Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick of being fat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Week 1 03/01/2020 - 83.2kg
    Week 2 10/01/2020 - 82.7kg
    Week 3 17/01/2020 - 82.4kg
    Week 4 24/01/2020 - 82.7kg
    Week 5 31/01/2020 - 82.3kg

5 Fridays in January - what a sh1te month.
    I seem to have plateaued already. Had a great week food-wise so will keep that going for another as I've nothing on this weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Week 1 15 Stone 12
    Week 2 15 Stone 10
    Week 3 15 Stone 10
    Week 4 15 Stone 7
    Week 5 15 Stone 5.5

Surprised this week to be honest.

2000 cals max 5 of the days, closer to 2800 on 2 of them (enjoyed that taco chip and having another one tomorrow night)

Garmin tells me I'm burning about 2700 a day on average which would stack up.

Again 2000 very easy to stick to so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

I am tracking calories through Myfitnesspal. Any tips on tracking restaurant meals?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Midlife crisis man

Weighed myself this morning. 90.8kg (200lbs, 14.3stone)

That's the lightest I've been in years. I switched to a keto diet a couple of weeks ago and I'm noticing big differences (Oh how I miss bread and porridge). I've already gone a notch tighter on my belt.

Onwards and upwards (or should that be inwards)

iamtony wrote: »
    Well done, are you still off the drink? I still haven't weighted in but I dont think I did good:o

Didn't fall off the wagon last week. I may have stepped off the wagon for a few minutes but jumped back on before it got too far away. :)

Weigh in. You'll be grand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,489 ✭✭✭✭fits

I might try join here too. Female 5’4. Was 76kg in November. Lost a bit then gained some back over Christmas currently 73.5 kg. Trying to stick to 1500 cal a day of simple food. The odd glass of wine gets me though.

First target is 70 kg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

?Cee?view wrote: »
    OK, time for me to stop lurking here and start doing this.

Week 1 - 269lbs
    Week 2 - 264lbs

I'm only 5'9" so a hell of a long way to go...:eek:

Week 0 269lbs - 19'3"
    Week 1 264lbs - 18'12"
    Week 2 262lbs - 18'10"

OK, my OCD has kicked in! I've changed "week 1" to "week 0", as I figure I'm only a week in after 1 week. Sad, I know :o

Bit disappointed with my 2lbs this week, but I had a complete blow out on Saturday, and overall I've 7 pounds gone after 2 weeks which mustn't be too bad? Alcohol really is my enemy when it comes to weight. Once I don't drink I can control my eating. But, for instance, on Saturday we went out for a meal. Ate all around me when I got home as I'd had a few beers and wine...

If I could develop self control when half pissed, I'd be skinny as a rake :D

Also, I was on antibiotics all week - finished this morning - not sure if that has any effect on weight loss?

?Cee?view wrote: »
    Week 0 269lbs - 19'3"
    Week 1 264lbs - 18'12"
    Week 2 262lbs - 18'10"

OK, my OCD has kicked in! I've changed "week 1" to "week 0", as I figure I'm only a week in after 1 week. Sad, I know :o

Bit disappointed with my 2lbs this week, but I had a complete blow out on Saturday, and overall I've 7 pounds gone after 2 weeks which mustn't be too bad? Alcohol really is my enemy when it comes to weight. Once I don't drink I can control my eating. But, for instance, on Saturday we went out for a meal. Ate all around me when I got home as I'd had a few beers and wine...

If I could develop self control when half pissed, I'd be skinny as a rake :D

Also, I was on antibiotics all week - finished this morning - not sure if that has any effect on weight loss?

Losing weight after a blowout is a major success. Good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 AlBlack

What really worked for me, is Keto, but everyone is different. Caring what you eat is the most important. I try not to use the word "Diet" I have changed my eating habits. I care about wht I eat. I have lost over 4 stone over the last year.

There is NO GOOD Sugar.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭MilfordBud

1st Jan 243 lbs
    8th Jan 236 lbs
    15th Jan 235 lbs
    22nd Jan 233 lbs
    29th Jan 228 lbs
    5th Feb 229 lbs

Thought it would be more of an increase to be honest. Had two work do's for a finish, a wedding and a birthday meal for myself. I only drank at the wedding but ate plenty at the other events. With that in mind and the decent loss the week before I don't feel too bad. My knee is finally feeling better so back to circuits tomorrow and have a hike planned for Saturday morning. Have an event this weekend and the weekend after but that should be it for a few weeks then as regards alcohol comsumption.

• Advertisement

MilfordBud wrote: »
    1st Jan 243 lbs
    8th Jan 236 lbs
    15th Jan 235 lbs
    22nd Jan 233 lbs
    29th Jan 228 lbs
    5th Feb 229 lbs

Thought it would be more of an increase to be honest. Had two work do's for a finish, a wedding and a birthday meal for myself. I only drank at the wedding but ate plenty at the other events. With that in mind and the decent loss the week before I don't feel too bad. My knee is finally feeling better so back to circuits tomorrow and have a hike planned for Saturday morning. Have an event this weekend and the weekend after but that should be it for a few weeks then as regards alcohol comsumption.

That's a great steady loss. Well done. The 1lb hiccup is completely forgivable considering the events you went to. You should be proud it was only a pound. I know myself it would have been way worse

Again, brilliant stuff. Well done.

