Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€50 draft league H2H

• 10-07-2018 3:27pm

I’ve created a H2H €50 winner takes all draft league.

The current proposed date and time for draft is Tuesday 7th of August at 10.30pm

I’ve selected ‘all’ for player trades to allow trades between managers. For this reason only current boardsies will be allowed to join.

I’m thinking 10 managers might be a decent league but current set-up would allow 12.

All above settings are open to change if I’ve missed something or if the majority in the league think of a better direction re draft date/time, player trades, league size, etc.

Winner takes all won’t change and from my experience, last season, I think H2H won’t change either. It will allow for the league to stay competitive for longer.

First come first served. Cut off date for payment will be 1st of August to allow others to join if some do not pay and drop out.

Comments

I’ve had a few PM’s on this but I should have stated I’m not great with the PM’s.

So if you’re interested then post in this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

I’ve selected ‘all’ for player trades to allow trades between managers.

I am kind of interested but the potential for funny business with trades at the end of the season concerns me a little.

In our draft last season you encouraged people who were out of contention to release their star players so you would have a better chance of catching up to the money spots - and the trade system would be much more open to abuse.

Was debating whether or not to mention that but it’s probably worth proper consideration/conversation before signing up.

I am kind of interested but the potential for funny business with trades at the end of the season concerns me a little.

In our draft last season you encouraged people who were out of contention to release their star players so you would have a better chance of catching up to the money spots - and the trade system would be much more open to abuse.

Was debating whether or not to mention that but it’s probably worth proper consideration/conversation before signing up.

Well that’s one take on it.

What I actually said was -

‘I’ve noticed a few guys at the bottom have not made transfers for a bit.

I wonder if will they release their star players back in to the player pool to maybe spice it up a bit (if they have stopped playing of course).’

It was a boring enough league and it’s not like I could have snapped up ALL the players. The draft system would have seen a spread. So I think it’s a tad unfair the way you phrased it.

Having said that I do hear where you’re coming from.

So that’s why I said that if you’re not already a Boardsie you can’t enter. We allowed a guys brother to enter last year but that would be a no no this season.

I also think the H2H format will make it much more competitive this season.

Also that ‘trades’ option can be agreed and changed up to the deadline and if we can work out which is best we can go for that. I did say that would be up for agreement.

My thoughts on the trade is to keep it open. Nobody is going to exchange Kane for Danny Ings but they might if they’re getting 2 midfielders and a defender they want in the same trade.

There is also a veto option so if somebody does try and exchange Kane and Sane for Ings and Lemina we could call foul play. I don’t think that would happen though. I’d prefer not to have the burden of veto as the administrator and take it on trust we will play fair to the end.

Well that’s one take on it.

What I actually said was -

‘I’ve noticed a few guys at the bottom have not made transfers for a bit.

I wonder if will they release their star players back in to the player pool to maybe spice it up a bit (if they have stopped playing of course).’

In a draft system it’s the only take on it. If people at the bottom release Lukaku or Hazard or whoever just because they can no longer win you are completely diluting the skill/achievement of the leader in picking the best draft team originally and the ‘spicing it up’ just means bringing people back into it who didn’t make good enough picks at the start and wouldn’t otherwise be in contention.

I do agree that H2H and trades should make the game more interesting but supposing it doesn’t and someone is way ahead at Christmas I think it’s worth mentioning that the game is played in the right spirit to the end.

I’m not trying to dredge up old disagreement for the sake of it and hope we can get a league with good numbers going here but I just wanted to make sure there is no ambiguity about what is fair and then am happy as you say to trust that people will play fair to the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I'll do it if you can change the date(I'm flying on the 7th). The 6th would be fine. No worries if you don't want to.

The date is less important to me.

It’s the time of day that effects me most. I’d love it to be 11pm but understand 10.30 might be the latest most can do.

We could go all out and do it on the 9th which I think is also transfer deadline.

We can also choose the shortest time clock between picks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I’m in.

Like TT, I’d be a bit skeptical of this release of star plsyers Back into the player pool to allow others to catch the leaders.

I trust boardsies though

Well then we’ll have a look at the transfer option and put in the necessary restrictions.

Options are -

None

All

Administrator veto

Manager veto

I can understand them all except manager veto.

So where are we at with this ?

I’ll start off as the first entry in a new post after this.

Then ‘quote’ and add your interest.

• Advertisement

1. Klopparama

1. Klopporama

2. Trimm Trabb

1. Klopporama

2. Trimm Trabb

3. Chesty08

Hopefully we can get this to at least 6. Preferably 8.

I think it will be more enjoyable this season in the H2H format.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I'm in if the draft night is before the 7th as I'm on holidays after that.

1. Klopporama

2. Trimm Trabb

3. Chesty08

4. Dearg81

I’d say if we get at least 2 more it would make a decent league. Ideally another 4-6.

Was reading that the ideal number for a draft league would be 6-8 so even 2 more would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭McBain11

Not doing the draft myself this year (concentrating on finishing 1st in the world in the classic FPL :pac:) but the head to head is definitely the best way to go to keep people interested. I was right in the mix in a league last year until the final couple of game weeks even though I would have been 1-200 points behind
    in a classic league scenario. Also 6-8 is spot on numbers wise. Had 8 in our draft league last season and after that the quality of PL players to select really starts to drop. You might squeeze up to 10, but anything after and lads would lose interest very quickly with the poorer PL players on board.

What’s the story here lads ?

Are we going to go ahead with just the 4 and winner takes all ?

Would be nice to get at least 2 more.

What’s the story here lads ?

Are we going to go ahead with just the 4 and winner takes all ?

Would be nice to get at least 2 more.

Think 6 is the minimum we'd need to make it worthwhile..

Hopefully a couple of latecomers will join the party.

• Advertisement

Think this is a no go now.

Dearg is off on holidays too so shame but no draft this year.

Doesn’t seem to be any interest in any drafts which really is a Shame

I enjoyed them last season

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Doesn’t seem to be any interest in any drafts which really is a Shame

I enjoyed them last season

Agreed. As limited as it was it was still fun to try and bring in players weekly but no doubt the highlight is the draft night itself.

Advertisement