Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible to delay my switch to EI by 1 week or so?

Options
  • 10-07-2018 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hello,

I emailed my query and received an automated reply stating it could be 3 days before I receive a reply. As I don't wish to wait that long to find a resolution I am hoping you will be more responsive via boards.ie.

I initiated my switch to EI on 4th July believing my contract with my existing supplier finished on the 1st. This supplier has since emailed stating I will be charged an exit fee for breaking the contract early. I suspect the discrepancy in contract end dates lies in an aborted switch last year were I decided to stay with this supplier and my current contract started when I was 'retained' as a customer (around 12th July last year).

Now, is it possible to postpone my switch to EI to the end of this week so I can see out my existing contract and avoid the early exit fee?

If not, what options have I besides cancelling the switch altogether?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige B

Hi smursturf,

Thanks for your message.

For us to look into this for you, can you please send us a private message with the following details?
    • Your full name
    • Your address
    • Your contact number
    • Confirmation you are the intended account holder (Yes/No)
    • The MPRN of the premises

Once received, we will request that your switch to Electric Ireland be cancelled, this should fall in line with the 14 day cooling-off period, if the switch was processed as of July 4th.

Once this has been cancelled we recommend staying with your current provider for 20 working days, and then begin the process of switching to Electric Ireland again. This can be completed online here

This is to ensure that you will not be charged an exit fee from your current provider, and will allow for all processes to close off, without confusion.

Should you have any questions, please let us know.

Thanks,
    Brige

Advertisement