Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

10 Claas Celtis 446 - clutch slipping when under load

• 10-07-2018 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

So one evening I was pulling a bale trailer with 11 first cuts bales up on it. So when I went to pull it something seemed wrong but didnt take any notice of it until I got out onto the road and had to face a few hills. The tractor barely made it up home crawling like. So as I went to change gears to speed up the engine would continue to rev for a good bit until eventually the gear engaging.

Like we have a Ursus 4512 and she pulled 7 bales up the same route no problem with a smaller trailer. Like this Claas is 96 hp with the turbo so it should be no problem for it. Now the clutch on this tractor is not self adjusting so I checked it and found it to be outside the limits for free play in the clutch, its meant to lie between 15-45mm, it has since been adjusted and has play of about 25mm but still at times it slips by just pulling itself.

Like we only have this tractor and loader 2 years with 3590 hrs.. any ideas??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭s14driftking

Clutch is fecked. Loader work is hard on clutches.

Advertisement