Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shoes with wider toe box

Options
  • 10-07-2018 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭

Got me a lovely pair of Shimano shoes a few months ago. Typical Shimano, in that they seem to have put a lot of thought into them. But after a few months, I find they are a bit tight on long spins, and really annoying the small toe on one foot. I've been told by a few people lately that Shimano shoes are narrow.

Can anyone recommend a shoe with a wider toe area? Ideally a pair that I can get at a Cork or Dublin LBS, as I don't like ordering shoes online.
    BTW, these are SPDs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Frankirish

I wear Northwave as I found them to be much wider that both Shimano and SIDI. I went a size up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,329 ✭✭✭secman

Shimano also do a wide fitting version of their models, well they used to because I've a pair sized 45 W of one of their shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭saccades

Specialized fit like addidas.
    Shimano like Nike.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭sin_26

Sidi have Mega version for wide footed. Bont is kinda wide at toe box as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭coppinger

I have Bont Vaypour's and found them the widest after using Sidi, specilaiazed, shimano. You can mould them in the oven at home to your fit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

The way your fastening your shoes can make all the difference to the fitting. Ill tell you more if you like tomorrow but i gotta get to bed.

Advertisement