Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

re: notice as house going for sale

Options
  • 10-07-2018 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

Hi all, my property management company have given me a heads up that our house (our landlords / their banks ) is going for sale and we have been given advance notice of being giving notice so to speak which will probably take us upto late November - I am just wondering if there would be any point asking them to extend to mid/late January ? if anyone has experience of same all advice welcome.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

HairMare wrote: »
    Hi all, my property management company have given me a heads up that our house (our landlords / their banks ) is going for sale and we have been given advance notice of being giving notice so to speak which will probably take us upto late November - I am just wondering if there would be any point asking them to extend to mid/late January ? if anyone has experience of same all advice welcome.....

If you want to stay on longer, you have two choices. The first is try to negotiate, and the second is to challenge the notice. With appeals and so on you should be able to stretch into January. It may be worth your while to try and negotiate based on a guarantee that you will move out in January.

Advertisement