Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct Debit cancellation

Options
  • 10-07-2018 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi,

I'm in a weird situation and don't know what to do. Couple of months ago I subscribed to gym membership with an unlimited membership, which means they are charging me a certain amount every month. Now due to my health condition I can't go to gym anymore so I wanted to cancel my subscription to stop paying for nothing, but gym keeps ignoring me. 
    Question is - is there's a way I can cancel paying them? I've tried via 365.online but when pressing 'Cancel direct debit' it requires lots of information and I don't know any of this, all I know is the information shown in my 'Current transactions'. There is no way to cancel payments via their website so bank is my only option, I suppose.
    Is there's anything I can do in my case?
    Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Kamaitachi wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm in a weird situation and don't know what to do. Couple of months ago I subscribed to gym membership with an unlimited membership, which means they are charging me a certain amount every month. Now due to my health condition I can't go to gym anymore so I wanted to cancel my subscription to stop paying for nothing, but gym keeps ignoring me. 
    Question is - is there's a way I can cancel paying them? I've tried via 365.online but when pressing 'Cancel direct debit' it requires lots of information and I don't know any of this, all I know is the information shown in my 'Current transactions'. There is no way to cancel payments via their website so bank is my only option, I suppose.
    Is there's anything I can do in my case?
    Thank you

HI Kamaitachi,

Thanks for getting in touch.

If the Direct Debit to this company has come out of your account before, you can then go back to the last time it came out of your account through the transaction history on your 365 online profile (on the full website not the mobile app) and there will be a + sign beside that transaction. Once you press the + sign you'll be given an option to cancel it and when you press this the system will automatically fill in all the details needed to cancel the direct debit and you can request this there and then.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Kamaitachi

Thanks Darren,

Just checked my account and it seems that it's not actually a Direct debit, I think they just withdrawn money every month manually. Is there anything that can be done in this case?

Thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Kamaitachi wrote: »
    Thanks Darren,

Just checked my account and it seems that it's not actually a Direct debit, I think they just withdrawn money every month manually. Is there anything that can be done in this case?

Thank you

Thanks for checking that, in this case it sounds as if the company are taking the payments through your Visa Debit card details. If this is the case you can raise it through the "Ask a question" section within the "Service Desk" tab of your 365 online profile and the advisers there will be more than happy to place a "Cancelation of continuous Authority" on any transactions for this company. This will give you automatic chargeback rights on any further transactions that this company attempt.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Advertisement