Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick of being fat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭Pretzill

I just made some hummus with 2 small (soup) rolls. That felt like a cheat meal for me because I haven't had bread since Christmas. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

?Cee?view wrote:
    Today's my challenge. Yes, I f**ked up, but I have to stop the guilt getting me down and just focus on onwards and upwards... or actually downwards.

You did not **** up. You had a normal day. Embrace it, enjoy it and keep it up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

Ironicname wrote: »
    You did not **** up. You had a normal day. Embrace it, enjoy it and keep it up

Whatever about the wine and the chocolate, the biscuits were particularly delicious :D

Thanks to you all for all the positivity here. This is the kind of thing that's thrown me before, but your combined support lets me view this as just a hiccough.

Have a great weekend all

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Week 1 15st 3.5lbs
    Week 2 14st 10.5lbs
    Week 3 14st 10lbs
    Week 4 14st 10.5 lbs

Week 5 14st 10.5lbs
    I only realised I never posted up last weeks weight. I thought I did but possibly subconsciously didn’t as wasn’t happy to stay sane as previous.

Week 6 14st 9.5lbs
    Great relief to get below 14 10 after a number of weeks of struggling to get past it. Finally feel like am making progress again!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭2 fast

iamtony wrote: »
    what kind of diet are you eating? Are you forcing yourself to eat things you dont enjoy?
    A lot of people try go in to hard and are miserable and you cant keep that up for very long. If you like meat go on a high meat low carb diet. That's what I find the easiest. Dont cut out any food groups and focus on just having less bread, potatoes, rice, pasta etc.
    Oh and allow a cheat meal once a week and look forward to it. That helps me anyway. Not a cheat day, a planned cheat meal, like were getting pizza every Friday.

I tend to go extreme and drastically cut food groups. I'll give this a try n plan meals and lessen food more so than cut. Its definitely not working going full on because after a while I gorge worse than ever. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

Anyone try OMAD. Or is that too strict?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    Anyone try OMAD. Or is that too strict?

Works for some not others, I'm 100% OMAD (excluding water and black coffee) midweek. I'm suspicious of most of the claims but the biggest thing is it's physically difficult to fit XXXX calories in one sitting, makes it easier for me to hit my target each day and stop any need for thinking about 3 meals a day, just one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

hots wrote: »
    Works for some not others, I'm 100% OMAD (excluding water and black coffee) midweek. I'm suspicious of most of the claims but the biggest thing is it's physically difficult to fit XXXX calories in one sitting, makes it easier for me to hit my target each day and stop any need for thinking about 3 meals a day, just one.

what would you typically eat for your meal

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Midlife crisis man

Weighed myself this morning. 90.8kg (200lbs, 14.3stone)

89.9kg and I'm starting to notice physical differences in my appearance. I'm going for a roast dinner today which will undoubtedly kick me out of ketosis but I'll be back on the wagon tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭2 fast

So here I go again ....

11st 7lbs starting point.

Here to showing up for myself... goodluck everyone 🀞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Not being around these parts before! M/45/179cm. Usual craic: weight gradually up over the years with an occasional spurt of losing a good bit before eventually putting it all back on....and more. Kids and a very busy schedule don't help. Hit an all time high of 302.5 lbs approx 10 years ago before getting down a bit and hovered around 270 - 280 generally for a good while before a good effort three years ago got me down to 240. Good while it lasted! Up and down since then (mostly up tbh) and eventually tipped the scale at over 300 lbs again after Christmas. Decided this needed to be tackled, and now. My brother put me on to the Obesity Code book by Jason Fung - I was very sceptical but it looked generally solid so delved straight into it.

Eating schedule: intermittent fasting mixed up a little to fit in with my schedule. Generally doing 24 hour fasts on alternate days and an occasional 36 hour. I thought this would be hard (and, hey, I've got a big appetite) - not at all, haven't found it difficult. Zero snacking: if it's a day I'm eating three meals, that's it, nothing else. I've relented this slightly the last two weeks to allow for a few drinks after dinner at the weekend. Also had a few trips away last two weeks so a few pints were required.
    Diet: sub keto. I do eat carbs (plenty of vegetables) but practically no processed ones. No added sugar. No bread. No pasta. Treats would generally be a piece of fruit (just how bloody delicious is a simple orange?!) after dinner. Last two weeks I did allow an occasional small sugary yoke after a meal.

