Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick of being fat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭MilfordBud

1st Jan 243 lbs
    8th Jan 236 lbs
    15th Jan 235 lbs
    22nd Jan 233 lbs

Happy enough with that. Circuits Thursday, indoor soccer Thursday. Went mountain biking Saturday and came off the bike about 2k from the finish. Hopped my knee fairly hard so just resting for this week. Will try get to the pool today and maybe Friday before back to circuits next Monday. Another event this Friday but will take it handy enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭rhubarbcustard

Week 1 23st 13lb
    Week 2 23st 11.5 lb
    Week 3 23st 13.5 lb

rough weekend totally off plan Fri, sat, sun & mon. anyways onwards and upwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Week 1: 107kg
    Week 2: 106kg
    Week 3: didn't weight
    Week 4: 104.6

Still struggling with the booze, I probably should be on the alcohol anonymous thread instead of here. I was going great feeling great but one bad day and I ran to the off licence. The brain is such a weird thing. Anyway sobriety and weight loss here i come......again......for the 50th time :pac:

Week 1 23st 13lb
    Week 2 23st 11.5 lb
    Week 3 23st 13.5 lb

rough weekend totally off plan Fri, sat, sun & mon. anyways onwards and upwards.
    you'll be back down before the week is over once your good. I told a little lie when I said I didn't weight in week 3. I stood on the scales the day after a big **** off chinese and I was 108kg but I knew it wasnt real weight gain, it's only the food inside weighting me down and the salt holding water.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Acquiescence

I've been steadily chipping away at the weight since January 2019 down 17kg and probably 10kg to go.

Off the old boozles four months.

The biggest difference I find is no longer having mad spikes in weight gain after making brutal food choices when hungover.

While it's easy to put it down to sodium and water retention it's also an unavoidable truth that I would easily consume 3000+ cals over maintenance on those days (calories from alcohol aside) leading to having to restrict that bit harder/wait that bit longer to return to baseline.

• Advertisement

iamtony wrote: »
    you'll be back down before the week is over once your good. I told a little lie when I said I didn't weight in week 3. I stood on the scales the day after a big **** off chinese and I was 108kg but I knew it wasnt real weight gain, it's only the food inside weighting me down and the salt holding water.

Cheers Tony, youre back on track now.

I cant wait to get back to mindset i was in early last week. its definitely the booze, im only coming right today after the weekend.
    i had a big event to attend last weekend and had planned to abstain from drinking but I got caught up in the hype and got stuck in!
    No events for foreseeable future though. keeping the head down now.

I've been steadily chipping away at the weight since January 2019 down 17kg and probably 10kg to go.

Off the old boozles four months.

The biggest difference I find is no longer having mad spikes in weight gain after making brutal food choices when hungover.

While it's easy to put it down to sodium and water retention it's also an unavoidable truth that I would easily consume 3000+ cals over maintenance on those days (calories from alcohol aside) leading to having to restrict that bit harder/wait that bit longer to return to baseline.

that's brilliant, well done!
    I agree with you on the post booze food bingefests!

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Acquiescence

that's brilliant, well done!
    I agree with you on the post booze food bingefests!

Thanks, sorry I wasn't fishing for plaudits just trying to legitimise my opinion!

I know for me personally, I was doing everything right, balanced diet, regular exercise across various modalities, not getting hung up on day to day weight fluctuations then going a bit mental every so often and taking 3 and 4 days to return to feeling on top of everything again.

Knocking that on the head gave me the freedom to eat whatever I wanted within reason because I knew the next day wasn't going to turn into some pity fest of fast food!

I don't intend to proselytise, and had intended to continue lurking on this thread (it's great BTW), it's just that post resonated with me, I was that soldier.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Pretzill wrote: »
    85kg at this week's weigh-in.

Just a pound down this week - but I'm happy with that. I have upped the exercise and I'm keeping to between 1100-1200 calories and 1300-1400 on Friday and Saturday.

Just calculated I have lost 22lbs since I have started which is almost all the weight I put up through giving up smoking - now it's time to work on losing the rest. Another 20kgs to go! :eek:

Week 1: 96.2kg
    Week 2: Didn't weigh
    Week 3: 91.6kg

Completely unsustainable weight loss but eating clean and being completely off the booze is making a big difference. Expect to plateau over the next couple of weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Remeasure of week 4 due to moving to Fridays (was confusing myself !)

Week 1 15 Stone 12
    Week 2 15 Stone 10
    Week 3 15 Stone 10
    Week 4 15 Stone 7

Delighted so far, I'm now approx the same weight I was this time last year.

Again 2000 cals each day, being strict with that, not necessarily eating the best of foods but calories in < calories out will do me until I get into this routine.

Craving a taco chip which is nearly 2000 in itself so today will be hard !

Week 1 15 Stone 12
    Week 2 15 Stone 10
    Week 3 15 Stone 10
    Week 4 15 Stone 7

Again 2000 cals each day, being strict with that, not necessarily eating the best of foods but calories in < calories out will do me until I get into this routine.

****! Taco chips are that much?!? Aww man!!!

I'm having beans and eggs for lunch with one slice of toast and then bun-less lean beef burgers and mushy peas for dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭bladespin

Have seen some portions work out at over 2500cals eeek! I share your pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,526 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

bladespin wrote: »
    Have seen some portions work out at over 2500cals eeek! I share your pain.

Holy ****

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Week 1 15 Stone 12
    Week 2 15 Stone 10
    Week 3 15 Stone 10
    Week 4 15 Stone 7

There's no way taco fries could be 2,000 calories unless you're ordering a triple portion.

