Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Having another baby in your 40s

Options
  • 10-07-2018 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭

Anyone got any experience in this area? Especially those who have kids already (about 10 years old).

I know it's harder to get pregnant but just wondering if anyone found it easy, or as quick this time around.

Plus I'm guessing with older kids it might be easier to focus on the baby, as you aren't running around after a toddler as well.

Any advice or experience to share?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭cornflake1

Anyone got any experience in this area? Especially those who have kids already (about 10 years old).

I know it's harder to get pregnant but just wondering if anyone found it easy, or as quick this time around.

Plus I'm guessing with older kids it might be easier to focus on the baby, as you aren't running around after a toddler as well.

Any advice or experience to share?

My two children are under two but it took me six cycles to fall pregnant at the age of 39 and only one cycle just before I turned 41.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

cornflake1 wrote: »
    My two children are under two but it took me six cycles to fall pregnant at the age of 39 and only one cycle just before I turned 41.

So it happened quicker when you were 41?

So it happened quicker when you were 41?
    Yes, first try. I was tracking my period though and using ovulation sticks so knew the right time. Although I did the same the first time but it took longer anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Were you right on your ovulation day, or just around it?

Were you right on your ovulation day, or just around it?

Leading up to it. As I understand it is better to have sex before ovulation as sperm can live a few days and so can be there waiting for the egg. I was also taking a prenatal vitamin and evening primrose oil for the first half of my cycle. I don't know if they helped or not. I was surprised it happened first go. I did have some tests done previously so I knew that there weren't any obvious fertility issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

I’m 41 and expecting my 3rd child next February/ March.
    I was 36 when I got pregnant with my first child and it took a year of ttc.
    I’ve been pregnant three times since then and got pregnant quickly and easily each time. This time I got pregnant on my first try.
    I had been tracking my cycle and ovulation dates etc but still it happened quickly and easily.

Advertisement