Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick of being fat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Yep I put up 2kg of the 10 kg I've lost so far but I had a lovely time back to low calorie now and hoping I will lose that in a few weeks.

Moving more too but I did enjoy the couch potato lifestyle between Xmas and the new year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

redzerdrog wrote: »
    15st 10lbs
    15st
    14st 12lbs
    15st 2lbs
    14st 10lbs
    14st 9lbs
    14st 6.5lbs
    14st 5lbs
    14st 1lb
    13st 13.5lbs
    13st 11lbs
    13st 13lbs
    14st 4lbs
    14st 2.5lbs
    14st 1.5lbs
    14st 0.5lbs
    14st 1.5lbs
    14st 1.5lbs
    14st 8lbs
    14st 5lbs
    14st 2lbs
    14st 9.5lbs
    14st 5.5lbs

4 months since this post and back up again. Feeling it my clothes and sleep so need to get back to basics. Never been one for big diets so need to get the basics rights again and cut on put the daily Rolls, crisps and chocolate.

Think it is time to start fresh

15st 3.5lbs

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭2 fast

11st 6Lbs would like to get back down to 10st. I love food too much to ever me super skinny but a healthier weight where clothes fit will be good. Love the idea of this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭corcaigh1

4 months since this post and back up again. Feeling it my clothes and sleep so need to get back to basics. Never been one for big diets so need to get the basics rights again and cut on put the daily Rolls, crisps and chocolate.

15st 3.5lbs

Sleep??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

I put on about 8 stone in total due to medication I was on. The main side effect of which is weight gain. I was taken off that medication about 9 months ago and have lost over a stone.
    I am 6 foot 1 or 2. I weigh about 19st 7lbs. I used to go to the gym but I've lost all interest, I worked hard for ages and never really got the strength or fitness I wanted so I'm at a really low point in terms of motivation.
    I don't really eat loads any more but it's hard to eat little enough for the weight to decrease.

Tired of being overweight and I used to take pride in being lean, feels like the medication was to blame but that's only half true.. I let it have such a big effect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

eyerer wrote: »
    I put on about 8 stone in total due to medication I was on. The main side effect of which is weight gain. I was taken off that medication about 9 months ago and have lost over a stone.
    I am 6 foot 1 or 2. I weigh about 19st 7lbs. I used to go to the gym but I've lost all interest, I worked hard for ages and never really got the strength or fitness I wanted so I'm at a really low point in terms of motivation.
    I don't really eat loads any more but it's hard to eat little enough for the weight to decrease.

Tired of being overweight and I used to take pride in being lean, feels like the medication was to blame but that's only half true.. I let it have such a big effect.
    motivation is a bitch to find but once you do you will wonder what stopped you. They say it takes six weeks to form a habit and then your bring will nah you to stick to it. The motivation is needed for the six weeks but knowing the issue really helps, look up that kinda stuff and it will show you the right path.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭anewme

First weigh in 30th Dec.

1 kg down this evening.

It's a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭mojesius

Didn't lose or gain anything over Xmas. Was getting back into running but have been struck down by a virus that I can't shake. Appetite is a bit all over the shop with it, can't eat anything for half the day then just grabbing whatever is handy (cheese crackers soup etc). Hate being sick, it throws all good plans out the window!

mojesius wrote: »
    Didn't lose or gain anything over Xmas. Was getting back into running but have been struck down by a virus that I can't shake. Appetite is a bit all over the shop with it, can't eat anything for half the day then just grabbing whatever is handy (cheese crackers soup etc). Hate being sick, it throws all good plans out the window!
    Last time I lost loads of weight it was sickness that broke the good habit. I gotba really bad flu and that led to a bad ear infection, i was out for a month and wasnt eating and then when i got better i eat everything. So i know how you feel.

anewme wrote: »
    First weigh in 30th Dec.

1 kg down this evening.

It's a start.

Battery is gone in my scales, dont know if I'm happy or sad about that yet:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Week 1 15 Stone 12
    Week 2 15 Stone 10

No change to food diet yet, just no drink.

iamtony wrote: »
    Week one 107kg:mad:

Gonna be a long road ahead....

Back with you buddy.

Week 1: 96.2kg

We did great last time. Lets do it again

Back with you buddy.

Week 1: 96.2kg

We did great last time. Lets do it again
    We always seem to be 10kg apart when we start this:D

I'm eating what I like this week bit I'm off the drink which is a big part of my problem. For anyone who feels like they are drinking too much try reading the Alan carr drinking book. It hasn't cured me but it has definitely helped.
    Next week I'll focus on the food.

Week 1: 107kg
    Week 2: 106kg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

15st 3.5lbs

Week 1 15st 3.5lbs
    Week 2 14st 10.5lbs

Presumably mostly water weight after over indulging the Christmas period but still nice the get back below 15 again. Brought lunch 4/5 days this week so definitely made a difference from the daily chicken fillet roll

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭rhubarbcustard

Hey all, hope all going well for yee.

Week 1 24st 0lb March 2019
    Week 10 22st 4lb May 2019
    All fell apart after that, stopped excercising mid June
    New slate now its 2020!

Some lessons I learned this time were.....