Had a quick check on the Supermacs website and a regular portion is listed at 601 calories. The KJ (which is listed beside it) is 2,500 . So maybe that's where you're getting confused?

There's no way taco fries could be 2,000 calories unless you're ordering a triple portion.

Had a quick check on the Supermacs website and a regular portion is listed at 601 calories. The KJ (which is listed beside it) is 2,500 . So maybe that's where you're getting confused?

SM portions are tiny compared to some chippers.

What's a KJ?

SM portions are tiny compared to some chippers.

Taco Fries come in a tray though, don't see how they could fit three times as much fries as Supermacs to give an 1,800 calorie portion. If that is the case then fair play to that takeaway!

What's a KJ?

It's a different measurement often seen listed beside calories on a menu.

From Google:

kJ (kilojoules) is the Australian measure of how much energy people get from consuming a food or drink. Energy in food and drinks is measured by the number of kJ (kilojoules) it provides. kJ are similar to Calories: 1 kJ = 0.2 Calories (Cals) 1 Calorie = 4.2 kJs.

It's a different measurement often seen listed beside calories on a menu.

From Google:

kJ (kilojoules) is the Australian measure of how much energy people get from consuming a food or drink. Energy in food and drinks is measured by the number of kJ (kilojoules) it provides. kJ are similar to Calories: 1 kJ = 0.2 Calories (Cals) 1 Calorie = 4.2 kJs.

Ahhhhhh. Sorry I though you meant there was a food item called a KJ on the menu that was 2500 calories. I was mouth wateringly intrigued.

• Advertisement

Ahhhhhh. Sorry I though you meant there was a food item called a KJ on the menu that was 2500 calories. I was mouth wateringly intrigued.

That would be the Kilo Jambon. Great after a scatter of pints!

Taco Fries come in a tray though, don't see how they could fit three times as much fries as Supermacs to give an 1,800 calorie portion. If that is the case then fair play to that takeaway!

SM sell much smaller trays than any chipper I've been in, also chipper usually have a lot more sauce, cheese etc.

Eitherway, I would be avoiding them bar a very special cheat.

SM sell much smaller trays than any chipper I've been in, also chipper usually have a lot more sauce, cheese etc.

Eitherway, I would be avoiding them bar a very special cheat.

I'm sure they are bigger in some other takeaways but I'd be surprised if they were 2,000 calories bigger.

It wouldn't be advisable eating them regularly alright if you're trying to lose weight but the odd one would be harmless enough if you're budgeting your calories correctly or if you're having a cheat day.

I'm sure they are bigger in some other takeaways but I'd be surprised if they were 2,000 calories bigger.

It wouldn't be advisable eating them regularly alright if you're trying to lose weight but the odd one would be harmless enough if you're budgeting your calories correctly or if you're having a cheat day.
    A bag of chips from beshoffs is 900 calories. They dont list Taco fries bit curry chips which would be served in a tray similar to what the taco is only 579 so I'd assume the chipper taco chips would be around 1000kals unless it's a full bag of chips in the tray and then topped and then it would probably be 1500. It's all guess work. Chipper is not too bad compared to other fast foods.

http://www.beshoffbros.com/regular-menu-nutritional-information/

iamtony wrote: »
    A bag of chips from beshoffs is 900 calories. They dont list Taco fries bit curry chips which would be served in a tray similar to what the taco is only 579 so I'd assume the chipper taco chips would be around 1000kals unless it's a full bag of chips in the tray and then topped and then it would probably be 1500. It's all guess work. Chipper is not too bad compared to other fast foods.

http://www.beshoffbros.com/regular-menu-nutritional-information/

Their fish are surprisingly low in calories. Can that be right that a fresh cod from beshoffs is only 300 calories?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭Pretzill

I'm also surprised at the calorie value of Taco Chips (Though I've never tried them and possibly never will now :o)
    Last week I got a fresh cod and chips from the chipper and me and Mr P split it - It came in at around 480 calories each and was very tasty - not the best food but it's nice to treat once in a while. Insta...perhaps you can find someone to share the portion with ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

may 2019 i weighed in at a hefty 25 stone 8 pounds,I have diabetes type 2 and was slowly going blind due to diabetic retinopathy

I decided that i needed to do something drastic,so with a combination of cutting out carbs,all sugars and sugary drinks and doing the 16/8 intermittent fast every day.

Today i am down to 19 stone 3 pounds,my diabetes is in remission and my eyesight has improved immensely.

I still have 4 stone to loose,After all its a marathon not a sprint but if i can do this anybody can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

GHOST MGG wrote:
    I still have 4 stone to loose,After all its a marathon not a sprint but if i can do this anybody can.

Fair play and congrats.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 The Helpful Engineer

GHOST MGG wrote: »
    may 2019 i weighed in at a hefty 25 stone 8 pounds,I have diabetes type 2 and was slowly going blind due to diabetic retinopathy

I decided that i needed to do something drastic,so with a combination of cutting out carbs,all sugars and sugary drinks and doing the 16/8 intermittent fast every day.

Today i am down to 19 stone 3 pounds,my diabetes is in remission and my eyesight has improved immensely.

That's really fantastic progress Ghost, I am really pleased for you

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

I'm joining in here for some motivation. I have put on so much weight, I weighed myself this morning and I got a fright. I don't even want to say how much I weighed but I lost weight a couple of years ago, I done so well, but it's true what they say you gain it back on and more.

I kind of already started by exercising more but was terrified to step on the scales. I picked up cycling as a new year's resolution and I'm taking the long way home for extra walking. Need to get my diet in order which is the main issue.

Advertisement