Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycle lanes

Options
  • 10-07-2018 12:24pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

Not sure where the better place to ask this is, here or the cycling forum?

Looking for a map of the cycle lanes in Cork City. Just a basic one, can't find anything through Google.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭thomil

Not sure where the better place to ask this is, here or the cycling forum?

Looking for a map of the cycle lanes in Cork City. Just a basic one, can't find anything through Google.

There's not one concise map that I'm aware of. There's the cycle planner section of TFI's national journey planner for one:

http://www.journeyplanner.transportforireland.ie/cp/XSLT_TRIP_REQUEST2

There's also a cycling overlay available within Google Maps. However, that is patchy and doesn't include major cycle lanes like the ones on Pope's Quay or along Parnell Place & Anglesea Street:

https://www.google.com/maps/@51.9006959,-8.4935423,14.66z/data=!5m1!1e3

As far as paper maps are concerned, someone else might be better placed to help you with that, because I have no clue about that.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

cycle lanes are laughable in Cork city but don't let that put you off. Cycle on the roads and not the footpaths.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

Chanced it last night anyway in rush hour traffic from train station to Mardyke on those coke zero bikes. Had to make one turn around as too many cars to get across near bus station. It's pretty plain sailing then though - onto oliver plunkett street, across in front of soho and its cycle lane then all the way down washington street.

Advertisement