1. When things are going well, work twice as hard, dont let the voices of complacency in!
    2. Dont take a few weeks off from exercising, its so hard to return to the gym etc and its the only way I can control my eating / avoid junk foods.
    3. Dont talk about what I am GOING to do to lose weight , only talk about what I've DONE to lose weight.
    4. Alcohol prevents my progression, its not the alcohol itself, Id go out once a month at most, its just that I take my foot off the Good Diet pedal in the lead up to a drinking session, eat crap During a night out and I eat crap for a good week post session telling myself that I'll get back on track the following Monday!!

Week 1 (08.01.20) 23st 13lb

Hey all, hope all going well for yee.

Week 1 24st 0lb March 2019
    Week 10 22st 4lb May 2019
    All fell apart after that, stopped excercising mid June
    New slate now its 2020!

Some lessons I learned this time were.....

1. When things are going well, work twice as hard, dont let the voices of complacency in!
    2. Dont take a few weeks off from exercising, its so hard to return to the gym etc and its the only way I can control my eating / avoid junk foods.
    3. Dont talk about what I am GOING to do to lose weight , only talk about what I've DONE to lose weight.
    4. Alcohol prevents my progression, its not the alcohol itself, Id go out once a month at most, its just that I take my foot off the Good Diet pedal in the lead up to a drinking session, eat crap During a night out and I eat crap for a good week post session telling myself that I'll get back on track the following Monday!!

Week 1 (08.01.20) 23st 13lb
    good to hear from you rhubarb.
    Yes alcohol plays such a big role in this whole thing for lots of people. I'm off drink a week and I feel so much better already. My knees stopped hurting, I'm making way better choices in my food, I feel like I've taken drugs today I feel so good it's amazing. I'm excited for the future again.

I sat in last night with the missus and she had beer and I didn't even want any. I had my Saturday night cheat chinese and I realised it's not actually that nice and very salty. I came home today from work and had an omelette and a side salad for dinner and it was delicious. I forgot how much i enjoy eating healthy. I'm in the zone:pac:

iamtony wrote: »
    good to hear from you rhubarb.
    Yes alcohol plays such a big role in this whole thing for lots of people. I'm off drink a week and I feel so much better already. My knees stopped hurting, I'm making way better choices in my food, I feel like I've taken drugs today I feel so good it's amazing. I'm excited for the future again.

I sat in last night with the missus and she had beer and I didn't even want any. I had my Saturday night cheat chinese and I realised it's not actually that nice and very salty. I came home today from work and had an omelette and a side salad for dinner and it was delicious. I forgot how much i enjoy eating healthy. I'm in the zone:pac:

That's great mate and brilliant motivation for me.

Well done.

That's great mate and brilliant motivation for me.

Well done.

Thank you, I'm just back from a hour walk in the storm with the missus and I'm not wrecked. The carb slumps really effect your energy levels during the day.

Pretzill wrote: »
    Yep I put up 2kg of the 10 kg I've lost so far but I had a lovely time back to low calorie now and hoping I will lose that in a few weeks.

Moving more too but I did enjoy the couch potato lifestyle between Xmas and the new year :)

I lost 2kg since being back on, on the 2nd so I'm 11 days into it again. But somewhere along the line another 1kg was on the scales from before. I'm down 9kg in total since I started. Going well this week I'm doing calorie counting I'm on about 1200 a day and low carb. So I'm hoping to lose 1lb a week.

SW: 95kg
    CW: 86kg
    Goal Weight: 65Kg

There's a long way to go but losing the first stone has really made me feel so much better.

• Advertisement

Was down by about 30/35 pounds, crept back up by 10 or so in the last few weeks. Bad weekend just passed but proper stuff bought in, time to get trucking again. :P

Yeesh, didn't realise how long ago that post was. All the weight is pretty much back on at this point. :( However I'm much more active and my clothes are still looser than a year ago. Time to get back to it properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,100 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I lost about a pound after visiting the throne this morning so it does help

• Registered Users Posts: 24,588 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Gael23 wrote: »
    I lost about a pound after visiting the throne this morning so it does help

That's not weight loss.

That's not weight loss.

It's not but I find sometimes people are disheartened when the scales doesn't move much and sometimes they can be constipated from the type of dieting and they have actually lost so I'd take it as a win.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,100 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

That's not weight loss.

It’s not but it’s material that’s adding weight to your body unnecessarily

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Boredstiff666

Someone who eats like a horse....me.

Have you every thought of when having your cooked dinners leaving out the meat and replace it with veg and gravy.

So if you had steak mash/spuds and veg.....leave out the steak/meat and replace with extra veg and gravy. The amount of calories in a steak is huge and it doesnt take much 'bulk' in other to replace it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,588 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Gael23 wrote: »
    It’s not but it’s material that’s adding weight to your body unnecessarily

And which will be there again in a day.

Have you every thought of when having your cooked dinners leaving out the meat and replace it with veg and gravy.

So if you had steak mash/spuds and veg.....leave out the steak/meat and replace with extra veg and gravy. The amount of calories in a steak is huge and it doesnt take much 'bulk' in other to replace it.

I'd leave out the spuds and gravy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Steak is full of protein and and isn't huge on calories at all. Keep the steak and cut back on the mash and gravy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,526 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

8oz steak has approximately 300 calories. I wouldn't be leave it out.Packed with protein

Pouring gravy over food ,could see well of 100+ calories added on very easily.

Advertisement