Aim: 200 lbs. So, losing fully one third of my starting weight. Bit of a challenge!

Weight diary (lbs):
    10 Jan: 301.6 :o:( (changed diet that day; fasting started 13/1).
    17 Jan: 290.6 lbs (-11).
    24 Jan: 282.8 lbs (-18.8)
    31 Jan: 279.9 lbs (-21.7)
    7 Feb: 276.3 lbs (-25.3)

Delighted with that start (two holes on the belt too)....but there's a long way to go yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

Week 0 269lbs - 19'3"
    Week 1 264lbs - 18'12"
    Week 2 262lbs - 18'10"
    Week 3 257lbs - 18’5”

Happy with that!

Thanks all for your support.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    what would you typically eat for your meal

Doesn't matter so long as it's under 1550 calories.

A meal from last week:
    373g of bacon
    210g of tomatoes
    15g chilli paste
    17g olive tapenade
    281g gnocchi

I'm a big guy and it was a struggle to finish it, 1167 calories. That and probably 4 good sized mugs of black coffee and heaps of water during the day. Occasionally a electrolyte fizzy thing to flavour the water (have a supply from when I did keto a while back).

If you're having a takeaway pick somewhere that shows calories, if you're only having one meal you'd be surprised at what you can get. My Camile go-to is a combination of 2 of Thai Beef Salad (250c), Khao Soi Moo (1079c noodles & meatball curry) and Chicken Ramen (613c). Finishing 2 of those is nearly impossible.

gypsylee wrote: »
    Oh I love my bottle of wine on a Saturday night. Not giving that up!

Only 600/700 kcals so not a huge issue over a week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Anamdearcadh

Start: 10.2.20
    11 stone

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭MilfordBud

1st Jan 243 lbs
    8th Jan 236 lbs
    15th Jan 235 lbs
    22nd Jan 233 lbs
    29th Jan 228 lbs
    5th Feb 229 lbs
    12th Feb 228lbs

Lost the lb I put on, very nearly 2 but I'm rounding up, always used to round down and make it feel like I did more than I actually had. Had a fairly heavy night Saturday but avoided takeaway after it and recovered well Sunday with no crappy food. Only managed one game of indoor and one session of circuits with work stuff picking up. One last event this Saturday and then a couple of quiet weeks. Hopefully I'll use those to push on a decent bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Week 1: 107kg
    Week 2: 106kg
    Week 3: didn't weigh
    Week 4: 104.6
    Week 5: didn't weigh
    Week 6: 104.9
    Week 7: 103.9

Wasnt the stellar week I had planned to do this time last week but the needle is moving in the right direction at least. Only thing I've stopped is ordering food and cut back on the booze. I'd love to say I'm off the drink but I drank saturday, Sunday and monday night, Its progress. I managed to not want a beer last night despite their being some sitting ice cold in the fridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Up one pound this week, I threw caution to the wind and basically mindlessly ate rings around me...but keeping up the exercise has served me well. Could have been worse. You're going well iamtony - a kilo in a week is perfect!

Week 1: 96.2kg
    Week 2: Didn't weigh
    Week 3: 91.6kg
    Week 4: 90.6kg
    Week 5: 88.6kg
    Week 6: 88.1kg

Not the best but consistent. Will try harder this week. My goal has changed from 85 to 83.

Holidays in April.

Had a good week!

Week 0: 301.6.
    Week 1: 290.6 lbs (-11).
    Week 2: 282.8 lbs (-18.8).
    Week 3: 279.9 lbs (-21.7).
    Week 4: 276.3 lbs (-25.3).
    Week 5: 269.8 lbs (-31.8).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭corcaigh1

Week 1: 96.2kg
    Week 2: Didn't weigh
    Week 3: 91.6kg
    Week 4: 90.6kg
    Week 5: 88.6kg
    Week 6: 88.1kg

Not the best but consistent. Will try harder this week. My goal has changed from 85 to 83.

Holidays in April.
    Had a good week!

