Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can you move your driving test to a different centre than the one you applied to?

• 10-07-2018 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I’m after failing my driving test for the 3rd time. I’m about to rebook it but was just wondering if I book it in one test center can I move it to another test center as I’m relocating for work and it might be better for me to do it somewhere else.
    Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Tacadh

Also I was wondering if I should do it in an automatic next time? I’m very comfortable driving manual I don’t know just feel very dejected about this! Also any recommendations on where to do it in Dublin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

I’m not sure about moving to a different centre but I do know that if you do your test in an automatic car your license will only cover you to drive automatic cars so you would have to do the test again in a manual car if you want to drive a manual car.

Cakerbaker wrote: »
    I’m not sure about moving to a different centre but I do know that if you do your test in an automatic car your license will only cover you to drive automatic cars so you would have to do the test again in a manual car if you want to drive a manual car.

Ya I’d be willing to do that to be honest. Just so sick of it at this stage and getting to the point where I’ll be needing a car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Tacadh wrote: »
    Ya I’d be willing to do that to be honest. Just so sick of it at this stage and getting to the point where I’ll be needing a car.

If you're comfortable with gears I wouldn't.

It creates problems when buying cars, when renting for holidays etc. It's just a pain. We are getting closer to a time when having an automatic license would be fine, but we're not quite there yet.

As for changing centres, I'm not entirely sure on the process. But you will be able to cancel your existing booking and book somewhere else no problem. There may be a defined process to do this, but you'll have to call up someone and ask I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭hasdanta

Surely if you're comfortable with gears it wouldn't make much sense switching from manual to automatic because the gears shouldn't be why you're failing

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Wondering this to. My wife is booked into Churchtown but its been months and still nothing. Is there any way to speed this up? Can you change to a new centre - which ones have more availability?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

Hi,
    I had to do this due to moving areas. I emailed drivingtest@rsa.ie and they replied a few days later. Incidentally I think they put me on the cancellation list and I was unprepared when I was called. Got it on round 2 though. Best of luck.

Not sure about changing test centres.

Why are you failing the test though? Don't mean that to sound harsh, I just recently passed so I know its tough and grade 2's are given very lightly.

Not sure about changing test centres.

Why are you failing the test though? Don't mean that to sound harsh, I just recently passed so I know its tough and grade 2's are given very lightly.

I went over a white line whilst turning right at the end of my test and failed on that. Got 2 grade 2s for wide turns and too much of a delay between my blind spot check and moving off appearantly. The tester is very harsh and I’ve had him each time

Advertisement