Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CORK CITY VS. LEGIA WARSZAWA - UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

• 10-07-2018 4:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭

Cork City take on Polish side Legia Warsaw in front of a sold out Turners Cross this evening with a 7:45 kickoff. It will be the first time in 12 years that Cork City will be playing Champions League football. Unfortunately, because we are in only the qualifying stages of the competition they will not be officially allowed play the Champions League music, but I still hope they do.

Since RTE are showing another game of football tonight that isn't as significant in the grand scheme of things, and if you want to watch this game you will have to go with a stream (legally allowed ones not dodgy ones).

Cork City's stream of it can be found here.

Liega Warsaw will be streaming the game live on their official Facebook page.

City are big underdogs going into the game but will be hopeful of getting a result nonetheless. Cork could be without their stalwart goalkeeper Mark McNulty who picked up an ankle injury last week against Shamrock Rovers. There hasn't been any team announcements yet.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Good luck to Cork, hope they do well.

But claiming that a World Cup semi-final isn't as significant as a qualifying round for The Champions League....

Ah heyor!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Best of luck to Cork tonight, arguably the toughest draw they could have got but Cork have been performing at a very high level for a number of years now and will not let Legia have it easy. I am predicting a 0-0 or 1-1 draw tonight which would be a great result for Cork. Can't see them progressing over the two legs but if they managed to keep Legia scoreless tonight you never know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Arghus wrote: »
    Good luck to Cork, hope they do well.

But claiming that a World Cup semi-final isn't as significant as a qualifying round for The Champions League....

Ah heyor!!

Tongue firmly in cheek. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

Delighted to see Peter Cherrie start for Cork tonight.

Cummins dropped to the bench. I didn't see that coming.

Interesting formation, false number 9? No one can accuse Caulfield of being predictable.

I can understand Sadlier being dropped, he is not really a team player.

The one area that concerns me is the full backs, but with that formation I would ecpect Cork to play with two wide midfielders with a view to protecting the flanks.

It'll be interesting to see how that formation works.

Have Cork played with this formation before or is Caulfield trying it out for the first time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Can anyone get the streams working properly?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »
    Not so far. Going to try a PC as the page keeps locking up on my tablet.

Yeah, I'm on the pc but it plays for about 10 seconds, loops that 3 times and resets to just before kick off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

PM pls for youtube

The mycujoo link seems to be working better this half

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Still 0-0, hope they can hold out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,370 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Ah Cork...let them score from nothing. Weren't even threatening beforehand.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

ah bollix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Looked like a cracker of a goal but hard to make out on the stream.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

Looked like a cracker of a goal but hard to make out on the stream.

You could argue that Cork went to sleep a bit. All Cork players went very deep on the assumption the free would be punted in to the box.

Also, the strike was from a very long way out. Should Cherrie have done better?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,794 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Hard to see that Cork team getting anywhere near Legia in the second leg. Extremely low quality stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Seemed to be a struggle for City fitness wise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

Was disappointed with the result. Thought we created enough chances to win it or at least get a draw. Thought Caulfield played the right tactics to be able to contain them to few chances, while still allowing us to create a few ourselves. The team's performance as a whole was great, which makes the result even more disappointing.

McNamee's miss in the first half was awful and we were unlucky not to score from a set piece that they cleared off the line, shortly before they scored. We could have done better to spot the run for the goal, but it was a fantastic strike. I didn't think Cherrie had much of a chance to get to it, from where I was behind the goal, it looked to go right into the top corner. We had another couple of good chances to equalise, but our finishing wasn't good enough.

Great to see that kind of crowd and atmosphere, though. There was a massive queue waiting to get in an hour and a half before kick off and the ground was rocking. Legia are massive favourites to finish us off over there, but you never know. They couldn't beat Pats or Dundalk at home. A goal over there, even if they were 1-0 up, would really make a game of it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement