someone to do some patch repair on a couple of chips and scratches on a road bike (Chip on the front fork and rear triangle). Looking for someone in Dublin.

I lent it to a friend last weekend and it looks like it got damaged on the bike rack - there was a second bike put on afterwards. My guess is the forks and triangle were in contact with those of the other bike and were vibrating against one another.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

i hope your friend made a good recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,768 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

You could paint over them with clear nail varnish, if you're concerned about corrosion. You might be able to find a matching nail varnish and paint it very thinly until the chips are no longer conspicuous, but finding a seamless match seems unlikely to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,768 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Enamel model paint might work either. Hobby stores have that, I think.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,591 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

getting it repaired professionally would probably cost way in excess of the actual damage to the paint. if your mate said he's willing to pay though...

Advertisement