Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confirming Draft Authenticity

Options
  • 10-07-2018 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭

Hi 

I'm looking to sell a car to a buyer who is using a BOI bank draft as payment method. I was on the phone all day yesterday trying to confirm with yourselves that the bank draft was 100%, but couldn't get anywhere. Customer service told me I had to contact the branch itself, but tried and couldn't get through. Woman in CS also said she would try get through and ask them to call me back directly but unfortunately I got no call.

I'm just looking to check it as I'm meeting this evening to complete the sale. He has given me his full name, as well as sending through a copy of the bank draft so I have all relevant details. Is it possible to speak to someone who can confirm?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

wardides wrote: »
    Hi 

I'm looking to sell a car to a buyer who is using a BOI bank draft as payment method. I was on the phone all day yesterday trying to confirm with yourselves that the bank draft was 100%, but couldn't get anywhere. Customer service told me I had to contact the branch itself, but tried and couldn't get through. Woman in CS also said she would try get through and ask them to call me back directly but unfortunately I got no call.

I'm just looking to check it as I'm meeting this evening to complete the sale. He has given me his full name, as well as sending through a copy of the bank draft so I have all relevant details. Is it possible to speak to someone who can confirm?

Thanks

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in contact with us through boards.
    As a number of physical checks need to be done on the draft itself I'd have to ask you to lodge this to your account and the clearance process will not only confirm if the draft is legitimate but also clear the funds so you can use them. The only thing that can be done before you lodge the draft is a check to see if a draft was sold for that amount with that number but beyond that it would need to be lodged so that it can be fully checked.  

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

Hi 

Thanks

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in contact with us through boards.
    As a number of physical checks need to be done on the draft itself I'd have to ask you to lodge this to your account and the clearance process will not only confirm if the draft is legitimate but also clear the funds so you can use them. The only thing that can be done before you lodge the draft is a check to see if a draft was sold for that amount with that number but beyond that it would need to be lodged so that it can be fully checked.  

Thanks again,
    Darren.
    Hi Darren,

The bit in bold would be perfect, who can I get this off?

Just an FYI I have tried contacting the branch several times but keeps going to voicemail. Just looking for a simple yes or no to confirm all looks ok from your side.

Thanks

Kev

Hi

Just again as a follow up, you are not exactly showing yourself in great light here. Having eventually got through to the branch, and speaking to a woman called Elaine, I was told the above was not possible whatsoever. Madness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hi

Just again as a follow up, you are not exactly showing yourself in great light here. Having eventually got through to the branch, and speaking to a woman called Elaine, I was told the above was not possible whatsoever. Madness.

Sorry about that, I've double checked and that procedure has been changed and what Elaine told you is correct. The draft would need to be lodged fully for it to be fully checked and cleared.
    Apologies again,
    Thanks,
    Darren.

• Advertisement
Advertisement