*Edit* belated happy birthday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

hots wrote: »
    SW 139KG 13/01/2020
    136.5KG 20/01/2020
    136 KG 29/01/2020
    CW 133.5KG 05/02/2020

Happy with that, superbowl and a work night out in the mix there too. A couple more weeks like that and I'd be happy.

Week 1: 96.2kg
    Week 2: Didn't weigh
    Week 3: 91.6kg
    Week 4: 90.6kg
    Week 5: 88.6kg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Week 1: 107kg
    Week 2: 106kg
    Week 3: didn't weigh
    Week 4: 104.6
    Week 5: didn't weigh
    Week 6: 104.9

I'm just surprised I wasnt heavier:pac:
    I'm expecting big losses by next week I'm on the wagon again.

Week 1: 96.2kg
    Week 2: Didn't weigh
    Week 3: 91.6kg
    Week 4: 90.6kg
    Week 5: 88.6kg
    Your knocking it out of the park well done!

*You're*

/Beingadick

Thanks mate :)

*You're*

/Beingadick

Thanks mate :)

Week 1: 107kg
    Week 2: 106kg
    Week 3: didn't weigh
    Week 4: 104.6
    Week 5: didn't weigh
    Week 6: 104.9

I'm just surprised I wasnt heavier:pac:
    I'm expecting big losses by next week I'm on the wagon again.

It's that bastard wagon chief. Scary the difference it makes. You've got this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Just short of 12kg gone off of me since August 2019. Lost 1lb again this week, so it's slowing down, I have introduced two IF days to shake things up a bit but I feel I'm low enough on calories the other days it's a bit of a fecker. I'm averaging 1200 and ignoring any exercise I add to MFP - (Exercise bike daily, and walks) - I'm almost at 2 stone down and that's taken me 6 months, I suppose it does become a lifestyle change more than a diet.

Well done The Dunne, you're :D doing great!

Pretzill wrote: »
    Just short of 12kg gone off of me since August 2019. Lost 1lb again this week, so it's slowing down, I have introduced two IF days to shake things up a bit but I feel I'm low enough on calories the other days it's a bit of a fecker. I'm averaging 1200 and ignoring any exercise I add to MFP - (Exercise bike daily, and walks) - I'm almost at 2 stone down and that's taken me 6 months, I suppose it does become a lifestyle change more than a diet.

Well done The Dunne, you're :D doing great!

Thanks. I'm not doing great though. I'm just cutting out ****e I didn't need. But thanks a million. Anyone on this thread has it. Let's smash this ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,600 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Thanks. I'm not doing great though. I'm just cutting out ****e I didn't need.

Yeah but that's the bit most people struggle with. Give yourself the credit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭2 fast

Each week I keep getting worse with eating! I just can't seem to keep up the momentum at all. Congrats and well done to everyone, ye are inspiration

2 fast wrote: »
    Each week I keep getting worse with eating! I just can't seem to keep up the momentum at all. Congrats and well done to everyone, ye are inspiration
    what kind of diet are you eating? Are you forcing yourself to eat things you dont enjoy?
    A lot of people try go in to hard and are miserable and you cant keep that up for very long. If you like meat go on a high meat low carb diet. That's what I find the easiest. Dont cut out any food groups and focus on just having less bread, potatoes, rice, pasta etc.
    Oh and allow a cheat meal once a week and look forward to it. That helps me anyway. Not a cheat day, a planned cheat meal, like were getting pizza every Friday.

Not a cheat day, a planned cheat meal, like were getting pizza every Friday.

Damn right. Double meat barbacoa burrito for me tonight bay-beeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

I've been living for this. 87.4kg today so I expect to be back in the 88/89 range tomorrow but **** it. We need our cheat meals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Week 1 15 Stone 12
    Week 2 15 Stone 10
    Week 3 15 Stone 10
    Week 4 15 Stone 7
    Week 5 15 Stone 5.5

Week 6 15 Stone 6.5

Annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭gypsylee

Starting Weight 6th January - 10 st 10.25 lbs

Weight today - 9 st 12.5 lbs.

Goal Weight - 9 st 5 lbs.

Finding it easier now to log on MFP and stick to the 1200 calories. I run three to four times a week but don't use the calories burned. Not feeling as hungry between meals as I was a month ago. Happy with the loss.

gypsylee wrote: »
    Starting Weight 6th January - 10 st 10.25 lbs

Weight today - 9 st 12.5 lbs.

Goal Weight - 9 st 5 lbs.

Finding it easier now to log on MFP and stick to the 1200 calories. I run three to four times a week but don't use the calories burned. Not feeling as hungry between meals as I was a month ago. Happy with the loss.

well done! I should be heading for that also but a long way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

Fell off the wagon last night. Drank a bottle of white wine and then had a packet of biscuits (they were lovely!), and a small bar of chocolate.

If I stay away from the wine I can handle staying away from crap food.

Today's my challenge. Yes, I f**ked up, but I have to stop the guilt getting me down and just focus on onwards and upwards... or actually downwards.

Wine is totally my downfall as well! And it took me a week or two after Christmas to get used to not having a glass in the evenings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭gypsylee

Oh I love my bottle of wine on a Saturday night. Not giving that up!

Advertisement