Week 0: 301.6.
    Week 1: 290.6 lbs (-11).
    Week 2: 282.8 lbs (-18.8).
    Week 3: 279.9 lbs (-21.7).
    Week 4: 276.3 lbs (-25.3).
    Week 5: 269.8 lbs (-31.8).

WTF?? How did ye lose that much weight in just 5 weeks??

corcaigh1 wrote: »

Honest answer?

No alcohol and no pizza/****e food.

I was shoving at least 2000 calories a day over the recommend with a couple of cans/bottles of wine and a takeaway/pizza

It was sheer gluttony.

I'm now eating properly and have removed alcohol.

It's not easy but the results keep temptation at bay. It takes at least three weeks to see results, despite what the scales say. I'm starting to plateau now so it's the time to incorporate exercise.

My diet (fish, oats, water, lean beef, lentils) won't work for everyone. It's about finding what works for you.

My weight yo-yos and I hate it but even smelling a pint puts on a kilo. Others can drink what they want but eating cheese will like on the pounds.

I miss the pints and I'd stab you all for an Apache pizza but **** it, I'm almost 40 and need to think about being here a bit longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Honest answer?

I was shoving at least 2000 calories a day over the recommend with a couple of cans/bottles of wine and a takeaway/pizza

It was sheer gluttony.

It's not easy but the results keep temptation at bay. It takes at least three weeks to see results, despite what the scales say. I'm starting to plateau now so it's the time to incorporate exercise.

My diet (fish, oats, water, lean beef, lentils) won't work for everyone. It's about finding what works for you.

My weight yo-yos and I hate it but even smelling a pint puts on a kilo. Others can drink what they want but eating cheese will like on the pounds.

I miss the pints and I'd stab you all for an Apache pizza but **** it, I'm almost 40 and need to think about being here a bit longer.
    gluttony Haha you got it in one!

Results since 31 December, the first 3 weeks of January I wasnt really tracking but even with exercising most days I was losing feck all so I cut out all of the carbs i.e potatoes, bread etc etc, so really ive been following a keto slash dirty keto diet the last 3 weeks & boom the weight has started dropping nicely!

502953.jpeg
    502954.jpeg
    502955.jpeg
    502956.jpeg
    502957.jpeg

Honest answer?

It was sheer gluttony.

Fair play mate!

corcaigh1 wrote: »

More detail in this post but briefly, I'm following the advice from Jason Fung's The Obesity Code. So intermittent fasting (generally alternate day 24 hour fasts, and a few 36 hours), no eating between meals and a keto-esque diet: no added sugar, no processed carbs, virtually all wholefoods. TBH, it's been easy so far (but there's a long way to go yet).

More detail in this post but briefly, I'm following the advice from Jason Fung's The Obesity Code. So intermittent fasting (generally alternate day 24 hour fasts, and a few 36 hours), no eating between meals and a keto-esque diet: no added sugar, no processed carbs, virtually all wholefoods. TBH, it's been easy so far (but there's a long way to go yet).

Well done! I gotta check out the obesity code...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Week 1 15 Stone 12
    Week 2 15 Stone 10
    Week 3 15 Stone 10
    Week 4 15 Stone 7
    Week 5 15 Stone 5.5
    Week 6 15 Stone 6.5
    Week 7 15 Stone 6.75

Will try double hard this week. Nothing mad this weekend so hopefully that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Week 1 15st 3.5lbs
    Week 2 14st 10.5lbs
    Week 3 14st 10lbs
    Week 4 14st 10.5 lbs
    Week 5 14st 10.5lbs
    Week 6 14st 9.5lbs

Week 7 14st 11lbs
    Bit of a frustrating week. Trained 3 times and felt good. However a lot of cake and rubbish consumed this week due to various celebrations. I was still expecting to be be down though.

I usually weigh on a Friday morning for consistency but didn’t get chance yesterday. Weighed last night and came in at 14st 10lbs but as weight can fluctuate throughout day I said I would weigh this morning to remain consistent with rest of weigh in. Gutted when I saw 14st 11lbs this morning.

Ah well, we go again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Acquiescence

I weigh myself daily and for me it works, day to day fluctuations can be upwards of a kilo at times dependant on hydration levels, time of last meal, composition/digestibility of meals, exercise, sodium etc etc. Once the general trend longterm is downwards I'm happy.

Advertisement