Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New contract

Options
  • 10-07-2018 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭

Just finished a 6 month probationary contract and will be offered a full time permanent contract. How long have i to sign the new contract. Id like to have a look around to see whats out there. Can the employer revoke the contract once its offered

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

ssmith6287 wrote: »
    Just finished a 6 month probationary contract and will be offered a full time permanent contract. How long have i to sign the new contract. Id like to have a look around to see whats out there. Can the employer revoke the contract once its offered

Absolutely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

Is your copy of the contract already signed by them, or are they waiting for you to sign it first?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

Permament doesn't mean you're bound to them. Just sign the contract and keep looking anyway. You can always hand your notice in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Hi Op

i find your post strange.

why would you hold off signing the contract, unless it includes a clause you dont like, such as cannot work for a competitor, or long notice period?

just be made permanent, and if you want to leave hand in your notice?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

Cheers for the replies. Yep long notice period and exactly that cant work for a rival. I signed the contract anyway. Like you said get on with it and if I find another job hand in my notice

• Advertisement
Advertisement